One signal that screams you won’t like this person

Hornbeliever

On 8/20/2023 at 4:42 PM, msucolt45 said:

Post serving in the Army, while going to college, I actually worked with the Williamson Co Sheriff’s office and worked the “intake” for the jail on Friday and Saturday nights. My regular shift was 4-midnight each week, 5 days a week. I might have met some of you “Surly Bastards” over 20 years ago!
The stories I could tell from my year of working the night shift in Georgetown! This was 95-96.

Hook’em!!!

Uhhhh...

1 minute ago, GoPokes83 said:

Women who are true man haters and constantly cry about patriarchy and how men suck, but then do absolutely everything they can to look, dress and act like a man.

If lesbians like girls so much, why do they always try to look like dudes?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Women who are true man haters and constantly cry about patriarchy and how men suck, but then do absolutely everything they can to look, dress and act like a man.

OR they are trying to steal someone else's man/latch on the the first man they can. We had an issue like that at work. Lost a decent AR clerk because of that.

On 8/23/2023 at 1:05 PM, BonzoMontreaux said:

If they wear pajama pants in public... 

Can we get some clarification on “in Public?” Is that anywhere outside your house or like, in an establishment open to the public? 

On 8/23/2023 at 7:07 AM, GoPokes83 said:

IF this is a true story the the guy’s definitely the AH, but the waitress chasing him down in the parking lot puts her on the spectrum. Why is my iced tea empty? Oh yeah, our waitress is in the parking lot yelling at that guy.

So funny thing is, the waitress can rarely win all parties.  The table that makes you peel the u peel em shrimps for them is taking time away from the table that must have limes with their ice tea.  1 person can fuck a waiter's day up.

So funny thing is, the waitress can rarely win all parties.  The table that makes you peel the u peel em shrimps for them is taking time away from the table that must have limes with their ice tea.  1 person can fuck a waiter's day up.

Understood, but if you’re rolling the dice in a job that’s completely dependent on folk’s generosity then you have to accept that sometimes you’re going to roll snake eyes. Chasing someone that didn’t tip out to the parking lot and demanding to know why isn’t productive. Chalk it up and move on knowing that well over 90% of people are going to pay up.

6 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Understood, but if you’re rolling the dice in a job that’s completely dependent on folk’s generosity then you have to accept that sometimes you’re going to roll snake eyes. Chasing someone that didn’t tip out to the parking lot and demanding to know why isn’t productive. Chalk it up and move on knowing that well over 90% of people are going to pay up.

Yes.  Sometimes you gotta take the L.  My comment is to point out that one customer can screw over everyone’s experience, including other customers 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 4:42 PM, msucolt45 said:

Post serving in the Army, while going to college, I actually worked with the Williamson Co Sheriff’s office and worked the “intake” for the jail on Friday and Saturday nights. My regular shift was 4-midnight each week, 5 days a week. I might have met some of you “Surly Bastards” over 20 years ago!
The stories I could tell from my year of working the night shift in Georgetown! This was 95-96.

Hook’em!!!

I don’t understand how you worked 5 days a week on only fridays and saturdays or the relevance to the thread. 

• Like 1

Can we get some clarification on “in Public?” Is that anywhere outside your house or like, in an establishment open to the public? 

On your property is Ok. I do this. There can be exceptions for heading to a near by family or friends house. If you are going into a well trafficked public establishment, put some proper attire on.

On 8/27/2023 at 6:26 PM, Vic Mackey said:

People who were nightwear/pajamas in public look like weirdos. Because there isn't any in between nightwear and a suit? 

We went to the local speedway on Saturday evening. Our foster daughter wore pajama pants, fuzzy slippers and a sweatshirt. It was about 90 degrees. I told her it was going to be warm for a sweatshirt, but she said she was fine. Whatever.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2023 at 7:24 PM, Js1 said:

Am I allowed to walk my dog around the block in pajama pants or do I need my 3 piece suit?

Seriously though, do men wear pajama pants outside of like, Christmas eve or Holiday Christmas photos or something? Or is it a gay person and aesthetic thing? Like a 3 piece suit.

