2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

3 minutes ago, CaseMcCoyTruther said:

Chip Kelly may be leaving UCLA for an NFL coordinator job (Seahawks according to Twitter rumors). Anybody on the Bruins roster that Texas may want to poach?

USC just hired UCLA’s Defensive Coordinator , so I’m thinking that much of the flow would just head “East on The 10”.

4 minutes ago, CaseMcCoyTruther said:

Chip Kelly may be leaving UCLA for an NFL coordinator job (Seahawks according to Twitter rumors). Anybody on the Bruins roster that Texas may want to poach?

He's not leaving the millions on the table he'll get for simply staying 1 more year and getting fired. 

37 minutes ago, CaseMcCoyTruther said:

DL Jay Toia, 6-3, 325

DL Keanu Williams 6-6, 280

That was their starting DTs, UCLA had a pretty good defense last year. I would start there. They are both Samoans, even better.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

DL Jay Toia, 6-3, 325

That was their starting DTs, UCLA had a pretty good defense last year. I would start there. They are both Samoans, even better.

image.png.11c262ce95fd6c0dbb5f2ac51566f352.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

DL Jay Toia, 6-3, 325

Not all Polynesians are Somoan.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

And not all Pacific Islanders are Polynesian, but they all seem to be good at football.

I can't recall at the moment any Papuans or Fijians that were any good.

Edited by JBJ

PK and Sark must see something that I don't. This dude has done fuck all at the college level and isn't a run stuffer like we need to be replacing. 

I hope I'm wrong though. 
Maybe what we need is already on campus and this big Poly kid gives us good depth? I'm gonna go full aggy "trust the corches" here, but I'd be a lot more confident if this kid was on Bo's radar before he left.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
6 hours ago, TankedBevo said:
PK and Sark must see something that I don't. This dude has done fuck all at the college level and isn't a run stuffer like we need to be replacing. 

I hope I'm wrong though. 

Maybe what we need is already on campus and this big Poly kid gives us good depth? I'm gonna go full aggy "trust the corches" here, but I'd be a lot more confident if this kid was on Bo's radar before he left.

He just entered the portal a few days ago. He'll be a backup next season, even if we don't add anyone else. Not all transfers are starters. The hope is to find someone who can compete for the starting nose spot in the spring.

Edited by TXpride

Savea is a good add given the context of what's needed and available. There's no debating the room needed an upperclassman body - for those shitting on the take, what's the better alternative? I'd have liked to get Caldwell too but between grades/compliance and the Bo Davis departure it didn't come to pass. So it goes.

I assume Texas is done in the portal until spring unless Muhammed wants in. Would be great if he does but even if he goes elsewhere they still put together an excellent portal class. Long way to go but I think this is a legitimate championship contending roster next season and I'm really excited to see how the spring shakes out.

Kool Aid GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

I hope I'm wrong though. 

You watch alot of his film?

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I am finding the angst being ginned up on this board around the DT spot to be both nauseating and perplexing. It's a mix of handwringers who just need something to worry over and a bizarre cadre of imbeciles who seem to be intent on bemoaning the position simply because there are equally talented replacements just sitting there and ready to go behind Sweat and Murphy. "If we don't see an upward trajectory at every vacated spot on the roster, every cycle, then something is wrong."

I assume some of this is driven by the lack of a DL coach, but that isn't all of it. We've already seen elements to the position addressed by Collins coming back, Savea being added, and several of us, who would actually fucking know, saying that there is NIL slotted for spring time DL portal help. Yet the pussyrubbing continues. 

So what I hear you saying is Texas gonna make a big offer to the AZ WR and spin him down to DT. 

4 hours ago, CaseMcCoyTruther said:

So, a guy that makes over 6 million a year is going to take a coordinator job? 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, linux said:

can anyone even name two DT from the same team that won the DPOY and the Lineman of the year on the same year on the same conference?

Casey and Shaun should've

Then there was 2008, that was a pretty good year; Leach really went on about em in his book

Point is, this isn't the first time in (what my old ass considers) recent memory that we've had a godlike pair of DTs

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

DL Jay Toia, 6-3, 325

Jay Toia transferred from USC to UCLA. I doubt that he would transfer back to USC.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.