Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

To yall who don't get acid reflux or heartburn. Fuckity fuck you.

About 3 years ago it hit me really hard. I used to cover pretty much any dish with salsa or hot sauce. Now, I can barely use Franks. Jalapenos are pretty much out.  Hell, even hoppy beer has to be limited to maybe two....
Guess I better enjoy my dick while I still can. Even if I am usually alone at the time...

They have pills for that. The reflux I mean, but for your dick too if necessary.
  • Haha 1

To yall who don't get acid reflux or heartburn. Fuckity fuck you.

About 3 years ago it hit me really hard. I used to cover pretty much any dish with salsa or hot sauce. Now, I can barely use Franks. Jalapenos are pretty much out.  Hell, even hoppy beer has to be limited to maybe two....
Guess I better enjoy my dick while I still can. Even if I am usually alone at the time...

Have you had an upper GI? My wife and I have GERD, both diagnosed 25 years ago. Wife way worse than mine as she has preBarretts. We both eat hot chiles, Korean food, hot Thai you name it. Chances are you’re reacting to something else like maybe alcohol. We are able to eat about anything thru daily taking of nexium and she takes Sucrafate before meals.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Lake Charles?

Billy’s is just outside of Lafayette. 

On 6/17/2023 at 2:00 PM, threesheets said:

Trip to Florida was strategically routed. Plain and pepper jack boudin balls, smoked boudin, seasoned cracklins.

IMG_20230617_122616.jpg

I would encourage you to try Best Stop if your route is the same on the way back. Same exit, opposite side of the highway 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Saw Beat Stop mentioned above, what a coincidence. Found a bonus pack of Best Stop boudin in the back of the freezer. Made one of my favorite breakfasts, a crisped boudin patty topped with a fried egg (copious amounts of Crystal splashed on later):

3b50446f536b1b897995fb96830f0e13.jpg

Sorry for the overly nice plate, wife got us new dishes.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Had some leftover mushroom marinara from a pasta I did last night. I made an eggs in purgatory and added some mozzarella pearls.  I let the eggs go too long and they were hard cooked instead of runny. Still really good. 20230618_173929.thumb.jpg.8cfbf2ae1a46b8712e303df9ef3de5e7.jpg20230618_175459.thumb.jpg.d0df876e8c55361156a34e8540007001.jpg

20230618_180135.thumb.jpg.e61c9aa1cabced85fffbaa863954b8e5.jpg

you may be in the wrong thread

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Thought about that, but it was leftovers that I really didn't know what to do with, so put it here. 

6 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Massive fail. 

Kind of fancy looking, but fits the spirit of the thread.

The corn chili dog kicks my ass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not going to lie, hummus mixed with Taco Bell sauce is the fucking truth. Well done. 

I was watching my mom's dogs and she didn't have any Sriracha which is my go to. Fortunately my 20 year old stoner little brother keeps a tupperware of Taco Bell hot sauce in the fridge. It worked nicely. 

On 6/18/2023 at 6:29 PM, Mo Horn said:

Had some leftover mushroom marinara from a pasta I did last night. I made an eggs in purgatory and added some mozzarella pearls.  I let the eggs go too long and they were hard cooked instead of runny. Still really good. 20230618_173929.thumb.jpg.8cfbf2ae1a46b8712e303df9ef3de5e7.jpg20230618_175459.thumb.jpg.d0df876e8c55361156a34e8540007001.jpg

20230618_180135.thumb.jpg.e61c9aa1cabced85fffbaa863954b8e5.jpg

Wrong thread.

Unless the side of fried cheese sticks is out of frame.

Well, this goes here.  Went and fished the Llano yesterday.  I was the only one on my stretch, because only fucking insane people fish when it's 105 (it was still 103 when I got off the water at 8:00).  I drank all the water and Body Armor I'd brought with me.  But on the way home, needed some sustenance.  Am I annoyed by the fact that the multiple gas stations with a "Coopers fried chicken" sign up did not have any actual fried chicken products?  Yes I was.  But I found victory.  Or, at least Steel Shank thread victory.
Picadilly Circus  brand combo pizza from the VP fuel station in Llano (wait....now that I look at the label more closely, that is a "CBR"...which would explain the random chunks of chicken breast under the cheese).  Know what makes it even BETTER?  As I put it on the counter to pay, the, ummm, challenged individual working behind the counter says "you can just have it - I was getting ready to throw it out."  Well....VICTORY!  $5 I didn't have to spend.  Free pizza rules.

b084bcb23913724b3cecd46fa7e7a552.jpg

f9da20a42404a696982b938877048899.jpg

Now, a bit of a caveat here....it was easily the worst pizza I've ever eaten.  And I burned more than a few Fox DeLuxe .89 cent pizzas at 3:00 am back in the day (and I still ate every one of them).  After piece #1, I just scraped the cheese and toppings off and ate those. 
So then, in Liberty Hill, I stopped and got a spicy chicken sandwich from Golden Chick (fine....but WTF with the giant brioche buns? Nothing "brioche" should exist at a Golden Chick, much less in Liberty Hill).  No pics, it was just a generic chicken sandwich with too goddamned much bread.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

First the crust, then the bread ... sounds like you're on an anti-carb crusade, Brisket.

Anyway, the real travesty was this: 

Am I annoyed by the fact that the multiple gas stations with a "Coopers fried chicken" sign up did not have any actual fried chicken products?

You are not alone in your outrage, sir.

get-a-rope-cowboy.gif

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, this goes here.  Went and fished the Llano yesterday.  I was the only one on my stretch, because only fucking insane people fish when it's 105 (it was still 103 when I got off the water at 8:00).  I drank all the water and Body Armor I'd brought with me.  But on the way home, needed some sustenance.  Am I annoyed by the fact that the multiple gas stations with a "Coopers fried chicken" sign up did not have any actual fried chicken products?  Yes I was.  But I found victory.  Or, at least Steel Shank thread victory.
Picadilly Circus  brand combo pizza from the VP fuel station in Llano (wait....now that I look at the label more closely, that is a "CBR"...which would explain the random chunks of chicken breast under the cheese).  Know what makes it even BETTER?  As I put it on the counter to pay, the, ummm, challenged individual working behind the counter says "you can just have it - I was getting ready to throw it out."  Well....VICTORY!  $5 I didn't have to spend.  Free pizza rules.

b084bcb23913724b3cecd46fa7e7a552.jpg

f9da20a42404a696982b938877048899.jpg

Now, a bit of a caveat here....it was easily the worst pizza I've ever eaten.  And I burned more than a few Fox DeLuxe .89 cent pizzas at 3:00 am back in the day (and I still ate every one of them).  After piece #1, I just scraped the cheese and toppings off and ate those. 
So then, in Liberty Hill, I stopped and got a spicy chicken sandwich from Golden Chick (fine....but WTF with the giant brioche buns? Nothing "brioche" should exist at a Golden Chick, much less in Liberty Hill).  No pics, it was just a generic chicken sandwich with too goddamned much bread.

If there's a Hall of Fame for "Hey Steel Shank!" thread entries, this one is a prime candidate for enshrinement. 

• Hook 'Em 1