2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

5 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I did play corner back at Ampipe High. Got a few interference calls, got in a fight with my coach and got kicked off the team, but it all worked out in the end. Was fucking Lea Thompson, too, so that dreary shit town wasn’t all bad. 

Has this Lea Thompson being fucked topic been covered before? Did I miss it somewhere?  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I did play corner back at Ampipe High. Got a few interference calls, got in a fight with my coach and got kicked off the team, but it all worked out in the end. Was fucking Lea Thompson, too, so that dreary shit town wasn’t all bad. 

I played at laidpipe against your mom 

6 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Coach should have moved you to defensive end like Rudy. /ianBoyd

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Ahhh, ok, well... there it is. That's why you fire an AD right after he hired a new head coach.

Crazy that they would resort to hiring the retired softball coach to be the interim AD. He’s a hell of a coach with national team development experience, but still.

7 hours ago, billy_bats said:

Crazy that they would resort to hiring the retired softball coach to be the interim AD. He’s a hell of a coach with national team development experience, but still.

Were Dick Tomey and Lute Olson not available?

/aggy

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Knewk210 said:

I have no idea what Ohio State leadership was thinking in that hiring process? Let’s go pursue AD at the most mismanaged program in the history of college athletics. Maybe CDC’s phone number is a digit off and they misdialed? I can’t explain this nor can anyone else. 

Bjork can say, “But it was at Texas A&M…” that’s comparable to saying, “I was in college. I was experimenting…”

14 minutes ago, Blotto said:

image.png.77e96c42beba7c40943e60f750d657f5.png

Alright, this being Surly, I don't object to this post.

But it does make me want to point out the fact that Dick Tomey had an impact on our upward trajectory in 2004. Sure, Greg Robinson gets a ton of credit but don't forget Tomey's contribution. We started playing tougher, no question about that.

Which leads to the current topic. This past season's Longhorn team was known to be very tough and physical (per sources on opposing coaching staffs). Who gets credit for this? I hope it wasn't mostly Davis and Choate. If so, I think that's one of the most important elements of replacing our DL coach, perhaps more important than plus recruiting ability. I think the comments on this thread suggest Rod Wright has IT. If memory serves, he was one very large piece of the 4th and 2 stop of LenDale White. If I'm on the DL, I'd listen to Rod Wright.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

Guys seriously gotta get back on topic. I know news is sparse for now but stop bumping this thread for the fuck of it. At least posit something or ask a damn question. 

91fc31a2-63ff-4142-abfe-bc99be7e679c_tex

Also, lately the function to paste a gif seems to have stopped working for me. I have to copy and paste the gif URL. Otherwise it just pastes as a still image of the gif. 

This is your message board, so this is on topic, right?

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

91fc31a2-63ff-4142-abfe-bc99be7e679c_tex

Also, lately the function to paste a gif seems to have stopped working for me. I have to copy and paste the gif URL. Otherwise it just pastes as a still image of the gif. 

This is your message board, so this is on topic, right?

Depends on the copy source, that’s more a factor of your client than the server. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

BUT IT USED TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had never worked from say Google images search results. It is a client side copy. Paste it into anything else, does it animate? If not it’s the client not the server. GIFs work. 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

But Nahlin said he wasn’t offered right? 

he's well on his way to being the analyst version of Ted Cruz or Helobious where you just take the opposite of what he does/says sports wise to the bank

• Haha 1

Brian Kelly hires 2 OCs who have very limited play calling experience despite having $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to throw around.

evidently, per Zenitz, looking for a TE coach who has play calling experience to help them out.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

I just ran into coach Sark a minute ago in the lobby of the VEA hotel in Newport Beach, CA. 

I know, cool story bro and all that.  No pics.

Told him to fuck them brakes.  

Ravishing Rick, that was rude.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.