Why won't Nikki Haley be the first female POTUS?

tantric superman

I thought the clip of her talking commerce and government overreach, and individual freedom, as fucking hilarious as a response to what caused the Civil War.  The GOP [oliticians KNOW that they have to keep the racists in their party happy, and any mention of slavery is forbidden.  

Another perfect example of the elevation of stupidity as a necessity in the ranks of GOP politicians.  Haley's not stupid, but she has to act stupid, for her stupid constituents. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

I thought the clip of her talking commerce and government overreach, and individual freedom, as fucking hilarious as a response to what caused the Civil War.  The GOP [oliticians KNOW that they have to keep the racists in their party happy, and any mention of slavery is forbidden.  

Another perfect example of the elevation of stupidity as a necessity in the ranks of GOP politicians.  Haley's not stupid, but she has to act stupid, for her stupid constituents. 

Gonna have to disagree a bit with you on this, she's fucking stupid.

But as to your other point, yeah that's true.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

Yeah—imma gonna hafta disagree with you there, friend.

She’s a fucking moron.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Definitely not saying that-- and she was dishonest for not just saying "Slavery"-- but this flavor of politicking (pandering and winking and nodding and keeping powder dry to talk out of both sides of the mouth and claiming willful ignorance when being called out) is a tale as old as time.

So you're argument is that her response is not "business as usual", but it is a "tale as old as time"? Fuck off, troll.

14 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

So you're argument is that her response is not "business as usual", but it is a "tale as old as time"? Fuck off, troll.

Dude, take your prozac. My response was to the poster, if he was trying to make a novel and unique observation about human and/or political behavior, in that the despicable behavior we are witnessing is neither novel nor unique.

Edited by BeardIP

49 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Dude, take your prozac. My response was to the poster, if he was trying to make a novel and unique observation about human and/or political behavior, in that the despicable behavior we are witnessing is neither novel nor unique.

You're not wrong, doesn't excuse her lame response. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Holy shit. I live in a world in which I agree with Chris Christie, a world in which Chris Christie is making sense.

Not sure why this thought entered my head, but this scene has the potential to be the worst orgy ever. Olds. Fats. All manner of crusty whites. Someone just needs to melt the crisco and put the German Polka Greatest Hits on a loop. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

The sound of inevitability 

image.thumb.jpeg.d2476acf4f20fa51a19b99bc3a3c8f19.jpeg

What I love is that these morons love to cite "many scholars," and just breeze right past US v. Wong Kim Ark, which makes pretty damned plain that if you are a US Citizen at birth...you are a "natural born citizen."  And that's exactly what that psychopath piece of shit does:

Now, the vast majority of legal scholarship offering an opinion to the contrary will cite the seminal Supreme Court decision, Wong Kim Ark.  However, there, the relevant issue was not whether someone whose natural born citizenship was in question might serve in the highest office of the land, but rather, whether such a person was entitled to the bare minimums of American citizenship.  Thus, the legal issues are completely different. 

Yes, the "vast majority of legal scholarship" says just that.  Because it's correct.  And his attempt at "distinguishing" the reasoning is laughably bad.  "I know that Case X says that a contract is formed when you have offer and acceptance, but THAT case was about whether it's a breach if you fail to pay for goods provided under a contract, NOT a case like this one, where the seller failed to provide the goods in the first place.  THE LEGAL ISSUES ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, SO YOU CAN'T CITE CASE X FOR THE PROPOSITION THAT A CONTRACT IS FORMED WHEN YOU HAVE OFFER AND ACCEPTANCE!"

These.  People.  Are.  So.  Fucking.  Stupid.

If they weren't a real threat to actually run our country, I would find this a lot funnier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

So Trump is OK with 12th Amendment disqualifications, but not 14th Amendment.  Do I have that right?

She’s gaining in New Hampshire.  If one or two other candidates’ followers decide to back her instead, she could make it close enough to embarrass him and maybe take some campaign money away from him.  He has to bury the field in his mind.

“It’s like having the best bows and arrows in the age of gunpowder.”

Mike Madrid, an anti-Trump Republican strategist, on Nikki Haley’s surge in fund-raising from deep-pocketed backers. Supporters of the former South Carolina governor include the investor Stanley Druckenmiller and the metals magnate Andy Sabin (and the Democratic tech entrepreneur Reid Hoffman), but Haley continues to trail Donald Trump in Republican primary polls by double digits.

Edited by BeardIP

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

She’s gaining in New Hampshire.  If one or two other candidates’ followers decide to back her instead, she could make it close enough to embarrass him and maybe take some campaign money away from him.  He has to bury the field in his mind.

So polls suggest she's within single digits in NH, hence Trumps attacks.  But let's say she finishes 2nd in Iowa, very close (potentially wins) in NH, then wins SC.  Do we actually have a race at that point?  I assume everyone here would prefer her vs. Trump as the nominee.

she is certainly picking up steam again.  I wasn't planning on watching her dismantle DeSantis tonight at the debate, but I am intrigued enough now that Donald has her in his sights again.  I wouldn't vote for her, but I like that she's yet another distraction for Trump despite him being in a shitton of trouble.  His mother-in-law just died, his wife and son are grieving, and the only person he can talk about is Nikki Haley.  Pretty telling actually.  

That said, while of course I would prefer her to Trump.  If she wins the nomination, my jerkoff material is no more.  Because Trump has to win the nomination and lose the general and thousands of MAGAts have to murder one another for me to climax.  

18 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

So polls suggest she's within single digits in NH, hence Trumps attacks.  But let's say she finishes 2nd in Iowa, very close (potentially wins) in NH, then wins SC.  Do we actually have a race at that point?  I assume everyone here would prefer her vs. Trump as the nominee.

For the general election, I wouldn't.  Dangerous as Trump might be, no one galvanizes Democratic turnout quiet like him.  My fear of someone like Haley is that she appears just moderate enough for us not to get a turnout.  She's just as dangerous/pro right wing, but with a chance of actually getting some damaging legislation done via a Presidential agenda.  

But that's me.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Right now if you told me that I could either have Haley as President or or a coin toss between Trump and Biden, I certainly would think about it. 

Virtually any repudiation of Trump at this point would be a step in the right direction.  I saw virtually because there are plenty of Republicans who I think would be worse.  I think Haley is just sane enough for me to want her as the nominee over Trump. 

• Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Right now if you told me that I could either have Haley as President or or a coin toss between Trump and Biden, I certainly would think about it. 

Virtually any repudiation of Trump at this point would be a step in the right direction.  I saw virtually because there are plenty of Republicans who I think would be worse.  I think Haley is just sane enough for me to want her as the nominee over Trump. 

I hear you.

But we're all-in now.  This is for all the marbles -- the Republic survives, or not.  And the ONLY way to get there is to soundly defeat Trump, which cripples Trumpism going forward.

Well, the OTHER way to get there is for Trump to drop fucking dead, which will be the most important moment for the Republic since Lee's surrender at Appomattox.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I hear you.

But we're all-in now.  This is for all the marbles -- the Republic survives, or not.  And the ONLY way to get there is to soundly defeat Trump, which cripples Trumpism going forward.

Well, the OTHER way to get there is for Trump to drop fucking dead, which will be the most important moment for the Republic since Lee's surrender at Appomattox.

Well Christie thinks she's going to get worked by Trump.  But I'll continue my delusional hope that she's able to take him out. 

And it's better that he lose than die.  Can you imagine the conspiracy theories if he dies after he wins the nomination but prior to the general?  Holy fuck you talk about the Republic melting down

Just now, babysdaddy said:

Well Christie thinks she's going to get worked by Trump.  But I'll continue my delusional hope that she's able to take him out. 

And it's better that he lose than die.  Can you imagine the conspiracy theories if he dies after he wins the nomination but prior to the general?  Holy fuck you talk about the Republic melting down

Doesn't matter.  He'll be dead.  The force around which the fuckholes coalesce will be gone, and it's been proven that nobody can replace him.  Let them descend into their conspiracies.  Without a leader around which they can rally and re-invigorate their insanity every day, they'll fracture and fall apart.

8 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Why not both.gif?  Dowd and Axelrod and their political institute project at University of Chicago, arguably the nation's smartest college not in the Ivy League or named after Leyland, Jr. gamed this out last year.  Using AI, or game theory, or whatever the fuck those nerds do sitting on metal bleachers in an empty football stadium above a nuclear waste site.  And their statistical modeling showed that about 15-25mm of Trumpers would refuse to accept his death as valid.  Roughly half of them would think he was killed by the Deep State or ANTIFA or the FBI or Democratic operators (I forget the breakdown but you get the idea) and the other half of that number would believe he was still alive and operating a government in exile.  They also tried to play out how many would take to violence but the control questions were too fraught with error because even stupid people know you're not supposed to vocalize your premeditation for murder ahead of time.  

But yeah, I think the best outcome is he's legit defeated and that kills him because he knows he's toast and his mind eats his body.  Second best is they think some RINO operative killed him to take back the party for their own selfish means.  But at this point, I'll take anything.

Edited by YGIFS

6 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

With Christie dropping out, if she picks up most of his followers (I don’t see them going to Vivek, DeSantis, or Trump), she’s got a decent chance at beating Trump in New Hampshire, and coming in second in Iowa. DeSantis’s money will be drying up shortly if momentum builds behind Nikki as well.

I think a lot of Trump supporters are answering any polls they get accurately (because those fuckers will tell you they support Trump and they pump the sunshine), but I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of non-Trump Republicans are keeping their choices on the down low. 

I think we have some kind of race at that point if she comes in second in Iowa and picks up New Hampshire (or ties him). That basically means that there are a lot more “anybody but Trump supporters” among Republicans than people realize, and I wouldn’t be surprised if some anti-Trump BMDs make massive pushes at that point.  We might also see Democrats and Indies crossing over in some states to vote against Trump in the primaries as well.

It all comes down to how many “anybody but Trump” Republicans there are - most likely they are not wanting to tangle with MAGA and so keep their choices in the down low. 

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

With Christie dropping out, if she picks up most of his followers (I don’t see them going to Vivek, DeSantis, or Trump), she’s got a decent chance at beating Trump in New Hampshire, and coming in second in Iowa. DeSantis’s money will be drying up shortly if momentum builds behind Nikki as well.

I think a lot of Trump supporters are answering any polls they get accurately (because those fuckers will tell you they support Trump and they pump the sunshine), but I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of non-Trump Republicans are keeping their choices on the down low. 

I think we have some kind of race at that point if she comes in second in Iowa and picks up New Hampshire (or ties him). That basically means that there are a lot more “anybody but Trump supporters” among Republicans than people realize, and I wouldn’t be surprised if some anti-Trump BMDs make massive pushes at that point.  We might also see Democrats and Indies crossing over in some states to vote against Trump in the primaries as well.

It all comes down to how many “anybody but Trump” Republicans there are - most likely they are not wanting to tangle with MAGA and so keep their choices in the down low. 

There numbers are insignificant.  The only Republicans left are those who have consumed the Flavor-aid, for whatever reason.  Trump will be the nominee.  Easily.  There is no party except the party of Trump.  Stop with the fantasies.  Except for the ones about Sela Ward -- I can't begrudge a man those fantasies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Doesn't matter.  He'll be dead.  The force around which the fuckholes coalesce will be gone, and it's been proven that nobody can replace him.  Let them descend into their conspiracies.  Without a leader around which they can rally and re-invigorate their insanity every day, they'll fracture and fall apart.

yeah, Tucker says you're wrong.  And he'd have an orange martyr to point to. 

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

yeah, Tucker says you're wrong.  And he'd have an orange martyr to point to. 

They love Tucker, but not because he's Tucker.  They love him because he pumps the orange man worship.  Once the orange man is gone, do you think they'll rally around this tower of charisma?

FufjgABWcAAtQLl.png

NOPE.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There numbers are insignificant.  The only Republicans left are those who have consumed the Flavor-aid, for whatever reason.  Trump will be the nominee.  Easily.  There is no party except the party of Trump.  Stop with the fantasies.  Except for the ones about Sela Ward -- I can't begrudge a man those fantasies.

Christie’s supporters would put her over DeSantis in Iowa and put her over Trump in New Hampshire.

You and I both know, from our younger days as Republicans up till now, plenty of Republicans who would be happy with Nikki if she’d push even a part of Trump’s agenda as President, just without his baggage.  They will happily pull that (R) lever for somebody who has a chance at beating Biden.

These are Republicans who pulled that (R) lever for decades for anybody that was on the ballot in the general. And quite a few of them do consider Trump a loser for having cost them the White House, House, and Senate, as well as him making it all about himself and his enemies, rather than pushing the GOP agenda.  Nikki is pushing all of the right buttons about GOP policies versus Trump spending his social media and interview time ranting about 2020 or his enemies.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Christie’s supporters would put her over DeSantis in Iowa and put her over Trump in New Hampshire.

You and I both know, from our younger days as Republicans up till now, plenty of Republicans who would be happy with Nikki if she’d push even a part of Trump’s agenda as President, just without his baggage.  They will happily pull that (R) lever for somebody who has a chance at beating Biden.

These are Republicans who pulled that (R) lever for decades for anybody that was on the ballot in the general. And quite a few of them do consider Trump a loser for having cost them the White House, House, and Senate, as well as him making it all about himself and his enemies, rather than pushing the GOP agenda.  Nikki is pushing all of the right buttons about GOP policies versus Trump spending his social media and interview time ranting about 2020 or his enemies.

You think that all remaining Republicans have not converted, fully and completely, to the God Trump.  You are wrong.  There are no Republicans who are not members of the cult.  None.  Zero.  Anyone who was not willing to join the cult left.  There's nothing left but rancid, orange-worshipping shit, all the way down.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, YGIFS said:

she is certainly picking up steam again.  I wasn't planning on watching her dismantle DeSantis tonight at the debate, but I am intrigued enough now that Donald has her in his sights again.  I wouldn't vote for her, but I like that she's yet another distraction for Trump despite him being in a shitton of trouble.  His mother-in-law just died, his wife and son are grieving, and the only person he can talk about is Nikki Haley.  Pretty telling actually.  

That said, while of course I would prefer her to Trump.  If she wins the nomination, my jerkoff material is no more.  Because Trump has to win the nomination and lose the general and thousands of MAGAts have to murder one another for me to climax.  

There is no way Trump doesn't split the party if she won the primary and Biden waltzes in.

• Hook 'Em 2

Looks like the conservatives around here are starting to fall back to the grand ol party. Been fun seeing some of y’all LARP the last few years calling yourself former republicans. Enjoy your next tax break and continued downfall of the country at the handsof said Republican Party. The rot started long before Trump, he was just the boil that popped.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This. What in gods holy name are yall blathering about?  Haley?  He’s got like a 30-50 point lead in every state. I want some of what yall are smoking. 

Also, even if it somehow happened, yall think the GOP is just going to suddenly abandon their magat ways?  This is who they are. They have to keep being insane to keep their base. If they do anything else, they are finished. 

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This. What in gods holy name are yall blathering about?  Haley?  He’s got like a 30-50 point lead in every state. I want some of what yall are smoking. 

Also, even if it somehow happened, yall think the GOP is just going to suddenly abandon their magat ways?  This is who they are. They have to keep being insane to keep their base. If they do anything else, they are finished. 

Have seen several videos of Trumpanzees claiming they’ll just write him in no matter the circumstances.  

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You think that all remaining Republicans have not converted, fully and completely, to the God Trump.  You are wrong.  There are no Republicans who are not members of the cult.  None.  Zero.  Anyone who was not willing to join the cult left.  There's nothing left but rancid, orange-worshipping shit, all the way down.

If that was true, Trump would get 90%+ in all of the primaries and polls and Ron and Nikki and the rest would have bailed out long ago.  Nikki and Ron are taking lots of potshots at Trump tonight, and only doing so because if by some chance one of them ended up as the nominee, they know most Republicans would fall in line.