Cash App founder stabbed to death in San Francisco

ztejas

Just now, Steel Shank said:

Town Lake Killer muddying the waters.

That's why we can't catch him.

One guy at APD has a file on the Town Lake Killer, another dude has a file on the Lady Bird Lake Killer, and they just can't make the connection.  And now, it cost some dude in SF his life.  Very sad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

I read the r/SanFransciso subreddit about this killing. Supposedly happened in a very nice part of town. Most people think homeless because in truth the homeless has turned some of SF to absolute shit. Will be interesting to hear details as they are released. 

It's not the Tenderloin but I don't know how many people are out on the street in that area at 230am. There are offices and some restaurants around there. Some lunatic homeless person might have made their way down there from Market St.

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

Paying the homeless every month so they have drug money is working out great for San Francisco.  

Almost as great as repealing the camping ban and letting all of them know they can sleep, shit, piss, drug up where ever the fuck the want.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Here's the DA:

"We do not tolerate these horrific acts of violence in San Francisco," Jenkins said.

Also saw that the combined property and violent crime rate in SF is higher than 98% of the US. Despite the real estate being, the #1 most expensive? 

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Here's the DA:

"We do not tolerate these horrific acts of violence in San Francisco," Jenkins said.

Also saw that the combined property and violent crime rate in SF is higher than 98% of the US. Despite the real estate being, the #1 most expensive? 

Link?

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Link?

Data from 2021 shows that residents there face a 1-in-16 chance each year of being a victim of property or violent crime, according to the Hoover Institution, a policy research think tank, making the city more dangerous than 98% of US cities.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65191466

I don't know how accurate those numbers are - but pretty much any data I can find suggests that the property crime rate especially is insane. 

The murder rate seems to be low. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Data from 2021 shows that residents there face a 1-in-16 chance each year of being a victim of property or violent crime, according to the Hoover Institution, a policy research think tank, making the city more dangerous than 98% of US cities.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65191466

I don't know how accurate those numbers are - but pretty much any data I can find suggests that the property crime rate especially is insane. 

The murder rate seems to be low. 

I think their murder rate is way lower than ours.   Property crime rate is probably pretty high, but frankly I don’t trust Austin’s property crime rates because one, the cops don’t respond so who knows if they record anything, and two, illegals don’t report because they don’t want the attention.  

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

I read the r/SanFransciso subreddit about this killing. Supposedly happened in a very nice part of town. Most people think homeless because in truth the homeless has turned some of SF to absolute shit. Will be interesting to hear details as they are released. 

I wouldn’t call it a nice part of town and there is absolutely the usual sketchy S.F.  shit going on at night, but a homicide is extremely unusual. SF’s violent crime feels very much like Austin’s. 

50 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Impossible.

I was told that crime would go away once we recalled Chesa Boudin.

🙄

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I think their murder rate is way lower than ours.   Property crime rate is probably pretty high, but frankly I don’t trust Austin’s property crime rates because one, the cops don’t respond so who knows if they record anything, and two, illegals don’t report because they don’t want the attention.  

You don’t have to murder to steal or get a fix if you can just walk in Walmart or any store and walkout with things less then $500 and not worry about going to jail…

9 minutes ago, royiv said:

https://hindenburgresearch.com/block/

Interesting timing with the scathing report that Hindenburg Research posted a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty big news and accused Block of a lot of illegal shit.

Nah. He hasn't worked at Square since 2014 according to his LinkedIn.

49 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Hoover Institution is suspect as a source. I think this was a freak tragedy, but it could just as easily have happened in Houston.

I agree but I think they were just sourcing data from somewhere else. 

I mean this was from the SF Chronicle fairly recently.

In September 2022, the San Francisco Chronicle reported that a poll of 1,653 city residents found that over the past five years, 45% of San Francisco residents had been the victim of theft and 24% had been either been threatened with violence or had been the victim of a violent crime.[7]

This story is getting a pretty huge reaction - probably because as bad as some of the crime #s are it typically doesn't manifest as fintech bros getting stabbed outside their apartments - or even as murder in general. 

