2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

We just simply can't recruit corners who don't have top end speed anymore. We could get away with that somewhat in the B12, but in the SEC everyone has guys that can fly. It would have been a long and painful season for Brooks if I had to guess followed by discussion on moving him to safety. I also question why he is blowing coverages in year 3 as a multiyear starter. I was a little dubious about him going into next season prior to the spring game. We just need more athleticism in that spot.  

Top 30 WR 40 times by conference

Big 12 - 3, SEC - 6, ACC - 6, Pac-12 - 8, G5 - 2, non-FBS - 2, Big 10 - 3

2 of the Big 12 were Texas of course but then again we won't get burned by Texas receivers other than spring games

New alignments count

SEC - 8, ACC - 6, Big 10 - 8, Big 12 - 3, G5 - 3, non-FBS - 2

Be glad we're not in the Big 10, apparently. And the SEC fluffery is so tired already. No, not everybody in the SEC has guys who can fly unless sub-4.7 is your definition of flying. 

• Hook 'Em 7

From the sudden silence regarding two DTs from Michigan’s national championship team entering the portal, my guess is that…

3 1/2 months was enough time for wealthy Wolverines to finish sucking each other off and come to the realization that they needed to pony up or their DL studs could be gone in late May, only to return for a “One Night Only Encore Performance” in early September.

At least one of those guys was a “Texas will definitely be interested, let’s see if they enter the portal.” about 3-5 times per week from late January up until last Friday. 

Now nothing. 

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Top 30 WR 40 times by conference

Big 12 - 3, SEC - 6, ACC - 6, Pac-12 - 8, G5 - 2, non-FBS - 2, Big 10 - 3

2 of the Big 12 were Texas of course but then again we won't get burned by Texas receivers other than spring games

New alignments count

SEC - 8, ACC - 6, Big 10 - 8, Big 12 - 3, G5 - 3, non-FBS - 2

Be glad we're not in the Big 10, apparently. And the SEC fluffery is so tired already. No, not everybody in the SEC has guys who can fly unless sub-4.7 is your definition of flying. 

I am talking about the teams that matter. Last season Bama (Isaiah Bond), Georgia (Arian Smith), A&M (Evan Stewart), LSU (Brian Thomas Jr.), Ole Miss (Jordan Watkins), Kentucky (Barrion Brown), Auburn (Ja'varius Johnson), and Florida (Jerray Hawkins) all had guys who were upper level NFL fast. Fortunately, Bama's guy now plays for Texas, but now they have Ryan Williams. The point remains, he was going to get beat a bunch if they left him in man.     

Edited by Vertigo

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Agree. Been saying from the start that it was weird Sark hired him for CBs

Probably why our corners play so far off and have bad eyes. He thinks he’s coaching safeties 

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Justin Wells knows less about the program than the most idiotic poster in this forum.

I don't think Texas is going to have to start Barron at CB this year, but if they did, light the cigarettes now because we've already been fucked.

I’m a dumb dumb so keep that in mind when you answer- but serious question…. Is that because you don’t think Barron is a good football player in general or because you don’t think he’s capable of playing CB- and if the latter why isn’t he?  

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m a dumb dumb so keep that in mind when you answer- but serious question…. Is that because you don’t think Barron is a good football player in general or because you don’t think he’s capable of playing CB- and if the latter why isn’t he?  

He’s an excellent NB who will likely be drafted. He’s not a natural CB, irrespective of his delusions otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He’s an excellent NB who will likely be drafted. He’s not a natural CB, irrespective of his delusions otherwise. 

The first sentence was how I think of him. I’m not sure why he couldn’t play a better corner than Brooks but that’s not me arguing that’s exposing my own ignorance. 
but this board is kind and gentle to well intentioned dolts so I figured- why not ask the question?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I swear I saw a chart here somewhere that Van Malone was top 15ish db coach???     I i usually blame the players because very very seldom do the coaches call let the wr run right by you for a 75 yrd td….. but its becoming normal now…… someone bring back the db coach top 25ish cjart

6 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

young people do not like the same thing old people like

I can confirm young people do like hanging out on boats and and at ski towns with sorority girls at Lake Tahoe (and much like our football players and Lake Travis the boosters will make sure they have access to them)

8 hours ago, Bevo said:

45 minutes from Tahoe sounds a lot better than fucking Reno.

Hah, seriously, but my camp counselors growing up were usually UNR (or Chico State) students and they definitely tried to hit the lake most weekends.

• Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hah, seriously, but my camp counselors growing up were usually UNR (or Chico State) students and they definitely tried to hit the lake most weekends.

Quick detour but I would think Chico State kids would go to Lake Oroville. It is basically right next to Chico and while not pretty, it is much warmer than Tahoe. I used to live in the Bay Area and I don't recall seeing many people actually get in the water in Tahoe. A few people would take quick dips while laying out at the beach and a few boaters and paddle boarders would be on the water but mainly the lake seemed pretty open, especially compared to all the Texas lakes.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Quick detour but I would think Chico State kids would go to Lake Oroville. It is basically right next to Chico and while not pretty, it is much warmer than Tahoe. I used to live in the Bay Area and I don't recall seeing many people actually get in the water in Tahoe. A few people would take quick dips while laying out at the beach and a few boaters and paddle boarders would be on the water but mainly the lake seemed pretty open, especially compared to all the Texas lakes.

You are correct, my phrasing was bad. Most of the counselors either went to UNR or Chico. Of the UNR ones, most went to Tahoe on the weekends.

20 hours ago, Texas Flood said:

Deep Louisiana connections and his brothers are well respected in the coaching community.

My favorite fun fact is he didn't play football professionally or collegiately. Can't blame the Brooks family for thinking he's not a great developer.

had no clue on that. what a wild left turn his career took from baseball to football - if i am counting correctly basically went from MILB to football

Joseph began his coaching career in the Louisiana high school ranks, working as an assistant coach at two New Orleans area schools. He worked at Archbishop Shaw from 1999-2002 and at Destrehan High School from 2003-05.

Joseph earned his bachelor’s degree in marketing/business administration from Northwestern State in 1996. He was a baseball standout at the school, and is one of only 12 players in Southland Conference history to earn first-team all-conference honors three straight seasons. Joseph, who was named the 1995 Southland Conference and Louisiana Player of the Year, twice earned Academic All-America honors (1993, 1995). He helped the Demons capture three straight SLC championships and held 10 different school records when his collegiate career ended.

Joseph was a 13th-round Major League Baseball Draft choice of the Chicago Cubs and played four seasons in the minor leagues with the Cubs and San Diego Padres.

Edited by NoName

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves