Why won't Nikki Haley be the first female POTUS?

tantric superman

23 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Came here to actually talk about Nikki Haley, unfortunately the party line goose stepping baby dicks have once again taken over a thread with the same bullshit that’s on almost every CR thread! (Cue the “I have no party” but obviously have a party guys!)

If you came here to discuss Nikki Haley, you would have discussed her announcement, policy positions, or chances of becoming President in this volatile political environment. Instead you decided to play the victim and attack others with name calling.  

• Hook 'Em 9

She was actually somewhat moderate by current GOP standards and was on her way to being a prominent national figure within the party.  But the way she bent over for Trump on North Korea was laughable.  I think she's getting in the race to be selected by the eventual nominee as a running mate (several primary dropouts go on to become VP picks...a long line of them going back to LBJ in 1960 to Harris today).  

MAGA nation will pick her apart for us, no need to stoop to that level.  Here's the dirty little secret that GoPokes83 and others need to come to terms with.  Not saying them in particular, but their movement will absolutely not abide Nikki Haley once she gets asked some version of this question, "Do you think we need more Jesus/Bible/Prayer in society/schools/children's homes?"  And then it's all over for her.  She won South Carolina as Governor in 2012 by less than 4%.  She only won because she's a Republican, and she almost lost to a shitheap Democrat.  Because when conservative Republicans find out she's a Sikh, that's no different than a Muslim to them.  They don't know the difference and they don't care.  She's different, a non-Judeo Christian.  And that will frighten them out to the polls.  She'll drop out shortly after the South Carolina primaries.  

Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada Republicans?  These people have no fucking idea what a Sikh is.  They just know it's brown and different.  Somebody is gonna beat the shit outta that message and she's fucking toast.  We all know it, we just don't want to admit it.  

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This.  And like YGIFS said, she'll be raked over the coals for having a Sikh marriage, and still doing a few Sikh ceremonies a year.

The Sikh hurdle is tall enough for a Democrat running for president. For a Republican? Forget it.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

If you came here to discuss Nikki Haley, you would have discussed her announcement, policy positions, or chances of becoming President in this volatile political environment. Instead you decided to play the victim and attack others with name calling.  

Well, her announcement was remarkably devoid of any policy positions, so it's tough to discuss those.

And her chances of becoming president are nil, so it's really tough to discuss those.

Her entry into the race does crowd the field somewhat, and prevents it from being a two-person race between Trump and DeSantis.  And that is to Trump's benefit, as it was in 2016.  And I suspect Haley won't be the last.  You're probably going to have Hogan and Sununu and a few others jumping in.  So this is going to be a pretty crowded field in which Trump is going to have a significant plurality to start.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Well, her announcement was remarkably devoid of any policy positions, so it's tough to discuss those.

And her chances of becoming president are nil, so it's really tough to discuss those.

Her entry into the race does crowd the field somewhat, and prevents it from being a two-person race between Trump and DeSantis.  And that is to Trump's benefit, as it was in 2016.  And I suspect Haley won't be the last.  You're probably going to have Hogan and Sununu and a few others jumping in.  So this is going to be a pretty crowded field in which Trump is going to have a significant plurality to start.

I agree. I still suspect this is her bid to get a VP nod, or at minimum some position in a Republican administration. She called Trump to get his blessing. She knows where this is headed 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Came here to actually talk about Nikki Haley, unfortunately the party line goose stepping baby dicks have once again taken over a thread with the same bullshit that’s on almost every CR thread! (Cue the “I have no party” but obviously have a party guys!)

Take your meds then make sure and press the nurse call button to clean off your fat, feculant ass.  Fucking pussy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I think he calls her Sikh Nikki, but pronounces it like "sick", it kinda rhymes.  

She'll correct him and say it's pronounced like "seek", and Trump will act like Norm in Celebrity Jeopardy "Yeah, well that's your opinion."  

She played a mean bass for the Crüe

29 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Decides  to discuss Haley's merits as a presidential candidate after her announcement this morning

Visits thread on Surly that has been dormant for weeks prior to Haley's announcement, and discovers that many here have an unfavorable opinion of Haley and most discount her chances vs a certain fat orange fucktard. 

Option A: Link to announcement and resurrect topic with commentary about the current political landscape including GOP developments that could provide a path to victory in the primary season. 

Options B: Pack a metric ton of sand into your vag while crying like a bitch about how difficult life is for a patriot on Surly. 

Which choice will he make.....thats a tough one to predict.

Lachlan Murdoch Reaction GIF by Murdoch Mysteries

On 1/20/2023 at 8:50 PM, Gatorubet said:

you need to turn off the computer, stay away from CNN and MsNBC

Actual quote above is from @realgreggym.

I'm not going to refute the lies, distortions, and rationalizations that have become rote for you. It's the above bit that interests me.

You say do not consult varied sources for information particularly CNN and MSNBC. You even urge people to turn off their computers. What might this reveal about you?

You're only left with FOX and anti-Lib radio. You adhere to this narrow source of information (such as it is) and opinion (invective) only to come here and suggest that anyone who doesn't believe as you do is brainwashed.

I know you are argument-proof and blind to irony. I can also surmise that you're not an idiot and probably a decent person. All of this together is so very puzzling and alarming.

Without some form of rational discourse, republics cannot exist as democratic. For discourse to work, a citizen must be able to give their best, unprejudiced consideration of issues. Boilerplate nonsense isn't discourse.

You will be the death of this republic. You support fascists who tried to overthrow an election. You'll probably feel saved if/when the overthrow succeeds. You will do this by declaring, without irony, that you and people like you saved the republic from illusory enemies.

Lastly, you're garden-variety. Common as nutgrass in Texas. Your ordinariness makes outrage pointless. Way to go.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You're only left with FOX and anti-Lib radio. You adhere to this narrow source of information (such as it is) and opinion (invective) only to come here and suggest that anyone who doesn't believe as you do is brainwashed.

You forgot about the real echo-chamber-of-bullshit - Facebook.

People that live in a FNC/Facebook cocoon of BS are shocked when I push back on their hot takes.  It's like they really never come into contact with anyone who doesn't agree with them on everything.  They come in the Surl cloakroom and have to handwave it away as a cabal of leftist thought.  It's a real shock to the system for garden-variety trumpaloos.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Just a small point of order that’s actually important: FOX and AM radio are not “sources of information.” They’re social media platforms for the exact kind of invective you described. But to even call them “sources of information” for current affairs is as accurate as saying you can learn everything you need to learn about the Civil War just by reading the plaques on all the confederate statues (something a lot of southern right wingers do believe but will never allow themselves to get caught saying it out loud). If FNC/AM radio is all one consumes, one does not know nearly enough.

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You will be the death of this republic. You support fascists who tried to overthrow an election. You'll probably feel saved if/when the overthrow succeeds. You will do this by declaring, without irony, that you and people like you saved the republic from illusory enemies.

To me, this is the most embarrassing thing: that people honestly believe that they themselves benefit from all this Trumpist falderal. They can be talked into anything, up to and including outright fascism. They can also be talked out of anything like alleviating their own plight. But once again, this is what happens when people can’t help themselves but to feed their tribalist instincts (which are about as useful as an asshole on an elbow), and convince themselves that politics is a we/they team sport where the most important decision is choosing a red or blue hat.

You’ll hear a lot of them say “I don’t view politics as a team sport.” Yeah, that’s about as honest as when Ray Comfort claimed he detested religion. It’s the exact same lie, and I wouldn’t trust anyone who said that shit even if their tongue was notarized.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

It's like they really never come into contact with anyone who doesn't agree with them on everything.

That and the arguments they actually do come into contact with are not the ghastly straw men at which their favorite characters on radio or TV taught them to hack. It’s a pretty big shock…kinda like if you study for years to take an algebra test only to discover minutes before it begins that it’s actually a geography test.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

People that live in a FNC/Facebook cocoon of BS are shocked when I push back on their hot takes.  It's like they really never come into contact with anyone who doesn't agree with them on everything. 

Like people who will drop in a hot take randomly like "Yeah kind of like how Biden wants to destroy religion" out of nowhere. ("Um we were talking about basketball.") And present this hottest of takes as if it is a proven fact upon which we all agree. 

30 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

You forgot about the real echo-chamber-of-bullshit - Facebook.

People that live in a FNC/Facebook cocoon of BS are shocked when I push back on their hot takes.  It's like they really never come into contact with anyone who doesn't agree with them on everything.  They come in the Surl cloakroom and have to handwave it away as a cabal of leftist thought.  It's a real shock to the system for garden-variety trumpaloos.  

If I remember correctly, greggym is friends with Icono. That's really all you need to know about him.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Like people who will drop in a hot take randomly like "Yeah kind of like how Biden wants to destroy religion" out of nowhere. ("Um we were talking about basketball.") And present this hottest of takes as if it is a proven fact upon which we all agree. 

Exactly.  I'm a white dude with a scraggly beard and live in East Texas - random people feel comfortable assuming I'll just agree with whatever inane BS they spew.

"No, I don't really know how much more expensive eggs are right now.  My wife does the shopping and I'm pretty sure the increase is not even a rounding error in my monthly food spend." 

"Btw, we're at a 7th grade b-team basketball game, where did the egg talk come from?"

