45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

16 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I mean, we could easily start an internet rumor that so-and-so is being commissioned by Biden to get Trump because it's now legal.  And MAGA nation would hunt down so-and-so and get that person who is without a security detail.  So basically, just pick somebody who would plausibly have issue with Trump, under the guise of carrying out Biden's orders, whom you want gone.  And it'd seriously be the easiest contract killing in modern history.  There's a hundred easy options here.  It took me well into my 40's 'cause I'm a slow learner.  But it is so fucking easy to have people evacuated, it's not even fair.

You’re forgetting that these people are a bunch of bitchass betas who crumble the second someone pushes back. See the Jan 6 “revolutionaries” who started crying when maced and who fled like a bunch of cockroaches the second that Babitt bitch got plugged. See also the sad panda boys crying like bitches begging for leniency when haled into court. The worst they were able to muster was hitting an old man with a hammer, and he fucking lived through it, bunch of weak wristed tiny dicked wannabes.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

Which, as much as listening to Trump incriminate himself would have been, is the right decision under the law and the rules.
Donald Trump is not on trial - his business enterprise entity is. Non-person entities can only appear through counsel. Closing arguments can only be made by counsel. Trump wants to “testify,” which would be improper in the argument phase, and he already declined the opportunity to testify under oath, where he would be subject to cross examination.
Trump doesn’t care about any rules, and doesn’t follow any rules. Which is exactly what he can and will be buttfucked. Fuck him. Time to pay the piper.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

He got exactly what he wanted. He never wanted to speak. He wanted to be able to claim he'd been denied his right of free speech by a democratic judge, and to fundraise on it. 

Yep.  That was absolutely the play.

He is in asshole manipulating a mass of idiots, it has worked so far and will continue to work.  He is king of the stupids, and he earned that crown.

Yep, this all plays brilliantly into his victimization narrative.  Again, for such a strong, alpha male there to drain the swamp on behalf of the working man...he sure fixes it so he's a constantly objectified cunt.  

But give him credit.  He absolutely saw a lane nobody else did.  He projects strength by being a massive, gaping pussy and they have to take a number to get into a queue to line up to throw money they don't have at him.  What we think he lacks in business proclivity is just real estate and gaming.  And he more than makes up for it in grifting.  His bankruptcy workout wasn't to renegotiate with lenders, restructure debt, or sell off assets.  It was to become President of the United States.  That's a miracle that will be studied for centuries.  The Ultimate Confidence Man.  We will never see anything like him in our lifetimes again.  For better, or worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Yeah no shit. No judge would allow a defendant who is represented by multiple attorneys get a chance to speak freely (not under oath) in front of the jury at closing. It shows zero client control that the request was made to the judge at all. The likelihood of a mistrial is simply too high among other circus related concerns 

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He got exactly what he wanted. He never wanted to speak. He wanted to be able to claim he'd been denied his right of free speech by a democratic judge, and to fundraise on it. 

Completely disagree. He’s not a mastermind. He just was angrily telling his attorneys what they should say in closing and when he was told “we can’t do that” he threw a fit and tried to do closing himself 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Completely disagree. He’s not a mastermind. He just was angrily telling his attorneys what they should say in closing and when he was told “we can’t do that” he threw a fit and tried to do closing himself 

I tend towards this. Dotard s Razor, the stupidest option is usually it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

1.) I didn't say this was mastermind shit. I don't consider it mastermind shit. You're giving way to much credit there.
2.) There was obviously a meeting with the judge to set pre-conditions. So the attorneys and Trump clearly got that far, which isn't a "temper tantrum" thing. It's either a calcuated feint or a genuine desire to speak. 

It's not like this happened sponteneously in the court room, there was a multiple day lead up. He did it on purpose. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Which, as much as listening to Trump incriminate himself would have been, is the right decision under the law and the rules.
Donald Trump is not on trial - his business enterprise entity is. Non-person entities can only appear through counsel. Closing arguments can only be made by counsel. Trump wants to “testify,” which would be improper in the argument phase, and he already declined the opportunity to testify under oath, where he would be subject to cross examination.
Trump doesn’t care about any rules, and doesn’t follow any rules. Which is exactly what he can and will be buttfucked. Fuck him. Time to pay the piper.

