2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

I always forget about him, but people keep talking him up. They think he's really well-developed from a coordination perspective and leveraging his body in the right way to make plays. I don't know how in the fuck that is known of someone before they've put the pads on, but okay.

Meant to quote the earlier post but do your people think Ewers looks better? The 9.95ers seem to think so but who actually knows until they start scrimmaging.

12 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Rbs look great on the hoof.

in qb/wr only drills, ball never hit the ground. 

team as a whole looks bigger and more put together, already physically built for the sec. 

pads were popping. Energy was electric. 

upperclassman leadership was evident all over. 

coaches were coaching hard. But not too hard. Always ended with positivity. 

feel better now?

eta:  I’ll go ahead and add two future comments for when they get back to it after spring break.

the energy and focus was lacking today in the viewing window, despite coaches imploring the team to do better. Multiple coaches were visibly exasperated. 

(next practice)

the energy level is much improved from yesterday’s lackluster practice. Whatever the coaches said to their charges in the locker room after practice to light a fire under them has worked. 

*apologies if I happened to spell everything correctly, I purposely didn’t proofread. 

Futurama Buy GIF

16 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Two of these are at least defensible takes but the OU thing is impossible to take seriously, and that's coming from someone who probably expects more out of them next year than most on this site. I hope he is just being heavy handed in trying to manage expectations. Otherwise, uh, wow.

I’ve always been a fan of talking up the other team in public but have the team thinking they will destroy them.  Lou Holtz was a master at this.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, stork642 said:

I’ve always been a fan of talking up the other team in public but have the team thinking they will destroy them.  Lou Holtz was a master at this.  

I think it's more likely Lou Holtz was saying the same thing the entire time and people just heard different things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 3/10/2023 at 12:08 PM, closetojumping said:

-Sarkisian is poor-mouthing the schedule, talking up Bama in Tuscaloosa, thinks OU is a 10+ win team, and says that KSU should be considered the chalk pick to win the Big 12 in 2023. He's poor-mouthed every season so far. Unfortunately, in 2021, he was right. No one is convinced of what he's doing with this shit before the upcoming season. Is he sandbagging? Is this just loser talk from a guy that can't get it done? You got me. 

20 Funny Moving GIFs to Animate Your Move

• Haha 8

On 3/10/2023 at 1:13 PM, Magus Ossis said:

I have no inside scoop on Maalik, but I have a couple of thoughts. (1) from a medical standpoint, it is the rare ankle injury that suddenly makes a dramatic improvement this late in the game. (2) Sark's nonverbal cues when discussing Malik were a bit different than when discussing some other guys. He did more talking while looking down and to his left with less upper facial muscle involvement and left-handed gesturing (though Sark is inconsistent with this tell)-- until he came to the topic of competition. When his answer shifted themes, he was back to candid and excited coach instead of cagy answer coach. He didn't look like a guy who expects to see a single actual game snap out of Murphy. Psych is not my field, but there's my take-- hope I'm wrong.

On 3/10/2023 at 8:00 PM, South Austin said:

So you’re telling us that Maalik is dead and Sark is part of a cover up.  Fuck, how am I going to tell my kids about this?

On 3/10/2023 at 8:14 PM, someguy said:

where are people getting the idea that Murphy's injury is related to the high school injury? Is that sourced anywhere?

On 3/10/2023 at 9:13 PM, Nope said:

Sark

Supposedly Murphy reinjured his ankle playing basketball and the coaches are pissed. It's a rumor so TIFWIW. I don't know if it's true, but might explain the haziness about the situation.

1 hour ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Supposedly Murphy reinjured his ankle playing basketball and the coaches are pissed. It's a rumor so TIFWIW. I don't know if it's true, but might explain the haziness about the situation.

And after he hurt himself riding a scooter too, another lightly discouraged activity.

I kind of feel bad for him - plenty of solid committed players ride those (stupid fucking) scooters and play pickup games but he's got to know when to roll that thing up in bubble tape for a few months.

21 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Is it a longer clip than what they posted on Instagram? Because the Baxter clip is a like 2 seconds. 

It’s not long but the Cut gave me Bijan Robinson vibes, like I’ve been hearing 

Baxter clip is at :08
Nice sip of Koolaid, but I gotta ask how long it will be until they're wearing those extra helmet pads on game days? Or rather if it truly does the job, why don't helmet companies make the outer shell at least semi soft?

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

46 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, OB3 said:

Nice sip of Koolaid, but I gotta ask how long it will be until they're wearing those extra helmet pads on game days? Or rather if it truly does the job, why don't helmet companies make the outer shell at least semi soft?

Excuse Me What GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, OB3 said:

They're called guardian caps. The NFL requires them for practices but not regular season games. The NFL has give two reasons for not requiring them during the season (so far). First, is that the foam grip and friction of the pads could increase neck injuries. Instead of helmets sliding off each other, the caps get hung up and can twist the player's head. Seems questionable but worth investigating before you make them mandatory. The second reason is lack of player buy-in. In other words, they players think they look stupid and don't want to wear them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

There is zero reason KSU or OU should win the Big 12 over Texas. Sark has enough talent. Period. I don’t like our eDGE talent depth but it’s good enough given everything else on the team. 

Highly ignorant take. It's eDgE.

11 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Malik Kirk Johnson. The greatest that never was 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, D3zii said:

It was a pretty basic but good cut on an out of control defender. Let's not go getting crazy after one practice.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It was a pretty basic but good cut on an out of control defender. Let's not go getting crazy after one practice.

Shhhhhh he is on a roll.

it’s the off season.

let him keep sucking that burnt orange teet…

Edited by TexasTroll

On 3/11/2023 at 9:31 AM, stork642 said:

“We will win the ballgame,” Johnson said. “And you can put it in three-inch headlines. We will win the ballgame.”

I've always been a fan of fuck the other team.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I get everyone's angst about riding the scooters. That considered, have you ridden these things? They are a ton of fun and very efficient. I know it makes a grown man look like a complete clown, but the allure is powerful, my man.

Literally watched my neighbor shatter his orbital and break his skull clean open after missing a curb cut and going over the handlebars on one of them (he's fine after some very expensive regular and plastic surgery. Never goes clean shaven anymore, though). I'm good.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Literally watched my neighbor shatter his orbital and break his skull clean open after missing a curb cut and going over the handlebars on one of them (he's fine after some very expensive regular and plastic surgery. Never goes clean shaven anymore, though). I'm good.

I was in London one time and in a black cab or uber heading somewhere. The driver was listening to news radio and on comes a story about an influencer based in London who had just died that day riding on a scooter. She had a bunch of followers on social media and was apparently very well liked. That morning, she'd uploaded her thoughts about being excited to record her first-time experience that day on riding a scooter. Apparently she was crushed by a bus crossing a street while recording. Whoops. 

Just don't knock until you've tried it. But yes, I've almost been hit by cars that didn't see like 3-4 times in Austin and on the west coast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I get everyone's angst about riding the scooters. That considered, have you ridden these things? They are a ton of fun and very efficient. I know it makes a grown man look like a complete clown, but the allure is powerful, my man.

I live next to downtown where I live and if I’m just running to grab a bite or a drink I use them a lot.  If you aren’t messing around, don’t go full speed if you can’t tell if it’s a smooth surface and have decent balance they are safe.   Basically don’t be a idiot.  

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I live next to downtown where I live and if I’m just running to grab a bite or a drink I use them a lot.  If you aren’t messing around, don’t go full speed if you can’t tell if it’s a smooth surface and have decent balance they are safe.   Basically don’t be a idiot.  

The current topic is about college students riding scooters, not grown men.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The youths now days are too spoiled. I remember you used to walk 10 miles just to get a burger, fry, and shake combo for a nickel in the freezing cold.

2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Spoiled. Back in my day you were lucky if you had legs and feet.

51 minutes ago, Viper said:

And in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say

And y’all walked 10 miles to and from the bar/ burger joint, 

uphill both ways.

or it just felt like it after consuming all those burgers and beers….

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic