Anyone but Trump but then anyone but Biden

The only way not to be consumed by Trump news over the next year is for the Dems to  pivot to a younger candidate.  And that means younger than Elizabeth Warren for fucks sake.  Newsom, Whitmer, I don't really care.  

Biden was a fine door stop but time to move on, and that means someone outside of his administration.  And someone other than an Abrams who has lost more than they've won.

The Republican fucksticks need to be crushed and we need someone young at the top of the ticket.

People need to be agrressive about moving Joe along.

42 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

The only way not to be consumed by Trump news over the next year is for the Dems to  pivot to a younger candidate.  And that means younger than Elizabeth Warren for fucks sake.  Newsom, Whitmer, I don't really care.  

Biden was a fine door stop but time to move on, and that means someone outside of his administration.  And someone other than an Abrams who has lost more than they've won.

The Republican fucksticks need to be crushed and we need someone young at the top of the ticket.

Hillary.  For the lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck that. Biden has been as effective as possible give the insane asylum in the House.  And any Dem or moderate that thinks different is a fucking concern troll. 

Have to say I agree. Biden’s got his ups and downs but “Republicans need to be crushed, we should abandon the advantage of incumbency to do it!” is a take so dumb it’s impossible to take it seriously.

“BuT fIfTy PeRcEnT oF DeMoCrAtS dOn’T wAnT hIm To RuN aGaIn!1!1!1!”

Uh huh. I’d love a younger president in a vacuum. But you start naming alternatives and the support nosedives. Lots of Republicans are in favor of abortion rights, gun control, whatever when asked as a stand-alone and still vote against those things. Hypotheticals are undefeated in polling.
  • Hook 'Em 9

2 hours ago, G650 said:

He has honestly exceeded all my expectations. Dude has been a stone cold killer getting shit done. The amount of legislation he has moved is insane.

Yeah, he has definitely outperformed.

He's a flawed candidate in many ways, including his "length of service."  But, by God, the man knows how to get shit done, largely due to that length of service.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

This is “ the 2nd team qb at texas is the most popular player” except there is no other qb on the roster

Ok.  But that second team QB is going to get us a winning record and a good bowl game even with a defense coached by peak Manny _iaz with assistance from Aggie era Torbush.  And the alternative is getting intentionally Marshalled into a Mountain, so I’ll take it   

Analogy gone too far I guess….

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, he has definitely outperformed.

He's a flawed candidate in many ways, including his "length of service."  But, by God, the man knows how to get shit done, largely due to that length of service.

This. I was actually thinking about it and who was the last president who came from Washington? I guess Bush Sr.? Everyone else has been an "outsider." Seeing the way that Biden has been able to use his long-term relationships to get things done has made me reconsider who is best qualified to be president. There is something to be said about knowing all those senators, how they think, and what makes them tick.

When someone says Biden hasn't done a good job, ask for specifics. They won't be able to go very deep in how Biden has done a poor job, and like Hannity, they will quickly want to jump topics.

When they're caught without info, they will inevitably jump to senility. And I agree that Biden is not as sharp as he once was, but ask how that has negatively impacted his performance.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When someone says Biden hasn't done a good job, ask for specifics

I didn't say he's done a poor job.  I actually don't think Jimmy Carter did a poor job either but I'd hedge my bets against him as the nominee as well. 

The question is, if the presumptive nominee for some reason wouldn't be able to run, would you be more or less excited by the replacement.  I actually like Kamala more, and she is one of my least favorite alternatives.

Hard to believe I'm a complete outlier on that. 

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

lol

This is the dumbest post ever posted in the history of posts.

This. Stop willingly wanting the incumbent to give up incumbency. It’s the single most powerful tool in someone’s electoral arsenal 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Fuck that. Biden has been as effective as possible give the insane asylum in the House.  And any Dem or moderate that thinks different is a fucking concern troll. 

This.

A lot of people are going to confuse "effectiveness" with "old looking" over the next 16 months.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When someone says Biden hasn't done a good job, ask for specifics. They won't be able to go very deep in how Biden has done a poor job, and like Hannity, they will quickly want to jump topics.

When they're caught without info, they will inevitably jump to senility. And I agree that Biden is not as sharp as he once was, but ask how that has negatively impacted his performance.

LOL like an argument based on logic will work with those folks.

• Hook 'Em 3

I’d rather not have to choose between Mussolini or Methuselah.  If presented with a choice of Mussolini vs Methuselah, I’ll choose Methuselah.  Most of what Biden is being blamed for would have happened regardless of who was in office.

12 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Tell me, how does one "be aggressive" moving along a sitting president who's announced he's running again? You have all these ideas, but you're a bit short on suggestions. But please, explain what moving along a sitting incumbent looks like exactly? Because I have no fucking idea, and to be honest, any possible idea probably looks like the infighting going on in the Republican party right now. Which is really working out well for them, you're right, the democrats who are already dysfunctional as hell should definitely add another roadblock to their chances. 

And while we're at at, looking at all your thin proclamations, why don't you suggest a few names you think should replace Biden at the top of the ticket? Please. Give us some names and analysis. But before you do, I'll go ahead and remove a few off the top:

Gavin Newsome - He'll be hated for being the Governor of California, but more importantly, Mayor of maybe the most liberal city in the country, San Francisco. Communism, homeless on the streets, drugs everywhere, reparations, it'll all get pinned to him and he won't get the votes.

Kamala Harris - widely reviled with an approval rating that makes Biden blush, and also from California

Mayor Pete - Gay man disliked by the progressive wing of his own party. America probably isn't ready for that yet, the black man broke us once. Also he's inexperienced. He cAusED TRaIn acCiDenTs iN oHIo. 

So who else do you have that justifies giving up the incumbency? Whitmer? Maybe. Klobuchar? No. The Dem bench is not only empty, the bench itself is actually rotted and collapsing. 

You think we should move on? Well, it's incumbent on YOU to make some suggestions and illustrate your proposal. So lets have it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Tell me, how does one "be aggressive" moving along a sitting president who's announced he's running again? You have all these ideas, but you're a bit short on suggestions. But please, explain what moving along a sitting incumbent looks like exactly? Because I have no fucking idea, and to be honest, any possible idea probably looks like the infighting going on in the Republican party right now. Which is really working out well for them, you're right, the democrats who are already dysfunctional as hell should definitely add another roadblock to their chances. 

And while we're at at, looking at all your thin proclamations, why don't you suggest a few names you think should replace Biden at the top of the ticket? Please. Give us some names and analysis. But before you do, I'll go ahead and remove a few off the top:

Gavin Newsome - He'll be hated for being the Governor of California, but more importantly, Mayor of maybe the most liberal city in the country, San Francisco. Communism, homeless on the streets, drugs everywhere, reparations, it'll all get pinned to him and he won't get the votes.

Kamala Harris - widely reviled with an approval rating that makes Biden blush, and also from California

Mayor Pete - Gay man disliked by the progressive wing of his own party. America probably isn't ready for that yet, the black man broke us once. Also he's inexperienced. He cAusED TRaIn acCiDenTs iN oHIo. 

So who else do you have that justifies giving up the incumbency? Whitmer? Maybe. Klobuchar? No. The Dem bench is not only empty, the bench itself is actually rotted and collapsing. 

You think we should move on? Well, it's incumbent on YOU to make some suggestions and illustrate your proposal. So lets have it. 

josh shapiro is a rising star but not for 24. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Local Right Wing Radio routinely and without irony refer to Biden during their screeds as an old guy who is in bad physical shape and who says crazy things. I don't think that's inaccurate if you just change it to "Trump." But Fruit don't call in to radio shows, Fruit just listens.

The other theme is that he's a doddering figurehead, and an Unseen Cabal are calling all the shots. Hmm. In that case, a vote for Biden is a vote for that same Unseen Cabal whose work I like so far.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

"He's low energy, he's old, he's senile."  

You handled that question right. None of those are specific reasons to judge performance. 

As for the age, Trump is 77 and Biden is 80. That difference is nothing. Now I do think that if DeSantis is the nominee, age becomes a factor. The VP pick for Trump and Biden are important to consider because both of them would not potentially survive 4 years.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You handled that question right. None of those are specific reasons to judge performance. 

As for the age, Trump is 77 and Biden is 80. That difference is nothing. Now I do think that if DeSantis is the nominee, age becomes a factor. The VP pick for Trump and Biden are important to consider because both of them would not potentially survive 4 years.

I dont see how Biden can eject Harris. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I don’t follow politics much. I know I’d never vote for trump. He’s a shitbag and just about as old & senile as Biden. But it’s pretty easy to see that trump will wipe the floor with Biden in the 2024 election, and will probably win the popular vote outright even. People say Biden has been very effectual… what exactly has he done? The only thing most people know him for is massively failing with the student debt relief he promised.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 4

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I literally had this exact same conversation with my brother (scorned Bernie Bro) the other night.  He said that he wouldn't vote for Biden  if he ran again.  Said he has been a poor President.  I asked for specifics of what he's not happy with. 

"He's low energy, he's old, he's senile."  

"Those aren't specific."

"Well, they've affected his performance."

"Explain to me how, in a specific situation/issue."

"Well....uh...."

Pretty soon I gave up and just told him to grow the fuck up and quit being butthurt about Bernie.  His wife busted out laughing.

Wait are pissed off Bernie Bros still a thing? I literally forgot all about them. Might be time to grow up.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is there talk that Biden might cut Harris loose? That hadn't occurred to me, guess it might make some sense though.

10 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Pics of Sister-in-Law who sees you as the dominant male in the tribe not showing up.

9 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Wait are pissed off Bernie Bros still a thing? I literally forgot all about them. Might be time to grow up.

This is my older brother -- they're in their mid-60s.  

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t follow politics much. I know I’d never vote for trump. He’s a shitbag and just about as old & senile as Biden. But it’s pretty easy to see that trump will wipe the floor with Biden in the 2024 election, and will probably win the popular vote outright even. People say Biden has been very effectual… what exactly has he done? The only thing most people know him for is massively failing with the student debt relief he promised.

As a reminder, this poster was adamant (during the counting after the election) that Trump was going to win. Despite everyone in the world telling him how the math/ballot counting worked, he could not be swayed.

In short, he's a fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Killed the market for N95 masks. Doing what he can to prevent a wider war in Europe. Took a train to Ukraine while wearing shades. America is still paying bills when due.

Dude is quietly driving the bus back to sanity, that’s his biggest accomplishment IMHO.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Your magic doesn’t work if you are doing it intentionally…

So I’m supposed to lie and say I think Biden will win? I don’t. If it comes down to it I’ll begrudgingly vote for Biden like I did in 2020 because I think trump was/will be worse. As a Texas resident it’s not like it matters either way. I just don’t see a path to victory for him, he’s not pulling off Arizona & Georgia again that’s for sure. 

Sydney outlined a lot of stuff I’ve never heard of or don’t know what they mean. That’s not going to sway the average voter at all.

And he does come across as a senile with his stuttering issue and the way he meanders through speeches/interviews. Trump actually does the same thing but he doesn’t have the stuttering problem, so he seems less senile. Even if he might actually be at Biden’s mental capacity level.

• Haha 1