Edited by animaltobacco11
  • Fuck You 1

On 8/7/2023 at 1:28 PM, Biff Tannen said:

People who complain about pets, that are generally FUCKING SILENT, on airplanes.

Hmmm...wife and I are on a flight to Munich. By the time we're taxing down the runway, we both have itchy throats, by the time we're airborne, our lungs are itchy. The people behind had put two cats underneath our seats . We are quite allergic to cats. Airlines don't serve peanuts anymore, even though people have a choice what they put in their mouths...but they allow animals that people may be allergic to? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

20 minutes ago, otisdog said:

Hmmm...wife and I are on a flight to Munich. By the time we're taxing down the runway, we both have itchy throats, by the time we're airborne, our lungs are itchy. The people behind had put two cats underneath our seats . We are quite allergic to cats. Airlines don't serve peanuts anymore, even though people have a choice what they put in their mouths...but they allow animals that people may be allergic to? 

About 15 years ago I had a flight from Anchorage to Houston, connecting in Seattle.  Domestic first class because that's how my employer rolled at the time.  I had the aisle seat.  A woman sat next to me with a "service animal" that was obviously not a service animal, not trained in any way.  Dog freaked out on takeoff, landing, and several times in-between.  While landing in Houston, damn dog lost control of its bowels and left runny dog crap all over my seatmate, that seat, and the wall of the plane.  Fortunately it did not get on me.

Later, walking through the terminal, I saw the same dog had taken a massive dump in the middle of the terminal walkway.

Ever since then, I DESPISE "service animals," unless they are quite obviously an actual trained service animal. 

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, otisdog said:

Yeah, well cats suck.  Fuck em.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

This is about the jorts isn’t it?

No, the custom name and tailored Cowboys jersey worn by the 50-something overweight guy wearing sunglasses backwards.  Who also happens to be wearing jorts and crocs as he gets ready to mount up in his jacked-up F250 that is double parked, after leaving his grocery cart in the adjoining parking space. 

Edited by nnm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/9/2023 at 12:55 PM, Goredho said:

People with a visible display of their politics.  MAGA hat, in this home we believe Black Lives Matter…, thin blue line shirt, bumper stickers of any ideology, etc…  No one gives a shit.  Turn around and fuck right off.

People who want to get to know me by talking about their career or how much they make.  Im trying my best to forget work right now, asshole.  Jerk off to your paystub on your own time.

People who want to get to know me by talking about what they learned from Joe Rogan’s podcast.  Tell me about the last book you read, mother fucker.

Conspiracy theorists that insist on trying to educate me.  I get it, you are fucking nuts.  I’m already sold on that, no need to continue.

Anyone who dares to date my daughter.  You remind me of me at that age, young Buck.  Fuuuuuck off.

That fuck from high school who wants to reconnect but only to see if I’m interested in an exciting business opportunity.  I didn’t like you 35 years ago and I sure as shit don’t like you now.

Women who get offended when I open the door for them.  Not many of them, but fuck you, Matilda.

People who work in auditing or compliance.  They are so used to being a paid contrarian at work that they are assholes in real life.  Fuck those guys (and gals).

People who punctuate phone calls with have a blessed day and say grace at every meal, even if procured from a McDonalds drive through.  That is not the body of Christ.  Eat your fucking burger already.

Good list.

Pics of daughter?

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2023 at 1:52 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

Going to Disney as an adult

My man!

/obviously, I'm not talking about people going with their kids or one-off nostalgia trips.  I'm talking about very regular visits.

//To the rest of you.  No offense.  It looks good on you though.

Edited by dcbc

On 8/31/2023 at 11:22 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

If you happen to be wearing a cowboy hat and boots with a business suit when you do that, I’ll just have to shake my head and laugh. “Okay, pardner. Giddyup. Pew, pew, pew!”

fair

however in south and west Texas, a pair of nice cowboy boots and a nice cowboy hat make blue jeans (no holes, not faded) business attire.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/27/2023 at 8:06 PM, Born to Run said:

I was of this opinion until a young lass I was dating went boot shopping with me and selected a pair of semi square toes that I wore on our next date.

They post date sex confirmed it was the right choice and my feet were more comfortable.

Weird. I'd just take the boots off before sex.