Anyone but Trump but then anyone but Biden

it always cracks me up when helobious somehow meanders outside the baseball board on surly and people that never read the baseball get to experience for the first time the clusterfuck of a mind with which he operates...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

So I’m supposed to lie and say I think Biden will win? I don’t. If it comes down to it I’ll begrudgingly vote for Biden like I did in 2020 because I think trump was/will be worse. As a Texas resident it’s not like it matters either way. I just don’t see a path to victory for him, he’s not pulling off Arizona & Georgia again that’s for sure. 

Sydney outlined a lot of stuff I’ve never heard of or don’t know what they mean. That’s not going to sway the average voter at all.

And he does come across as a senile with his stuttering issue and the way he meanders through speeches/interviews. Trump actually does the same thing but he doesn’t have the stuttering problem, so he seems less senile. Even if he might actually be at Biden’s mental capacity level.

So I’m supposed to lie and say 1+1 = 2?

I don't know why anyone would think AZ is going to go Trump. Qari Lake lost the governor's race and Sinema will likely lose her Senate seat to Gallego. Maricopa County continues to shift blue and Pima County has always been a safe blue county. As those two counties go, the rest of statewide races go in Arizona.

I’ll admit, I just “feel” like trump would win. I hadn’t really looked into any numbers until now. Sounds like Biden has maybe done more than I thought. But all of Biden’s accomplishments are irrelevant to my prediction. Maybe 2% of voters has any idea about any of that. 

Some of the data and statistics people have pointed out do make me want to second-guess though. Is Arizona as red as I think it is? Florida and Texas have gone off the deep-end red, but are they both not irrelevant to 2024? Trump won them both in 2020 and still lost. I can’t fathom Georgia going blue again but I couldn’t fathom it the first time either. I definitely have new stuff to think about.

Arizona is a pretty solidly blue state these days. Democrat governor, one Democrat Senator and the other Senator was elected as a Democrat and switched to independent. She will lose her seat to Ruben Gallego, a wildly popular Democrat. 

You can look at downballot races where people are essentially just voting on R vs D and see that at this point AZ is one of the two states in this country that is honest to god just about 50/50. Wisconsin is the other.

It’s silly to think any candidate has it in the bag - but given MAGA is on quite the losing streak there from 2018-22 it’s especially silly to think Trump would be favored over Biden there. It’s pretty clear running MAGA candidates cost Republicans the governorship, SOS, and a Senate seat there over the past couple cycles.

But it’s also not a blue state by any means. A generic GOP nominee would be the Governor right now. It’s a tossup that has maybe the slightest tilt toward the GOP if you really squint, but MAGA candidates turn off the electorate enough to tilt it toward Democrats in their races.

At the national level - the bench isn't great but it's MUCH better than it has been in 25 years. That said, Biden has shown that he's the modern LBJ, and he's run strategic and tactical circles around both the opposition and the anklebiters in his own party. At this moment there's no better or more competent person in American politics to sit in the white house and I'm glad we have him. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That said, Biden has shown that he's the modern LBJ,

I've got my fingers and toes crossed that after reelection, and with no fucks left to give,  we get Biden's vision of the Great Society. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

I've got my fingers and toes crossed that after reelection, and with no fucks left to give,  we get Biden's vision of the Great Society. 

I wouldn’t worry about that. Four more years of divided government is the best case scenario. The GOP is a lock to take back the Senate. Hopefully Democrats take the house back so we’re not just dealing with stupid theatrical “investigations” and Biden vetoing a bunch of unserious GOP bills.

23 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I wouldn’t worry about that. Four more years of divided government is the best case scenario. The GOP is a lock to take back the Senate. Hopefully Democrats take the house back so we’re not just dealing with stupid theatrical “investigations” and Biden vetoing a bunch of unserious GOP bills.

The red wave was supposedly a lock too. Lots of shit can happen in a couple of years

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I didn't say he's done a poor job.  I actually don't think Jimmy Carter did a poor job either but I'd hedge my bets against him as the nominee as well. 

The question is, if the presumptive nominee for some reason wouldn't be able to run, would you be more or less excited by the replacement.  I actually like Kamala more, and she is one of my least favorite alternatives.

Hard to believe I'm a complete outlier on that. 

Do you want to be excited by a candidate, or do you want to make sure Trump does not see the inside of the Oval Office again?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

I think Trump isn't going to be able to run/isn't going to get the nomination.  Either by the current indictment or the one coming from Georgia.  So I'm expecting to get Younkin or Kemp to jump in from the R side and one of those two, Desantis, or Tim Scott will be the R nominee.  

And I think Newsome is basically starting to run without announcing in case something happens to Biden, either physically or if there is something to the alleged recordings of him and Hunter taking bribes.  A good Dem candidate that Sydney didn't mention would be Polis from Colorado.

