2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

47 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

This is truly a Trust the Corches situation for me. They've done a good job managing headcases like Agiye thus far. If they think Evan is worth the risk, go for it. If not, I get it

This is the way. The passionate discourse is somewhat entertaining, but I really don't get why Stewart riles people up so much. Sark is responsible for the culture, and I'll opt to trust whatever decision he makes as it relates to whether this guy will/won't be a fit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. I am honest about what we are all doing here. It's okay to be serious. It's an escape from other things in life and it is a hobby. When you create your talent acquisition/roster management lists for baseball or recruiting, you put thought and effort into those things. There is zero harm in that unless you're neglecting your life responsibilities. 

And, I don't take this as seriously as some folks always assume. This is entertainment.

Ha.  Yeah I guess whenever somebody constantly acts like a condescending dickhead I assume they are taking things pretty seriously.  But thanks for clarifying that you’re a condescending dickhead to people because that’s just how you entertain yourself.  Cool.

• Haha 1

Just now, Snake Diggity said:

Ha.  Yeah I guess whenever somebody constantly acts like a condescending dickhead I assume they are taking things pretty seriously.  But thanks for clarifying that you’re a condescending dickhead to people because that’s just how you entertain yourself.  Cool.

If I'm hurting your feelings, you can just put me on ignore and move on. And, you're welcome.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

You missed the part on young WRs (Cook, Niblett, and Moore).  

Also, there are positives with having a tight WR rotation. 

totally fair on the young guys - but Niblett was never going to see much of the field this year

yeah, there are positives about Texas having like their best WR room in almost 2 decades

positives like:

Spoiler

dm_231203_CFP_top_six_rankings-858x483.j

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Well, at least he's not mincing words.

Hank South, Horns 247, on Trey Moore.

image.thumb.png.eb9d552d4a9484076017f1db9c5555ed.png

I don't pay much attention to any of the $9.95ers, but I would much rather get the "to the point" truth about recruits and the team like this.

We don't need aggy-style confirmation bias or outright propaganda. The truth has certainly been brutal for most of the last 15 years and if anything, I have viewed our program in a more negative light than was necessary. Glad we seem to be turning a corner.

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don't pay much attention to any of the $9.95ers, but I would much rather get the "to the point" truth about recruits and the team like this.

We don't need aggy-style confirmation bias or outright propaganda. The truth has certainly been brutal for most of the last 15 years and if anything, I have viewed our program in a more negative light than was necessary. Glad we seem to be turning a corner.

Sure but stringing people along is how they keep subscribers engaged and allow them to keep writing articles they know are bullshit. Blame the audience for falling for it.

23 minutes ago, NoName said:

totally fair on the young guys - but Niblett was never going to see much of the field this year

yeah, there are positives about Texas having like their best WR room in almost 2 decades

positives like:

Hide contents

dm_231203_CFP_top_six_rankings-858x483.j

I don’t know what you are trying to argue.   I’m saying if you don’t give your young  WRs experience, then you have to depend on portal transfers.  It’s not a bad strategy. 

10 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

With how much of a mess Stewart is, could I possibly ask for him to not get any deal he really likes to leave and decide to go back to aggy for one more go, just to finish his goal of toxify the locker room and destroying the WR room as he walks off in game 6

E Stew is closer to being undrafted than he is going in the 1st round. He has to get his shit together and show some production or his career is going nowhere. What he needs is discipline and positive influences and he clearly got 0 of that in Jimbos renegade program. You have to be Tyreek Hill for teams to ignore all the red flags and even he didn't go until the 5th round

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

This is truly a Trust the Corches situation for me. They've done a good job managing headcases like Agiye thus far. If they think Evan is worth the risk, go for it. If not, I get it

I agree. Plus, if our culture is truly as good as it’s being made out to be, then i trust that it can police itself. One thing that I do know is that A&M had a bad culture and Jimbo has a history of not caring about his players off the field as much as he cared about their performance on the field. So, if Sark thinks the kid is redeemable and worthy of a chance here then I will trust him and root for the kids success. Ultimately, it could end up saving the kids life, and that makes it all worth it to me. And if Sark decides to punt on it, then I understand and support it 100%. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Sure but stringing people along is how they keep subscribers engaged and allow them to keep writing articles they know are bullshit. Blame the audience for falling for it.

Mel Brooks Morons GIF

4 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Was it Bisontits that got a 0.0 grade from PFF in one of his games?

time house GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

E Stew is closer to being undrafted than he is going in the 1st round. He has to get his shit together and show some production or his career is going nowhere. What he needs is discipline and positive influences and he clearly got 0 of that in Jimbos renegade program. You have to be Tyreek Hill for teams to ignore all the red flags and even he didn't go until the 5th round

Blowing his one chance at millions of dollars in career earnings because he's got all of these people in his ear who are just using him.  Million dollar talent, 10 cent head. How many times have I seen this same story over the last 50 or so years of playing and watching football. 

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Not to pine for aggie trash, but would this be any kind of decent pick up? 

That's interesting. He was okay for them. Would he be an asset for 15-20 snaps? Seems like it. 

I assume he's already earmarked for Syracuse, nonetheless.

Man, that depth chart is getting uglier and uglier.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That's interesting. He was okay for them. Would he be an asset for 15-20 snaps? Seems like it. 

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Yeah, only reason I asked is because we're going to have to replace Sweat and Murphy with a committee, feel like we could get meaningful snaps out of him while he learns from Bo Davis in his contract year.

Looch made it sound like it is indeed Cuse

30 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Blowing his one chance at millions of dollars in career earnings because he's got all of these people in his ear who are just using him.  Million dollar talent, 10 cent head. How many times have I seen this same story over the last 50 or so years of playing and watching football. 

sucky-fivedollar.gif.e11ac6a3fe7e688bb3379876b8cffefd.gif

56 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think their end game is to finally unleash the 12th man on us. They'll be driven to rapturous fury by the dug-up bones of E. King Gill mounted on the sidelines.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.