45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

He took out that prime+5 literally in the middle of that 6 year gulch of record-low rates (3.25 prime).  I know we like to crack wise about he destroys everything he touches, his kids are morons, and he surrounds himself with yes-men.  But holy shit, somebody in that big office building had to have said, "Uh, Mr. Trump.  This may not be the best term sheet available."  But that guy probably did say that and got fired. 

I don't much bankruptcy law, we've done some Multi-Family deals out of bank workout but it's just us and other senior lenders/unsubs, no governmental entities other than maybe a late NNN property tax payment or two.  But I would think if the government can call the shots and only then can senior debt get theirs and if there's anything left over (there won't be), the equity LP's go last (or maybe mezz if there is any).  So if that's the case, never mind the equity balance on them.  The right squeeze, IMO would be some amalgamation of unrealized gains and property taxes.  Which properties appreciated above their cap levels combined with the most property tax liability.  Some blending of those two numbers gives you a punchlist to go for.  Because in addition to the fire-sale pricing, you also get him on the capital gains taxes and property taxes and associated penalties which just adds fuel to the fire.  Yeah, you'll have some lenders and even LP's get pissy and maybe pursue legal recourse on being shafted, but that's a regular Tuesday in New York real estate court.  Equity levels are one thing, but squeezing him on unrealized gains becoming realized plus a property tax kicker.  That's when shit gets fun and gets him stroked out.  

In this simulation, there's a decent chance...he switches Mar-a-Lago over to a charity venue where dying kids can come play a round of golf and get married and he'll stumble downstairs to make an awkward speech.  If it's really worth what he says it is, $1bn.  He could just sell it and be done with this whole thing.  But he knows it's not.  I doubt they go after that early on simply because it would be seen as politically vindictive and it actually doesn't have much unappreciated gains on it.  You start with what I stated above, that's how you get Capone.  

If I'm seeing it right, he took out multiple loans on the same properties, which is probably the reason for the high rates.

He refi'd Doral about 5011 times, and stacked 2nds on DBs 1st, so... Fuckem all for money laundering... They wouldn't let my gray ass stack on $500k. F'em

• Hook 'Em 5

7 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Hopefully he'll suicide by ODing on his pills. 

(I'd rather see him die in prison, but this would be an acceptable alternative.)

I honestly don't care how or where he dies, so long as he dies... soon.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Bitch out there sounding like Miss teen South Carolina “I personally believe that witch hunt such as the Saudi Arabia and Russia…and the demise of our country like the politically motivated…”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

While googling, in an attempt to make a joke about a gold toilet, I came across the fact that Walmart is selling this.

image.thumb.png.7e5ab0caca58947396f5090d1259cf6c.png

Which then lead me to this

image.thumb.png.8e603d0776b27d1aa052777f670d22bc.png

image.thumb.png.d2eed04e872edd3df75e3fdd326567d3.png

And this review

image.png.cd7416b71edc3d12f08c3e08543b1c13.png

blazing-saddles.gif

"All new biglier edition" is fucking fantastic 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bitch out there sounding like Miss teen South Carolina “I personally believe that witch hunt such as the Saudi Arabia and Russia…and the demise of our country like the politically motivated…”
Well, she did say she would rather be hot than smart. She's an old man 8, and an intellectual 3- at least she's playing to her strengths. And with the right audience. Republicans are typically a pretty unattractive group. All apologies to our friends along the Brazos River Valley.
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Do his people even read this shit or just those of us who want to laugh at him

You can't read it because it's unreadable word salad.

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The sentence immediately following “COMPLETE VICTORY” says “most of the claims”

There's a formula for that: 60% of the time x 100% of the time = it works.

7 hours ago, GenXer said:

Am I the only one who’s disappointed that he doesn’t spell “statute” as “statue”? That would’ve been low hanging fruit comedy.

Literally the first thing I looked for.

11 hours ago, Born to Run said:
12 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Well, she did say she would rather be hot than smart. She's an old man 8, and an intellectual 3- at least she's playing to her strengths. And with the right audience. Republicans are typically a pretty unattractive group. All apologies to our friends along the Brazos River Valley.

Agree with all of this, but add that she passed the bar exam in NY, which I understand to be one of the toughest in the country.  

So she's either lacking a moral compass or figures "fuck it, without Trump's money I'm just another low dollar transaction lawyer who will replaced by AI and online law advice."

Edited by Bullneck

Bit of a sidenote here, but I was looking at Texas' supersedeas bond requirements, which I haven't looked at in years, but Texas does limit the bond amount to half of the defendant's net worth.  So, at least some places, "ability to pay" does come into it at this stage of proceedings.

Proving one's net worth would be a bitch, though, and highly embarrassing most likely.

• Hook 'Em 2

Also, I listened to the oral argument in the Sidney Powell appeal.  The bar did not seem particularly convincing on the issue of a trial court having to dig around the record to find the evidence, meaning all the evidence the bar mislabeled and bungled, so that's bad.

On the other hand, on the Georgia federal complaint and its attachments, which I believe were clearly of record, the bar had the upper hand on that providing sufficient evidence of lack of candor with the Georgia court that I think they may have won the day.

Highly speculative on my part.  Decision should be imminent.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Bit of a sidenote here, but I was looking at Texas' supersedeas bond requirements, which I haven't looked at in years, but Texas does limit the bond amount to half of the defendant's net worth.  So, at least some places, "ability to pay" does come into it at this stage of proceedings.

Proving one's net worth would be a bitch, though, and highly embarrassing most likely.

For him that'd be like dividing by zero and showing your work on paper.  

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

... After very careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion that the current US judicial system sucks.

The fatal flaw is that the US judicial branch, like the Executive and Legislative, assumes good faith and general competency.  Whoops. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, C-Man said:

... After very careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion that the current US judicial system sucks.

[Twice]Well what you don't understand is that's just how things are and if you disagree you must want lawless chaos[/Horn]

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

The fatal flaw is that the US judicial branch, like the Executive and Legislative, assumes good faith and general competency.  Whoops. 

Uhhhhhhhh... no, I don't think that's true for any of those three.

The reason I think Cannon is galactically stupid is not limited to the fact that she is bungling the law so badly.

If she wants to throw the case for Trump, this is among the most unwieldy, obvious, and obviously appealable and reversible ways to do it.  And if that is her plan, she apparently is too stupid to realize it.  

All this will do is delay the case.  There are subtler, more discretionary, and unappealable ways to do that.

She hasn't fucked this thing up yet, but if she persists on her current course, she's going to get another public spanking from the 11th Circuit.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

48 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

She hasn't fucked this thing up yet, but if she persists on her current course, she's going to get another public spanking from the 11th Circuit.

Less spanking, more taking away her toy and giving it to someone with a brain. 

• Hook 'Em 4

54 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That's the only goal, man. 

54 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

that's all it takes.  why does she care if its overturned later.

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Seems a little obvious . . . delay the case, and if Trump wins the Oval Office he has the DOJ throw it out.

4e283fdb-49c1-4ead-934e-22017cf8f3a8_tex

I'm gonna go throw up now ...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

4e283fdb-49c1-4ead-934e-22017cf8f3a8_tex

I'm gonna go throw up now ...

That's a really, REALLY big "if" there.

If he doesn't win the presidency, guess what the outcome of all these delays is?

And by delaying these, he's ensuring that the bad news stays in the news up through November.

I'm actually rooting for the delays, here. You have to think about the long game, here, folks.

• Hook 'Em 1