45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

52 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

And the oh so glorious thing is, Trump cannot possibly keep his mouth shut.  Come on, Donnie.  Let us know how you really feel.

"Hey Donnie, you gonna let that librool New York judge talk to you like that?  Gonna let him tell you what you can say and can't say?"

On 4/26/2023 at 11:54 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, this is what happens when Trump goes to court.  It is, ultmately, a fact-based place. where bullshit like his doesn't fly.

Although he's been in tons of civil litigation, he's almost never been in court. Civil litigation mostly happens outside of court, so his tactics still work very well.  

And almost everything important in a criminal case happens in court.

He's in a brave new world.

criminal courts don't have settlements; they have plea deals

12 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Pence is pretty much the top of the heap and the focal point of the conspiracy, as pertains to 1/6.

I think the MAL investigation pretty much crescendoed when Corcoran testified with no privilege, at least as far as obstruction goes.  They still may be trying to sort out whether he did anything nefarious with the classified documents.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, something has him really riled up today, and it ain't the rape case.

11 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Pence's grand jury testimony was today. 

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Ivanka dumped the trump lawyer 

So a good day, eh? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Ivanka dumped the trump lawyer 

If there's one way she's like her dad, she ain't going down for anybody.  I don't know how she feels about her kids/Jared, but she definitely gives off the vibe that her life/lifestyle or brand or whatever is more important than anything else, and anything that threatens that, she'd turn on it in a hearbeat.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

If there's one way she's like her dad, she ain't going down for anybody.  I don't know how she feels about her kids/Jared, but she definitely gives off the vibe that her life/lifestyle or brand or whatever is more important than anything else, and anything that threatens that, she'd turn on it in a hearbeat.

her brothers are too dumb to see the hand writing on the wall. They’re 100% guilty in that case. It shouldn’t be hail time though 

56 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

her brothers are too dumb to see the hand writing on the wall. They’re 100% guilty in that case. It shouldn’t be hail time though 

I honestly think they'd go down for their daddy. And yeah, they don't realize that she didn't swap lawyers for shits and giggles.

Hell, Eric...

Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

Ivanka won't go down for him, and that makes him very sad.

• Drool 1

Ivanka is the only one who has real wealth that is not connected to her father. The other 2 have to keep brown nosing dad or they get little or nothing. Ivanka has no need. Ivanka and Jared might be wealthier than Trump at this point, with the Saudi billions he "manages" and their other assets and businesses. They used Trump, while he was in office, to make hundreds of millions, even though they did not really share his politics, and now they got what they wanted and will kick him to the curb before he can do it to them.  They have been distancing themselves from him since he left office.  Dumb and dumber probably do not realize Daddy will throw them under the bus to save his skin, if necessary. Even if they do, they have to stay loyal since their wealth, status and attention are completely tied to Daddy.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I fear that's not going to lead much of anywhere that gets teh Donald in dutch.  Probably scads of his minions, but I'm thinking probably not him.

What if their are texts/emails/comms showing that the Trump campaign knew that it was all a lie, but then are soliciting the money from thousands of people across all 57 50 states based on that lie?  Would that just apply to his minions, since he would be the one out there as the face of the solicitation?  Seems kind of fraudy.

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I fear that's not going to lead much of anywhere that gets teh Donald in dutch.  Probably scads of his minions, but I'm thinking probably not him.

The article said Kushner was the head of the fund raising. Seems like this could be a way inside Trump's inner circle, targeting the minions for fraud and eliciting cooperation in testimony and providing evidence directly against Trump himself for the documents case or whatever else he has on Trump. Targeting Kushner targets the weakest link in the Trump inner circle. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This will likely end up just another infuriating case of Teflon Don eluding justice.  It doesn't take a particularly sharp memory to recall Trump outright claiming that the election was stolen, and it doesn't take a particularly astute person to understand that he approved the fundraising in his name.

Ah well, nevertheless, there are no dots to connect.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

This will likely end up just another infuriating case of Teflon Don eluding justice.  It doesn't take a particularly sharp memory to recall Trump outright claiming that the election was stolen, and it doesn't take a particularly astute person to understand that he approved the fundraising in his name.

Ah well, nevertheless, there are no dots to connect.

Yes, but Trump spouts shit so endlessly, that it's impossible for the courts to hold him accountable for spouting shit.  

I learned that on Surly.

• Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Hermanator said:

The article said Kushner was the head of the fund raising. Seems like this could be a way inside Trump's inner circle, targeting the minions for fraud and eliciting cooperation in testimony and providing evidence directly against Trump himself for the documents case or whatever else he has on Trump. Targeting Kushner targets the weakest link in the Trump inner circle. 

bring down his entire circle, he doesn’t give a fuck. He’s ready to stab them all in the back to save his ass 

54 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

bring down his entire circle, he doesn’t give a fuck. He’s ready to stab them all in the back to save his ass 

I don't see any way he could. He's the big fish target. He's not getting a plea deal immunity offer to flip on his underlings. They get the offer to flip on him. If Smith has him nailed to the wall with evidence he's screwed barring political shenanigans bullshit. Which of course is a possibility.

18 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Way back when, 1980, we were on our honeymoon touring the various Hawaiian islands, and finished off at Waikiki.  Flush with ourselves, we bought some “art”.  Fast forward 10 years and the wife sees this gallery on 60 minutes, about faking the authenticity of some art pieces.  We contact the US Attorney’s office there, and in a few months we were having an all expense paid trip to Honolulu so I could be a Big Witness in this case. 
I simply testified what they told us, to get us to spend.  Those turned out to be lies, and our sales agent and the Big Boss whose hand we shook got 10 years.  Mail fraud, as we had kept the paperwork.  The headline ran “A New Mexico man…”, which pissed me off, but we were living in Hobbs at the time.  

I only bring up this embarrassing and charming tale to question just why Trumps statements to get money, and the lie behind item, don’t fit this model? Surely the lie is his, his principally, that he compelled his minions to use.  

18 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Way back when, 1980, we were on our honeymoon touring the various Hawaiian islands, and finished off at Waikiki.  Flush with ourselves, we bought some “art”.  Fast forward 10 years and the wife sees this gallery on 60 minutes, about faking the authenticity of some art pieces.  We contact the US Attorney’s office there, and in a few months we were having an all expense paid trip to Honolulu so I could be a Big Witness in this case. 
I simply testified what they told us, to get us to spend.  Those turned out to be lies, and our sales agent and the Big Boss whose hand we shook got 10 years.  Mail fraud, as we had kept the paperwork.  The headline ran “A New Mexico man…”, which pissed me off, but we were living in Hobbs at the time.  

I only bring up this embarrassing and charming tale to question just why Trumps statements to get money, and the lie behind item, don’t fit this model? Surely the lie is his, his principally, that he compelled his minions to use.  

274F8789-28EF-4624-8008-5D6372322DDB.thumb.png.ed3c73ec4736fb8250efa6904b578fea.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Because Trump doesn't do his own fundraising.  Someone else decides what's going to be in the ad and how much they're going to ask for.   

Trump has been so endlessly bleating about stolen and rigged elections, with no supporting evidence, that it will probably be hard to differentiate any one particular bleat from any other bleat, prove that bleat's knowing falsity, and prove that it was intended to induce a specific person to donate money.

Contrast that with sales agent, who specifically and with Big Boss' knowledge, told you certain art they knew was fake was real, priced it accordingly, and took your money.  If you could tie Trump to even one specific transaction, you'd have him, but I rather doubt you can.  I'd be happy to be wrong.

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Trump has been so endlessly bleating about stolen and rigged elections, with no supporting evidence, that it will probably be hard to differentiate any one particular bleat from any other bleat, prove that bleat's knowing falsity, and prove that it was intended to induce a specific person to donate money.

The campaign supposedly hired two firms to find election fraud and came up empty both times.  Election fraud has not been proven by anyone at anytime.  Last I checked it wasn't the other side's responsibility to prove the election was fair but rather dotard's responsibility to show it was fraudulent.  So the first two points are overcome. 

As for the last, the donation requests were sent to specific email addresses.  Are you suggesting the defense will be "Well we just made up a bunch of email addresses and sent out these false claims of election fraud to them for shits and giggles."? 

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Because Trump doesn't do his own fundraising.  Someone else decides what's going to be in the ad and how much they're going to ask for.   

Contrast that with sales agent, who specifically and with Big Boss' knowledge, told you certain art they knew was fake was real, priced it accordingly, and took your money.  If you could tie Trump to even one specific transaction, you'd have him, but I rather doubt you can.  I'd be happy to be wrong.

You do realize this is the exact kind of legal bullshittery that @Captainant has been railing about nonstop, and it's pretty indefensible?  We all get "assumed innocent until proven guilty", etc., but for fuck's sake, at some point the mob boss has to take on some culpability when the entire organization does nothing but his bidding.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Gator - that’s pretty close, how could we know?   

I can’t throw stones.   In the early 80s I flew out to LA for the second game of a rarer than unicorns USC-Florida series.   I was negligently over-served at the game, and my drunk ass bought some stupid Patrick Nagel print at some gallery on the way to my hotel.  I may have been trying to impress some gator chicks at the time. 

9F2FE492-E0B7-43FB-AFC4-49DD77F4B1A9.thumb.jpeg.bce56b4d6da3ae6974d09005063188d1.jpegE90DA853-1ECC-48AE-B624-B153F9A787A3.thumb.png.471cd21444bf5fd915a4d5b143783bac.png

Same-same…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I can’t throw stones.   In the early 80s I flew out to LA for the second game of a rarer than unicorns USC-Florida series.   I was negligently over-served at the game, and my drunk ass bought some stupid Patrick Nagel print at some gallery on the way to my hotel.  I may have been trying to impress some gator chicks at the time. 
9F2FE492-E0B7-43FB-AFC4-49DD77F4B1A9.thumb.jpeg.bce56b4d6da3ae6974d09005063188d1.jpegE90DA853-1ECC-48AE-B624-B153F9A787A3.thumb.png.471cd21444bf5fd915a4d5b143783bac.png
Same-same…

Man, I thought Nagel was some high-art sophisticated shit back in the 80s.

In my defense, it was the 80s.
And I was a dipshit.
And I thought chicks might think it was sophisticated.
Did I mention the dipshit part? I may also have been a dumbass of little style or taste.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Man, I thought Nagel was some high-art sophisticated shit back in the 80s.

In my defense, it was the 80s.
And I was a dipshit.
And I thought chicks might think it was sophisticated.
Did I mention the dipshit part? I may also have been a dumbass of little style or taste.

6AD2C9D7-36D1-4A81-9AA8-56C0C0B17B6A.gif.f68e92c35b85bd03c5131d31adb865f1.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Same-same…

Might wanna hang on to it. His paintings are still going for a lot. Dunno about the prints, and that doesn't look like a limited series. But some Zoomer might pay for it.

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated