2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They let go of Frye already?

I thought that was what my dad who is a tOSU donor told me last night. To be honest though, we talked more about cars and New Years and my kids. Plus, I had a drink in my hand so I could have misheard.

12 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

He may be a good fit in a Malzahn offense

He was one of the best QBs in the SEC in 2022 then he had a new OC and no one to throw to and it all went to shit this year. He needed to get out of Arkansas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/31/2023 at 1:48 PM, SydneyCarton said:

No amount of lube will squeeze that fat boy through our academic compliance. Let it go, Indiana. 

college gameday sport GIF

12 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Bobby Burton mentioned [OTF - Coffee and Football - Jan 1] that there might be a way for Houston DL Jamaree Caldwell to be admitted and that Texas is trying to schedule a visit this month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

47 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Bobby Burton mentioned [OTF - Coffee and Football - Jan 1] that there might be a way for Houston DL Jamaree Caldwell to be admitted and that Texas is trying to schedule a visit this month.

34 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

college gameday sport GIF

LOL! I immediately thought about that same Sydney Carlson post & was gonna tag him when I saw the post about Burton saying Caldwell might now be able to get into UT.

• Fuck You 2

36 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

“I’m out this bitch” has to be the funniest way I’ve ever seen someone announcing they’re gone.  One of the greatest football tweets ever imo 

Parody account, but definitely funny. Today’s version:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Teryor said:

No more checks=no more reason to stay in the Station. I'd love to know how those conversations go.

If I’m Tony grimes, I’m sitting through those conversations with a huge smile. Thanks for paying me to sit on the same bench I could have sat on anywhere for free. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

it’d be great if tosu finally took a turn in the barrel for a decade. 

They really haven't had an extended down period since they hired Woody Hayes. They've had rough years from time to time, but their most "traumatic" spell has been John Cooper basically being early 2000s Mack. 

13 minutes ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

They really haven't had an extended down period since they hired Woody Hayes. They've had rough years from time to time, but their most "traumatic" spell has been John Cooper basically being early 2000s Mack. 

It’s more than that. Cooper wasn’t a bad tenure other than not beating Michigan much. He had a very high winning percentage. They’ve had like 12 losing seasons since 1900. It’s the luckiest run of coaching hires in the history of the sport. To say that Ohio State is “due” is absolutely correct, but I’ve come to grips with the notion that they must have cut some sort of institutional deal with the devil and they will simply never have a bad extended period like the rest of the programs in the sport. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.