45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

56 minutes ago, Js1 said:

McCain’s campaign spent a ton of money on clothes and styling for Palin bc she looked and dressed like a backwoods hick

As I recall, she demanded extravagant budgets for all of that herself. She had been a TV personality, so she couldn't have been too ignorant of style.

I think I read in Vanity Fair years ago that her demands for clothing and other things cost way more than the campaign wanted to put up. She rocked a nice blouse and skirt.

image.png.3a8d1e0dc6cfadcfcdbf12176f120ac2.png

17 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Must suck to be a "billionaire" and never go fucking anywhere.  Hell, the one thing I would definitely do if I were independently wealthy is travel the damned world.  I sure as hell wouldn't be in godforbidden Florida. 

He's such an asshole that he'll only travel someplace if he can stay in one of his own hotels.  Gets to charge the Secret Service to protect him in his own digs.

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

I’m confused by the see you Tuesday thing. What does that mean?

Yeah took me a minute too, probably because we're not miserable shitty humans.   Also, if you're going to insult someone, just say it clearly like a fucking man.

Every accusation is a confession

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

18 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Must suck to be a "billionaire" and never go fucking anywhere.  Hell, the one thing I would definitely do if I were independently wealthy is travel the damned world.  I sure as hell wouldn't be in godforbidden Florida. 

Hey, he travels. From  godforbidden Florida in the winter,  to goforbidden New Jersey in the summer. 

Also, hard to world travel when you have to be in court every couple of weeks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, locodos said:

Also, if you're going to insult someone, just say it clearly like a fucking man.

It's all about retaining some plausible deniability for the evangelicals / Fatties of the world.  I mean, everyone fucking knows what they mean with their generic white power symbols, "Let's go, Brandon", "See you next Tuesday" bullshit - they just want to be able to play the victim when someone actually tries to call them out for being the utter pieces of shit that they are.

• Hook 'Em 4

37 minutes ago, locodos said:

Also, if you're going to insult someone, just say it clearly like a fucking man.

Wot? From the party of “Let’s go, Brandon?”

Edited by Gatorubet
nm. did not read til the end
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, locodos said:

Yeah took me a minute too, probably because we're not miserable shitty humans.   Also, if you're going to insult someone, just say it clearly like a fucking man.

Every accusation is a confession

She couldhave responded, "This Was A Treat."  But, she didn't because she isn't a low-life imbecile.

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

It's all about retaining some plausible deniability for the evangelicals / Fatties of the world.  I mean, everyone fucking knows what they mean with their generic white power symbols, "Let's go, Brandon", "See you next Tuesday" bullshit - they just want to be able to play the victim when someone actually tries to call them out for being the utter pieces of shit that they are.

what's the matter, can't take a joke? we were just joking. why are you so serious?

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, dcbc said:

She couldhave responded, "This Was A Treat."  But, she didn't because she isn't a low-life imbecile.

I'd like to envision her channeling "In Bruges" and responding:

"Donald, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a cunt. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

McCain’s campaign spent a ton of money on clothes and styling for Palin bc she looked and dressed like a backwoods hick

Her sense of style and clothing choices didn't change that.  

43 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

"Donald, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a cunt. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids."

Retract that bit about my cunt fuckin kids!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bodhi said:

Or the tried and true gem from Half Baked....

"Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool and fuck you.   I'm out."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, yoladu said:

This. I give money to a PAC and it can be used to pay to pay for lavish lifestyle of the candidate and his spouse? It can be used to pay for the legal fees of a private citizen?

i failed to see where the P in Political Action Committee falls into the above?

This is like a fraudulent Go Fund Me scheme.

I bet you think donations to a church go towards helping the unfortunate in the community and general upkeep of facilities.

• Rage+1 1

How much of a problem is this? https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/02/politics/fani-willis-response/index.html

Washington and AtlantaCNN — 

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis and Nathan Wade, her lead prosecutor on the 2020 election case, both acknowledge in court papers that they have a “personal” relationship but strongly pushed back on claims that she financially benefitted from hiring him.

The filing from Willis, who is spearheading the Georgia criminal case against former President Donald Trump and his allies over efforts to overturn the 2020 election, includes an affidavit from Wade, who says that in 2022 he and Willis “developed a personal relationship in addition to our professional association and friendship.”

Wade denied that his earnings on the case have been “shared with or provided to” Willis.

“The District Attorney received no funds or personal financial gain from my position as Special Prosecutor,” he said.

Willis also said their “personal relationship … has never involved direct or indirect financial benefit to District Attorney Willis.”

Willis filed the response to allegations by one of Trump’s co-defendants of a conflict of interest and improper romantic relationship with Wade.

Willis said in the court filing that the “salacious” allegations do not reach the legal grounds required for her to be disqualified from the Georgia election interference case.

“While the allegations raised in the various motions are salacious and garnered the media attention they were designed to obtain, none provide this Court with any basis upon which to order the relief they seek,” the filing stated.

Willis said that defense attorneys did not reach the legal basis for disqualification, writing that she has no financial or personal conflict of interest that “constitutes a legal basis for disqualification,” and that she “has made no public statements that warrant disqualification or judicial inquiry.”

The motion also defended Wade, saying that the attacks on his qualifications are “factually inaccurate, unsupported, and malicious, in addition to providing no basis whatsoever to dismiss the indictment or disqualify Special Prosecutor Wade.”

“Defendants do not point to any action taken by the District Attorney or any of her staff that has been outside the character of an officer of the law specially charged to oversee either the special purpose grand jury’s investigation or the prosecution of these Defendants,” the motion reads.

“Instead, the motions attempt to cobble together entirely unremarkable circumstances of Special Prosecutor Wade’s appointment with completely irrelevant allegations about his personal family life into a manufactured conflict of interest on the part of the District Attorney. The effort must fail.”

Wade and Willis respond to allegations of improper conduct

The judge overseeing the criminal case had ordered Willis to respond – setting the stage for a February 15 hearing on the matter. Willis, Wade and some of their colleagues could be forced to testify at the hearing after receiving subpoenas this week.

Addressing allegations that the two took vacations together, Willis wrote that the “financial responsibility for personal travel taken is divided roughly evenly between the two, with neither being primarily responsible for expenses of the other, and all expenses paid for with individual personal funds.”

In his affidavit, Wade said: “At times I have made and purchased travel for District Attorney Willis and myself from my personal funds. At other times District Attorney Willis has made and purchased travel for she and I from her personal funds.”

Willis added that “there are no joint or shared finances or financial accounts,” that “there is not now and has never been any shared household,” and that neither Willis nor Wade are financially reliant on the other.

Citing Wade’s affidavit, Willis wrote that “Defendants offer no support for their insistence that the exercise of any prosecutorial discretion (i.e., any charging decision or plea recommendation) in this case was impacted by any personal relationship.”

“Without those additional factors, the existence of a relationship between members of a prosecution team, in and of itself, is simply not a status that entitles a criminal defendant any remedy,” she continued.

In the spring of 2021, Wade was asked by Willis, along with two other attorneys, to assist in the investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

“Lawyers we spoke with about taking on the work expressed hesitation due to concerns related to violent rhetoric and potential safety issues for their families,” Wade said, adding that he initially pushed back when Willis asked him to serve as Special Prosecutor in the 2020 election subversion case.

Willis argues that the February 15 hearing is not necessary and should be canceled.

“Defendants’ failure to support their demands for extreme relief with evidence that would support any remedy makes an evidentiary hearing on this matter unnecessary,” Willis wrote in a court filing Friday responding to the allegations. “The State respectfully asks that, after consideration of the (Nathan) Wade Affidavit and other submitted exhibits, the motions be denied without further spectacle.”

Willis has no plan to step down

CNN previously reported that Willis has no plans to step down from the election subversion case, a decision driven in part over concern that her departure could effectively end the case, as it’s unclear if there’s another prosecutor in Georgia willing to take it on.

While the allegations have become a huge public focus and distraction for Willis’ office, she had not directly addressed the allegations for weeks but did broadly defend Wade and her team.

The alleged affair was first raised by Trump’s co-defendant, former 2020 campaign official Mike Roman, last month in a court filing that accused Willis of financially benefiting when Wade took her on lavish vacations, partly paid for with what he billed her office for work on the case. Willis appointed Wade special prosecutor in 2021.

But there was little direct evidence included in that initial filing seeking her dismissal and for the case to be tossed, an effort Trump has since joined. Since then, credit card statements revealed in Wade’s divorce case show he paid for two plane tickets for Willis to San Francisco and Miami.

Trump and the 14 remaining co-defendants were indicted by Willis last summer. No trial date has been set yet. Willis has asked for a trial date to be scheduled for August.

Four other co-defendants have already pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate with prosecutors to testify.

1 hour ago, Bodhi said:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.ecf5d9b231a972e4f01d8038c0ba45ab.png

I had no knowledge of this juvenile insult. I guess that's because I'm long past being juvenile myself.

Such a small, small person he is.

First time hearing it was when Paul Silas used it in reference to Carlos Boozer moons ago. 

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not a lawyer. It's a real big fucking problem. It's going to taint the entire fucking case. 

I do not doubt this is true but can someone explain why a DA or prosecutor fucking around on their spouse = tainted case?  I got a speeding ticket the other day and I am wondering if I can just hire a detective to show the prosecutor is a cheat and get this case dismissed. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I do not doubt this is true but can someone explain why a DA or prosecutor fucking around on their spouse = tainted case?  I got a speeding ticket the other day and I am wondering if I can just hire a detective to show the prosecutor is a cheat and get this case dismissed. 

The theory I've thrown around is Willis threw hundreds of thousands of dollars in government work/money at this guy, as some kind of contractor (assuming that is true) and then he paid for all of their vacations/hotels/etc. Which looks like she's enriching herself on the money she doled out. 

Im basing my takes off of this article:
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2024/02/fani-willis-stakes-too-high.html

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

As I recall, she demanded extravagant budgets for all of that herself. She had been a TV personality, so she couldn't have been too ignorant of style.

I think I read in Vanity Fair years ago that her demands for clothing and other things cost way more than the campaign wanted to put up. She rocked a nice blouse and skirt.

image.png.3a8d1e0dc6cfadcfcdbf12176f120ac2.png

it wasn't just sarah, it was the whole family.   Todd and the kids got in on it too.  I assume that Bristol skipped on buying panties.

I recall clearly a staffer from the RNC described "a bunch of Wasilla hillbillies, looting Neiman Marcus from coast-to-coast"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yeah, a "Billionaire" with his own 757, security detail, and friendly "hosts" in 100 countries abroad and he chooses to hang out in an over-valued golf club in a shitty part of Florida with a monthly trip to New Jersey.  Commander Dipshit doesn't even go into Manhattan anymore, the place he crowned himself King of.  Hmmm, wonder why that is.  Perhaps we should ask his cult.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I bet you think donations to a church go towards helping the unfortunate in the community and general upkeep of facilities.

and salaries for the clergy and staff, paying  the utilities, outreach programs, travel costs, yes..

but you are saying i should expect my tithing to go to the minister's wife hair stylist for the tune of $100K and to the minister's lawyers in order to juggle his multiple trials?

maybe i am naive, but i dont think that is going on at my church. Apparently you have experienced something different at yours.. Care to elaborate?

4 minutes ago, yoladu said:

and salaries for the clergy and staff, paying  the utilities, outreach programs, travel costs, yes..

but you are saying i should expect my tithing to go to the minister's wife hair stylist for the tune of $100K and to the minister's lawyers in order to juggle his multiple trials?

maybe i am naive, but i dont think that is going on at my church. Apparently you have experienced something different at yours.. Care to elaborate?

94175_v9_ba.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

it wasn't just sarah, it was the whole family.   Todd and the kids got in on it too.  I assume that Bristol skipped on buying panties.
I recall clearly a staffer from the RNC described "a bunch of Wasilla hillbillies, looting Neiman Marcus from coast-to-coast"

She definitely skipped the condoms

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Habba seems unaware that there is no Superstar Pop-Singer Bar that will initiate disciplinary proceedings preventing Tay-Tay from singing again if she gets out of line. 

But then, Habba seems to be unaware of anything having to do with disciplinary proceedings.  This too shall pass.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

In terms of something happening in the form of a court order, not much of a problem at all, I don't think.

In terms of creating an absolute optical shit show side show, it's a fucking catastrophe.  She's a fucking dumbass for doing this.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

DC Circuit needs to quit dragging its ass.

Even if it were to decide promptly, or even last week, there's a number of procedural things that could keep the stay in place, so this was probably an inevitability.

20 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

another misfit toy, shocking.

This reminds me of a story / something I heard from a former colleague.

He worked at Artie McFerrin's chemical company back in the day.

Whooo boy did he have some stories. 

That Aggie practice facility is built using $$$ that could have went to safety, proper engineering, environmental controls, etc.

Everything was cowboy engineered / rigged to save a buck / enrich Artie. 

Anyhow, the hiring practice for the company was to only hire people who HAD a background.

Commit a felony? Have large outstanding debts? Come from a non accredited college? Graduate with a C average? No experience?

These were the qualities Artie would look for. Why? Because he knew that you'd likely not get hired anywhere else, you'd be thankful just to have a job, you weren't smart enough or experienced to realize how f'd up the place was, and you'd likely not jump ship b/c who's going to hire someone like this?

Isn't that fucking crazy?!

Somehow, I feel as if Trump is the same way. He values loyalty over competence and a checkered past means a malleable moral compass.

That is all.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

59 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

This reminds me of a story / something I heard from a former colleague.

He worked at Artie McFerrin's chemical company back in the day.

Whooo boy did he have some stories. 

That Aggie practice facility is built using $$$ that could have went to safety, proper engineering, environmental controls, etc.

Everything was cowboy engineered / rigged to save a buck / enrich Artie. 

Anyhow, the hiring practice for the company was to only hire people who HAD a background.

Commit a felony? Have large outstanding debts? Come from a non accredited college? Graduate with a C average? No experience?

These were the qualities Artie would look for. Why? Because he knew that you'd likely not get hired anywhere else, you'd be thankful just to have a job, you weren't smart enough or experienced to realize how f'd up the place was, and you'd likely not jump ship b/c who's going to hire someone like this?

Isn't that fucking crazy?!

Somehow, I feel as if Trump is the same way. He values loyalty over competence and a checkered past means a malleable moral compass.

That is all.

I had no idea how to rep this post, so I angry faced it.  But, holy shit.  If the above is true it doesn't shock me.  I've been selling EHS software for the last 6 years..I made the move from selling BP&F/Consolidation software.

Because of the SOX in 2002, company officers make sure their financial software is cutting edge, to cover their asses.  EHS software can be a bitch to get closed.  I win head-to-head 75% of the time but my biggest deal risk is "no decision".  Safety takes a back seat and often gets bumped to the back of the line by other projects.  In most instances, companies do the bare minimum for safety and compliance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

In terms of something happening in the form of a court order, not much of a problem at all, I don't think.
In terms of creating an absolute optical shit show side show, it's a fucking catastrophe.  She's a fucking dumbass for doing this.

giphy.gif
  • Haha 1