Ackshually, he is a defendant in his individual capacity. 

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ackshually, he is a defendant in his individual capacity. 

Yep, I see that.  My bad.

Of course, the reason for the ruling is actually perfectly Trump (nevermind that he's represented by counsel, so a party's counsel is the one to give closing arguments):

Donald Trump won't make his own closing argument in his New York civil business fraud trial after his lawyers objected to the judge's insistence that the former president would stick to “relevant” matters.

So....when the judge said "cool, you can give a closing argument, but like for everyone else, you can only present argument about matters relevant to the case at hand," Trump said "Fuck that, I want to give a long and rambling speech about how I'm more persecuted than Jesus was when the windmills gave him cancer ree ree ree and also Hunter Biden Burisma, like never before!"

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

remarkably frank, accurate, and eloquent summations coming out of some congresspersons today.

It gruntles me that there are still some intelligent, eloquent people in DC.  Not many, but some.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

remarkably frank, accurate, and eloquent summations coming out of some congresspersons today.

Raskin is just so divisive and destroying decorum.  Both the dems and pubs are equally unable to govern!

#BothSides  #SurlyNaderVoters 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

I wonder how hard it is for people like Raskin to not scream that at every R they see the last eight years. "You have given your party over to a conman who is pretending to be a republican, and who just wants to take people's money."

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I wonder how hard it is for people like Raskin to not scream that at every R they see the last eight years. "You have given your party over to a conman who is pretending to be a republican, and who just wants to take people's money."

Republican House members, "But Raskin, this is an Arby's."  

I know most of this forum thinks every single Republican is a criminal asshole of the lowest order.  But some of them are just along for the grift, some are along because they can't afford to lose the newly discovered maga voting bloc, some just tune it out and do the traditional stay in power to gain leverage down the road regardless of Trump or no Trump.  But then there really are some bizarre loyalists who really are in the cult.  It's just weird to watch unfold.  We all have friends and family and coworkers who were perfectly normal before November of 2016, and now you look at them like a teenager looks at a rotary telephone like, "How in the fuck are you how you are?"  

But again, it's why only Trump could have pulled this off.  Anybody slightly more intelligent or slightly more self-aware or with a dash more spine wouldn't have been able to pull off the ruse.  The dumber and more criminal he behaves, the more they love him and shower him with cash.  But because his baseline started where it did, that's how it all works.  Had he begun from any point higher or lower, the confidence scam would have revealed too unsavory for even the most hate-filled morons.  He walked a tightrope nobody even knew was there.  

4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

This was pretty bad ass. 

I love that woman. Saw her speaking at Edie Bernice's memorial the other night. She's amazing.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Yep, this all plays brilliantly into his victimization narrative.  Again, for such a strong, alpha male there to drain the swamp on behalf of the working man...he sure fixes it so he's a constantly objectified cunt.  

But give him credit.  He absolutely saw a lane nobody else did.  He projects strength by being a massive, gaping pussy and they have to take a number to get into a queue to line up to throw money they don't have at him.  What we think he lacks in business proclivity is just real estate and gaming.  And he more than makes up for it in grifting.  His bankruptcy workout wasn't to renegotiate with lenders, restructure debt, or sell off assets.  It was to become President of the United States.  That's a miracle that will be studied for centuries.  The Ultimate Confidence Man.  We will never see anything like him in our lifetimes again.  For better, or worse.

If we're not careful, we might see it again this November.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

1.) I didn't say this was mastermind shit. I don't consider it mastermind shit. You're giving way to much credit there.
2.) There was obviously a meeting with the judge to set pre-conditions. So the attorneys and Trump clearly got that far, which isn't a "temper tantrum" thing. It's either a calcuated feint or a genuine desire to speak. 

It's not like this happened sponteneously in the court room, there was a multiple day lead up. He did it on purpose. 

Engoron's pre-conditions:

“Thus, in my sole discretion, I will consent to let Mr. Trump make a closing argument if, and only if, through counsel by 1/9/2024, and by himself, personally, on the record, just before he speaks, he agrees to limit his subjects to what is permissible in a counsel’s closing argument, that is, commentary on the relevant, material facts that are in evidence, and application of the relevant law to those facts,” Engoron wrote in an email last week.

