45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

On 5/9/2024 at 12:54 PM, SimonBolivar said:

I'm not so sure. I feel like he could tell you to do something and then you could just pretend you did it and he wouldn't know the difference.

Just tell him you did it when he was resting his eyes.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Just like the "grab 'em by the pussy" audiotape was sure to do 2 weeks before the election in 2016?

Or the "just find me 11,000 votes" tape from Georgia?

Or the J6 insurrection unfolding live on TV for hours?

Trump is the fucking Terminator. He's an indestructible exoskeleton of evil stupidity wrapped in rotting orange flesh, fried food grease, and shit.

It's like that scene in Platoon when Chris realizes Barnes killed Elias and he's trying to get the other grunts to frag him as payback. Rhah reminds everyone that Barnes had been shot six times already and he wasn't dead yet.

"The only thing that can kill Barnes...is Barnes."

Insert Trump.

But, most courtrooms in the United States are not polling booths.  They are, inherently, fact-based fora unlike anything left in the American political arena thanks in large part to Trump.

Cohen is going to get beaten up, almost no question about it.  But, if he and the prosecutors "have receipts," that is, documentary evidence that corroborates his testimony, he may well be shown to be a self-serving liar, who is not lying about this particular set of events and the facts that make them unlawful.

At this point, we're not talking about motions and appeals and lawyer stunts that delay.  We're talking about decisions made about Trump's conduct and future based on facts and evidence, which are Trump kryptonite.  This is why Trump avoids trial in civil cases like the plague and hasn't been faring well in court since leaving office.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 9

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

But, most courtrooms in the United States are not polling booths.  They are, inherently, fact-based fora unlike anything left in the American political arena thanks in large part to Trump.

Not the Supreme Court with their penchant for making rulings on cases concerning situations that never happened.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 5/11/2024 at 12:10 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Gravity Falls Police GIF

That may be the first time I have ever seen a talking head on Fox or that side of the aisle demand or suggest that Trump explain one of his lies. Granted, I don't pay much attention to those outlets.

On 5/10/2024 at 6:10 AM, Underdog said:

Fatwa’d a Patriot, y’all should be ashamed of yourselves… tsk, tsk, tsk. 

George Washington is ROFLing in his grave.

On 5/11/2024 at 6:49 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Cohen is going to get beaten up, almost no question about it.  But, if he and the prosecutors "have receipts," that is, documentary evidence that corroborates his testimony, he may well be shown to be a self-serving liar, who is not lying about this particular set of events and the facts that make them unlawful.

At this point, we're not talking about motions and appeals and lawyer stunts that delay.  We're talking about decisions made about Trump's conduct and future based on facts and evidence, which are Trump kryptonite.  This is why Trump avoids trial in civil cases like the plague and hasn't been faring well in court since leaving office.

He's also up against an entity with the resources to pursue issues to the end and which he cannot intimidate other than by fomenting violence against opponents.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He's also up against an entity with the resources to pursue issues to the end and which he cannot intimidate other than by fomenting violence against opponents.

True.  His two primary weapons are ineffective.  He's still got that delay thing going, though.

• Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

That may be the first time I have ever seen a talking head on Fox or that side of the aisle demand or suggest that Trump explain one of his lies. Granted, I don't pay much attention to those outlets.

I don't think the implication was that Trump was lying. The talking head wanted Trump to say more shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I don't think the implication was that Trump was lying. The talking head wanted Trump to say more shit.

Yes, Fleischer wants Trump to talk shit about the judge's daughter. In his criminal trial. As is customary for all ex-presidents. 

Posted (edited)

Trump and Cohen were POS in renegotiating bills that they thought were too high.

In other words, allow vendors to negotiate "high" prices up front so they will agree to the job, but then refuse to pay that price when invoiced. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Lol at Dotard not having email because of fear of a paper trail. Totally normal. 

But her emails.

If the courtroom reporters are accurately assessing Cohen's testimony, their tone suggests it's incredibly damaging.

image.png.529d0fb3e73d4bbeca2fa6164bf761c1.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Lol at Dotard not having email because of fear of a paper trail. Totally normal. 
But her emails.

That just shows how much smarter he is than her you dumb commie
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, texasdago said:

image.png.bf5046f9dc359150cb906c6aa12abb3b.png

I mean, its the party apparatus...  Goebbels, Himmler, Heydrick, etc. were all lined up and supporting no matter what.  What's the difference?

None.  The difference is "none."  And just like under that prior regime, it's a mix of absolute flunkies (Haba, Tubberville, Eric) and power-hungry sociopaths (JD Vance).  When you hold up the rise of the Trump regime and the rise of the Nazi regime side by side, there's a whole lot of this going on:

eIxbzM.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4