Cash App founder stabbed to death in San Francisco

ztejas

So the standard talking points are in place from the usual suspects in the press and local politics.  It's always nice when the citizens of a city proclaim that they don't feel safe, and that crime is getting worse, and someone with their own agenda shouts back, "But the stats!".   

Don't worry.  Austin is well on its way toward adopting all of San Francisco's terrible traits and none of its positive ones.  Give it a bit more time.  Just when things get their most ridiculous is when I predict the tech industry will pick up and move somewhere like Salt Lake City to continue its path of destruction.  Then we'll be saddled with failed policies and no jobs.  Awesome!

Say what you will about the fossil fuel industry's actions over the years, dude, but at least they contributed something. Tech has wrought nothing of significant value, but it has made a handful of dweebs and a ton of soulless PE folks really really ridiculously wealthy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

So the standard talking points are in place from the usual suspects in the press and local politics.  It's always nice when the citizens of a city proclaim that they don't feel safe, and that crime is getting worse, and someone with their own agenda shouts back, "But the stats!".   

Don't worry.  Austin is well on its way toward adopting all of San Francisco's terrible traits and none of its positive ones.  Give it a bit more time.  Just when things get their most ridiculous is when I predict the tech industry will pick up and move somewhere like Salt Lake City to continue its path of destruction.  Then we'll be saddled with failed policies and no jobs.  Awesome!

Say what you will about the fossil fuel industry's actions over the years, dude, but at least they contributed something. Tech has wrought nothing of significant value, but it has made a handful of dweebs and a ton of soulless PE folks really really ridiculously wealthy.

Technology has added no value to the world? 
And you’re really going to value people’s feelings and emotions over data and numbers? What happened to “facts don’t care about your feelings?”

Also, does it matter to you or anyone else on your team that this murder involved zero homeless people and two millionaires? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Technology has added no value to the world? 
And you’re really going to value people’s feelings and emotions over data and numbers? What happened to “facts don’t care about your feelings?”

Also, does it matter to you or anyone else on your team that this murder involved zero homeless people and two millionaires? 

lol, you read a lot into what I wrote that wasn't there.  I didn't even mention homeless people, and I'm definitely not on whatever "team" you're talking about.

Statistics are as capricious as feelings, if not more so.  

And no, modern tech of the silicon valley variety has not added significant value when totaled.  It has added a lot of pointless nonsense and funneled much of our nation's treasure into the hands of vultures.  And to make it worse, the financial nonsense involved in making shit businesses look valuable has bled over into legitimate industries in order to milk that sweet sweet cash.  It will end in disaster.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Just got back from Vancouver. Tons of homeless, and since I couldn't open carry and start blasting them, I decided to hide in the hotel room

spacer.png

I’ve seen worse homelessness than most American cities not named SF, Austin or Nashville in Calgary freaking Alberta. Canada has warts too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

And no, modern tech of the silicon valley variety has not added significant value when totaled.  It has added a lot of pointless nonsense and funneled much of our nation's treasure into the hands of vultures.  And to make it worse, the financial nonsense involved in making shit businesses look valuable has bled over into legitimate industries in order to milk that sweet sweet cash.  It will end in disaster.

Hippies got replaced by libertarians with predictable results.

Edited by HenryJames
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So Lee was banging out this guys sister, who is married to a prominent plastic surgeon. Brother stabbed him in the heart over it. This is a far better story than the rando homeless person angle.  

But it doesn’t fit anyone’s narrative so they can score points 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

But it does. The anti-tech-bro and tech startup guys are incels/weirdos/creeps and now killers faction will love it.

? That is not the anti-tech crowd, but you are correct they are running with this for their own narrative. 

Edited by We’reTexas

Let me get this straight…Nima and Lee were in a secret volatile gay romance gone wrong, when a crazy homeless guy told Nima he saw Lee fucking his married sister, causing Nima to become enraged and ultimately killed Lee after a disagreement about how powerful the homeless lobbying element is in San Fran?

image.jpeg.1f4f402f4269a6233a2e9fbd868b689d.jpeg

Someone call Nicole so we can get the real truth here

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6