I was going to mention Polis.  The biggest knock on him is that he's gay.  He's been a fantastic governor for CO and has really governed from the center-left.  He's good for business, he followed the science on Covid.  But he's gay.  Will America vote for a gay President?  Recent events would say no.  Still WAAAAAAAAY too many homophobes and bigots in this country for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I was going to mention Polis.  The biggest knock on him is that he's gay.  He's been a fantastic governor for CO and has really governed from the center-left.  He's good for business, he followed the science on Covid.  But he's gay.  Will America vote for a gay President?  Recent events would say no.  Still WAAAAAAAAY too many homophobes and bigots in this country for that.

Same for a woman President.  Too many misogynists.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

At the national level - the bench isn't great but it's MUCH better than it has been in 25 years. That said, Biden has shown that he's the modern LBJ, and he's run strategic and tactical circles around both the opposition and the anklebiters in his own party. At this moment there's no better or more competent person in American politics to sit in the white house and I'm glad we have him. 

Yes, he’s done a decent job managing his own parties’ left wing, and the opposition. However, his big accomplishments are nowhere near as big as LBJ’s. Of course Biden’s failures have been nowhere near as big as LBJ’s either. 

He’s been a steady hand that has remarkably kept the international community together on Ukraine and inflation. That has been a solid accomplishment. He got the infrastructure bill passed. Solid. The CHIP act is a much bigger deal than people realize because our government is not talking about the hell we are going to face when China invades Taiwan in the next 10 years. 

I don’t think he’s been as successful as many posters here have described. A lot of the other accomplishments listed aren’t as impressive, or not necessarily due to his policy actions. And the first two years of his Presidency when he had Congress, they should have produced more than just the immigration bill. But overall, even though he’s scary old, I’d vote for him again over any Republican I’ve seen so far that’s running. He’s been ok to good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Do you want to be excited by a candidate, or do you want to make sure Trump does not see the inside of the Oval Office again?

If you can't be excited by what Biden is done, you're basically also falling to right wing propaganda. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

Killed the market for N95 masks. Doing what he can to prevent a wider war in Europe. Took a train to Ukraine while wearing shades. America is still paying bills when due.

Dude is quietly driving the bus back to sanity, that’s his biggest accomplishment IMHO.

Sanity?  He has trannies flashing fake tits on the White House front lawn...

Edited by immamac
vacation for slur
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 23

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If you can't be excited by what Biden is done, you're basically also falling to right wing propaganda. 

That is also true.  He's done a fine job as President.  But more importantly, he's by far the best choice to keep Trump out of the White House.

31 minutes ago, safe sex said:

"I can't actually refute any of Biden's positive qualities or achievements...so I guess I'll throw out a bigoted slur against people I find icky"

Animated GIF

And @Proust Bag pos rep'd the use of a slur. 

Edited by royiv

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

Really CHIPS was the only thing I had no idea about. Seems like a good thing but it’s a  niche accomplishment. I don’t know that most people are going to care about increased computer chip production 

Whether they care or not, it is stimulating fairly massive domestic investment in an industry that had been all but abandoned to Asia and will actually bring back jobs, although not jobs for morons.

Second, it's a big boon for national security.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sidis said:

it always cracks me up when helobious somehow meanders outside the baseball board on surly and people that never read the baseball get to experience for the first time the clusterfuck of a mind with which he operates...

18” Amazon chain, bro.

• Hook 'Em 1

One of my favorite chucklefuck rebuttals to the absolute curbstomping  Biden has done with jobs, is people saying those are COVID jobs coming back.

Um no. Plenty of those businesses are no longer with us. 12 million people have not been rehired by their old companies. In fact, if that was true, that’s be an even bigger accomplishment.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

Cool story bro. Uncle Joe is killing it, and will get the nomination easy, and beat dotard easy (yes I fluctuate between optimism and the ledge). As far as I can tell, the only "crime" within this family is having big swinging donkey dicks. 

well, to the tiny dicks in the gop, that IS a crime

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

I don’t follow politics much. I know I’d never vote for trump. He’s a shitbag and just about as old & senile as Biden. But it’s pretty easy to see that trump will wipe the floor with Biden in the 2024 election, and will probably win the popular vote outright even.

0E0F762E-9216-466F-8F3F-B8407BA43A53.gif.8dc68b79b5efb9d70493b676ecf09050.gif

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

They already have. He just lied to the evangelicals like he lies about everything else. 

You’re not an atheist if you think you’re god.

Obviously I’m talking about an open, outspoken atheist. I’m sure there have been a lot of closet atheists in positions of power, including some popes. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I want dems to be excited about their candidate because being excited means more likely to vote. I don't think fearful voters have to get excited.  (That's what 2020 was about.)   A few things can happen before the election.  Trump could die, or simply not get the nomination. 

The whole basis for my post is that assuming Biden is going to be running against Trump is a big assumption.   It's a good assumption but it's not a sure thing. 

I think as of now I have to admit the incumbency status seems to be a pretty stout basis to stay the course.  But that is if they are both the nominees.