• Rage+1 4

On 1/21/2023 at 7:48 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Some moron who couldn’t see what was obvious to everyone else in the world, apparently. That Trump was totally getting played by Kim. Kim achieved a huge propaganda victory, his nuclear program rolls along unabated, and all Trump got out of it were some flattering letters that stroked his fragile, narcissistic ego.

And then, instead of turning those letters over to the National Archives where they belong, Trump absconded with them to Mar-a-Lago. Although for that I can hardly blame him. I wouldn’t want to leave the public record behind for future generations to see what a pathetic, easily manipulated amateur I was as President either. 

Plus he needed something to stroke his mushroom headed shrimp dick to.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

You do realize there are Oklahoma State message boards where you can spout this horseshit on, right? 

Haley is the same hypocritical republican as the rest of them. She’s not any different. Discussion complete. 

Next topic. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On an unrelated note, it's always very funny to encounter the type of "normal" Republican who will inevitably end up voting for Trump over even the furthest-right Democrat but would prefer someone who will do all of the exact same shit but not loudly say the hard R so they end up like "hey why doesn't everyone love Carly Fiorina?!" Nobody gives a shit about Carly Fiorina, man. 

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

She sucks way less than Trump and Desantis which means she won't make it through the primaries.

As has been noted, at one time, she sucked less than Trump and DeSantis.  But she has bent the knee and gobbled the crank.  She can't be trusted to suck less than them.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

On an unrelated note, it's always very funny to encounter the type of "normal" Republican who will inevitably end up voting for Trump over even the furthest-right Democrat but would prefer someone who will do all of the exact same shit but not loudly say the hard R so they end up like "hey why doesn't everyone love Carly Fiorina?!" Nobody gives a shit about Carly Fiorina, man. 

My father still has a Carly sticker on the back of one of his old cars. Smh 😔

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

GOP will freak out when they find out she's not white.

Or they’ll put that fact and the fact that she has affairs together and come up with a favorable opinion just like Hank ‘s daddy ( Peter Boyle) in the scene with Hallie Berry in Monster’s Ball.   

I won’t post a link because of the language

18 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Or they’ll put that fact and the fact that she has affairs together and come up with a favorable opinion just like Hank ‘s daddy ( Peter Boyle) in the scene with Hallie Berry in Monster’s Ball.   

I won’t post a link because of the language

Yeah to me it's similar to when super conservatives pretend to like Herman Cain or Ben Carson.  Neither were a preferred candidate but both were perfect as a stand in to say "see we LOVE  minorities."

On 1/21/2023 at 12:03 PM, realgreggym said:

You need to quit watching msnbc. Because biden is an idiot, missiles are flying over Japan all the time. N Korea is far more dangerous today because of your idiot in the WH. And how laughable that you're whining about a couple of letters. Maybe you need to get your head out because your biden has documents scattered all over the place to the point where some in his party want him gone.

But look at the bright side, future generations won't have to go to any archives to see what a village idiot fool biden is. All they will have to do is wake up every morning and see that that bastard turned our county into a third world country. But oooj, letters.

It’s always frustrating seeing so many people who have views that are such a distortion of reality, like you’ve expressed here. I know you’re old, so am I. Not as old as you but still getting up there in age. And I’m not Democrat  

So many old people like you have views that are a complete disconnect from reality. It comes from being duped by endless propaganda. It happens to Democrats too, but in a different way and probably not as extreme. 

You expressed views five years ago in this thread that have proven to be completely wrong. It amazes me that people hold on to their views no matter the evidence to the contrary.  Hell, during the Trump campaign and primaries I thought Trump might actually be decent. That’s obviously a laughably stupid view I held, but I was at least man enough to admit I was wrong and had been duped by all of his bs.  You and others like you are either unbelievably dumb, have been brainwashed, or are too much of a pussy to admit you were wrong. 

It isn’t too late for you to come out of your Fox News and Rush Limbaugh fog and actually view information objectively. There are a lot of policies and views by Democrats that are flat out wrong, and disturbing. But to not admit that the Republican Parry and Trump in particular are an absolute train wreck is sad and crazy. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

On 1/21/2023 at 12:03 PM, realgreggym said:

You need to quit watching msnbc. Because biden is an idiot, missiles are flying over Japan all the time. N Korea is far more dangerous today because of your idiot in the WH. And how laughable that you're whining about a couple of letters. Maybe you need to get your head out because your biden has documents scattered all over the place to the point where some in his party want him gone.

But look at the bright side, future generations won't have to go to any archives to see what a village idiot fool biden is. All they will have to do is wake up every morning and see that that bastard turned our county into a third world country. But oooj, letters.

I wonder if a trained professional could differentiate between our boy here and others of his brainwashed tribe of intentionally uninformed and North Korean citizens. 

• Haha 1

It's never a good look to let people know how stupid you truly are.