2024 Texas Baseball

Hookem2147

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

2K8.gif

2 hours ago, Mother mopar said:
12 hours ago, closetojumping said:
I like my banana pudding unordered, and remaining refrigerated for some poor bastard who does enjoy that crap. 

That's borderline communism, Conrad.

Where does one even find banana pudding these days outside of children's elementary school lunches and retirement communities? I know Pappadeaux used to have one that people liked. Outside of that, are you people running around at Cracker Barrel or Golden Corral scooping that stuff up in batches?

I had bananas foster buttercake at Eddie V's and bananas foster at Brennan's recently and those things were outstanding. A good banana cream pie is awesome. Banana Pudding? Dost thou thinketh me a hobo, sirs?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Where does one even find banana pudding these days outside of children's elementary school lunches and retirement communities? I know Pappadeaux used to have one that people liked. Outside of that, are you people running around at Cracker Barrel or Golden Corral scooping that stuff up in batches?

I had bananas foster buttercake at Eddie V's and bananas foster at Brennan's recently and those things were outstanding. A good banana cream pie is awesome. Banana Pudding? Dost thou thinketh me a hobo, sirs?

I feel like most BBQ places serve banana pudding

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

30 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I feel like most BBQ places serve banana pudding

Pinkertons has it and its fantastic

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Jello instant banana cream pudding mix, bananas, milk, and vanilla wafers.  I make a big bowl and eat it while binge watching tv

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BERT said:

'89,'04 and '09 missing from that sign really bothers me. Not enough to ruin my day, but it's bothersome. 

I’ll never get over ‘04. I’ve never seen a team dominate it’s regional, super regional and their side of the CWS bracket like then lose in the championship series. Man, if LeCure didn’t take that liner off the heal, we might’ve taken game 2 with Justin Simmons lined up for game 3. Oh well, 2005 made up for it. Still chaps my ass though. Winning 3 out of 4 from ‘02-‘05 would’ve had a nice ring to it. 

Bout time we went on another run like that. Make it so, Pierce 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’ll never get over ‘04. I’ve never seen a team dominate it’s regional, super regional and their side of the CWS bracket like then lose in the championship series. Man, if LeCure didn’t take that liner off the heal, we might’ve taken game 2 with Justin Simmons lined up for game 3. Oh well, 2005 made up for it. Still chaps my ass though. Winning 3 out of 4 from ‘02-‘05 would’ve had a nice ring to it. 

For some reason, 2006 has always pissed me off.  McCulloch serving up that grand slam to some Stanford chump after being given a 3-0 lead was a suboptimal result. Then losing to NC State...

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

2004 was terrible.  I still remember the look on Curtis Thigpen's face.   It was the absolute last time I ever bet on Texas baseball.  I was convinced we had that series locked.  It hurt.

Atlanta Hartsfield has a soul food place with the best banana pudding I've ever had.   Comes in a clear plastic cup.   Can't remember the exact location of the food court it's in.  It'll just be my secret.
Paschal's in the B concourse. Spent way too much time in that airport past few years.

11 hours ago, Had Enough said:

1989 is the ultimate gut punch. And I largely just followed that team through the AAS.

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

7 hours ago, zlavydra said:

For some reason, 2006 has always pissed me off.  McCulloch serving up that grand slam to some Stanford chump after being given a 3-0 lead was a suboptimal result. Then losing to NC State...

09 was the worst for me. We win that first game and it’s over. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, zlavydra said:

That whole ‘06-‘08 stretch was disappointing. It’s criminal Kyle Russell and Jordan Danks never got a shot at Rosenblatt 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

09 was the worst for me. We win that first game and it’s over. 

Yep. And we had it. That one is by far the worst.

Especially as the media gave us no chance against the mighty LSU tigers (which was weird since we were the #1 national seed) and we failed to prove them wrong.

19 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Jello instant banana cream pudding mix, bananas, milk, and vanilla wafers.  I make a big bowl and eat it while binge watching tv

This....however.......use instant vanilla pudding and....

If you use half the milk the pudding calls for and add a bunch of cool whip to it and a tad of vanilla you will be amazed how much better it is.

Edited by Steamboat1874

9 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Does every thread on this god-forsaken website end up devolving into rehashing previous failures?  That being said, it was 2004 for me.

We are pretty strong on perceived future failures too!