“He may not seek to introduce new evidence. He may not ‘testify.’ He may not comment on irrelevant matters,” Engoron wrote. “In particular, and without limitation, he may not deliver a campaign speech, and he may not impugn myself, my staff, plaintiff, plaintiff’s staff, or the New York State Court System, none of which is relevant to this case, and all of which, except commenting on my staff, can be done, and is being done, in other forums.”

50 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Raskin wants a piece too.

Jamie's a stud too.

• Like 2

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=_PLUS_cASZsP0hNiBQOHYbw_PLUS_TPQ==&system=prod

The email exchange between Trump's attorneys and the Judge regarding his decision to testify.  Just when you think the simulation is all out of ideas, they come up with this!

Justice Engoron This is very unfair, your Honor. You are not allowing President Trump, who has been wrongfully demeaned and belittled by an out of control, politically motivated Attorney General, to speak about the things that must be spoken about.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Republican House members, "But Raskin, this is an Arby's."  

I know most of this forum thinks every single Republican is a criminal asshole of the lowest order.  But some of them are just along for the grift, some are along because they can't afford to lose the newly discovered maga voting bloc, some just tune it out and do the traditional stay in power to gain leverage down the road regardless of Trump or no Trump.  But then there really are some bizarre loyalists who really are in the cult.  It's just weird to watch unfold.  We all have friends and family and coworkers who were perfectly normal before November of 2016, and now you look at them like a teenager looks at a rotary telephone like, "How in the fuck are you how you are?"  

But again, it's why only Trump could have pulled this off.  Anybody slightly more intelligent or slightly more self-aware or with a dash more spine wouldn't have been able to pull off the ruse.  The dumber and more criminal he behaves, the more they love him and shower him with cash.  But because his baseline started where it did, that's how it all works.  Had he begun from any point higher or lower, the confidence scam would have revealed too unsavory for even the most hate-filled morons.  He walked a tightrope nobody even knew was there.  

That's just being specific as to why they are criminals and assholes of the lowest order.

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, Foosters said:

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=_PLUS_cASZsP0hNiBQOHYbw_PLUS_TPQ==&system=prod

The email exchange between Trump's attorneys and the Judge regarding his decision to testify.  Just when you think the simulation is all out of ideas, they come up with this!

lol which brainiac attorney authored that? First of all - “justice”? Second, I’ve been a trial attorney for a lot of years and never told a judge, especially in writing, “come on. You’re being unfair”

Edited by Pig Bellmont
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

lol which brainiac attorney authored that? First of all - “justice”? Second, I’ve been a trial for a lot of years and never told a judge, especially in writing, “come on. You’re being unfair”

This is next

f9870b96-aa09-4d43-a07c-d9e3a88cae77_tex

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Dotard's attorneys let him use their email?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Steer clear. She'd break you. She'd break us all.

I'd reply, "I can fix her," but there's nothing to fix. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Bingo.  "Screwed to death by a smart, beautiful woman" is one helluva line for an obituary.  Sign me up.

Although let it read, "Death By Snu-Snu."

• Drool 3

16 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

lol which brainiac attorney authored that? First of all - “justice”? Second, I’ve been a trial attorney for a lot of years and never told a judge, especially in writing, “come on. You’re being unfair”

Justice is the title of judges on NY's Superior Court.  Engoron signs every email "Justice Engoron."

But yeah, the "unfair" part is hilarious.  Also, Trump must speak on matters that "must be spoken on."  

By most accounts, Kise is a serious lawyer, but he is beclowning himself here.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

By most accounts, Kise is a serious lawyer, but he is beclowning himself here.

....thus refuting "most accounts."  You are what you do, and most importantly, you are the most recent thing you did.

Kise is a pathetic simp clown.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Also, who the fuck is “President Trump?”. 

• Hook 'Em 6

You are not allowing President Trump, who has been wrongfully demeaned and belittled by an out of control, politically motivated Attorney General, to speak about the things that must be spoken about.

This is the type of stuff you would normally read in a pro se  brief from a sovereign citizen

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1