10 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:
38 minutes ago, Helobious said:
SF sucks. But major lulz at it being 98th percentile in most dangerous US cities or whatever. They hardly ever crack 50 murders in a year. And it’s not like it’s some small town.

San Francisco is one of the best cities in the world, make no mistake.

NYC and SF are historically my two favorite major cities in the US. Prior to COVID, it was SF #1 and NYC #2. For now, it's NYC #1 and SF #??. SF has really struggled to emerge from COVID much more than NYC.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, royiv said:

NYC and SF are historically my two favorite major cities in the US. Prior to COVID, it was SF #1 and NYC #2. For now, it's NYC #1 and SF #??. SF has really struggled to emerge from COVID much more than NYC.

we are never going to recover, what a shithole

41A820E2-347C-42C0-BC80-76EE2B2259AE.thumb.jpeg.00d568bf9ade70d54bee7c0be2147ec7.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

36 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

You don’t have to murder to steal or get a fix if you can just walk in Walmart or any store and walkout with things less then $500 and not worry about going to jail…

Your point escapes me.  People all over our beloved protected state of Texas steal shit constantly. They rob your unlocked cars, steal catalytic converters, steal shit out of your front yards, nobody does shit.   No borders.  Are you telling me that SF is so much more horrible for property crimes?  If so you are living somewhere other than Austin.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, We’reTexas said:

41A820E2-347C-42C0-BC80-76EE2B2259AE.thumb.jpeg.00d568bf9ade70d54bee7c0be2147ec7.jpeg

You're barking up the wrong tree. I've never said it's a shithole. I love the place, but you're a dumbass if you can't acknowledge that SF has struggled more than other major US cities emerging from the after effects of COVID. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

SF seems like it sucks, hopefully everyone starts realizing this and moves away so I can move in 

Nah In order for that to happen, would have to take in like 8 people from SF. Our salary cap can't take that kind of hit. We're going to Franchise tag you.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

You're barking up the wrong tree. I've never said it's a shithole. I love the place, but you're a dumbass if you can't acknowledge that SF has struggled more than other major US cities emerging from the after effects of COVID. 
We are definitely going through a little identity crisis right now. Ill leave it at that for this board. Still, make no mistake. Not many better places to live, and I came here kicking and screaming.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, We’reTexas said:

If you are very rich I’m sure it’s still great because you never see real life….  You don’t walk the streets full of human shit, it’s definitely much worse than it was 20 years ago from my experience.  I use to live north of SF and spent a lot of time there for work and it has definitely gone down hill drastically since.   This is the city that can’t clean itself up but wants to pay a million per person reparations?  While the state is broke?   Non of this makes sense.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This site has it at 4.8k/100k for 2021.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/san-francisco/crime

Updated stats for stuff like this are less easy to find than I would have thought. 

Bottom line is headline crazy stats are easy to find, they are on whatever news feed you watch.  I don’t see any of those top 9 cities in my daily news for outrage.  

4 hours ago, huge said:

I just got back from SF. Was there for the first part of spring break with family.

Riding the bus down Market to the Wharf and I saw someone shoot up with a needle for the first time.

Then at the next bus stop I saw someone smoking off of foil for the first time.

Good times. Love what they’ve done to the place.

Don't visit mesquite, I saw that in 4th grade at the park one day. 

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

23 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Bottom line is headline crazy stats are easy to find, they are on whatever news feed you watch.  I don’t see any of those top 9 cities in my daily news for outrage.  

Okay but we're talking about crime in San Francisco. In a thread about a prominent multi-millionaire getting stabbed to death outside his apartment. I don't think what the property crime in ABQ in 2018 was is particularly relevant. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Okay but we're talking about crime in San Francisco. In a thread about a prominent multi-millionaire getting stabbed to death outside his apartment. I don't think what the property crime in ABQ in 2018 was is particularly relevant. 

You might have a point, I have yet to see any specifics about this stabbing.  Was it a random homeless person stabbing him?  Was it a family member?  Was it Zuckerberg?  Maybe it was posted and I missed it, but otherwise the jump to conclusions mat went from dude got stabbed to San Francisco is a homeless shithole.  There are plenty of homeless shitholes.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1