So, the scheduling geek in me likes to break it down into groups of games. To get to 38-40 wins (typically the bar to host), I think we need to do the following:

Midweek games (11-2): Houston Christian, St. Johns, A&M, UIW, Air Force (x2), A&M Corpus, Abilene Christian, Texas State (x2), UTRGV, UTA, Sam Houston State

Non-con series (9-3): San Diego (x3), Cal Poly (x3), LSU, Texas State, Vandy, Washington (x3)

Home conference series (10-5): Baylor, BYU, TCU, Oklahoma State, Kansas

Road conference series (9-6): Texas Tech, Kansas State, Houston, OU, UCF

That gives us 39 wins right there and should do the job.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Does every thread on this god-forsaken website end up devolving into rehashing previous failures? 

No, sometimes we also have to get in our good grudgefucking for former coaches if they are even mildly successful after they left Texas. 

Yeah, cold at the Disch in February.  Same as it ever was.  Who gives a shit.  But the rain does look, at this point, to be an issue.  I bet we're looking at a double-header on one of the dates.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, cold at the Disch in February.  Same as it ever was.  Who gives a shit.  But the rain does look, at this point, to be an issue.  I bet we're looking at a double-header on one of the dates.  

Disch is always cold until the summer. I swear it’s the windiest place on the planet 

9 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

So, the scheduling geek in me likes to break it down into groups of games. To get to 38-40 wins (typically the bar to host), I think we need to do the following:

Midweek games (11-2): Houston Christian, St. Johns, A&M, UIW, Air Force (x2), A&M Corpus, Abilene Christian, Texas State (x2), UTRGV, UTA, Sam Houston State

Non-con series (9-3): San Diego (x3), Cal Poly (x3), LSU, Texas State, Vandy, Washington (x3)

Home conference series (10-5): Baylor, BYU, TCU, Oklahoma State, Kansas

Road conference series (9-6): Texas Tech, Kansas State, Houston, OU, UCF

That gives us 39 wins right there and should do the job.

For some reason it seems much harder when you put it like this. Not seeing much margin. 😬😂

49 minutes ago, Hornmatic said:

For some reason it seems much harder when you put it like this. Not seeing much margin. 😬😂

There isn't.

Gonna need some pitching and freshman fielders to step up and still get production from the vets. Hopefully we are ALL pleasantly surprised by a production like last year. Be ready and play the games hard. Good things will happen. 🤘

4 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Disch is always cold until the summer. I swear it’s the windiest place on the planet 

The swirling winds of the Disch.  70 degree high in Austin for any game before mid-April (shit, sometimes later)?  Better wear a fucking jacket.

• Hook 'Em 1

Pierce was just on another one of those YouTube shows previewing the season

-Said the pitch Witt added was a slider. Again mentioned his velo being a tick down, with him typically sitting 90-92. He was up to 94 as a freshman. 

-Also talked about the new fan area in LF, 'Yeti Yard'. I wondered what they were doing with that space where they had opened the fencing for viewing. Sounds like there will be concessions and a bar out there. He said in general they are looking to expand capacity as we head to the SEC

-When going around the diamond previewing the position players, he had Gasparino and Farmer grouped in with the starting 9. Still sounds like catcher is up in the air.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Pierce was just on another one of those YouTube shows previewing the season

-Said the pitch Witt added was a slider. Again mentioned his velo being a tick down, with him typically sitting 90-92. He was up to 94 as a freshman. 

-Also talked about the new fan area in LF, 'Yeti Yard'. I wondered what they were doing with that space where they had opened the fencing for viewing. Sounds like there will be concessions and a bar out there. He said in general they are looking to expand capacity as we head to the SEC

-When going around the diamond previewing the position players, he had Gasparino and Farmer grouped in with the starting 9. Still sounds like catcher is up in the air.

What YouTube video was it?  Do you have a link?

10 minutes ago, .45s said:

What YouTube video was it?  Do you have a link?

Texas Sports Unfiltered. It is a continuous livestream, so you might have to back up the video quite a bit. It was with Brad Kellner & Bucky Godbolt at around 9:30 this morning.

On 2/7/2024 at 3:15 PM, Fletch said:

*its

*like that,

*heel

*ass,

*'Bout

Sorry, I'm bored this morning.

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Haha 1