Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

Yeah it’s pretty clear he’s under orders to not get hit. He actually slid feet first in the pocket today. Not sure I have ever seen that. Quinn is plenty athletic enough (when healthy) to pick up some yards that are gimmes. Arch is a level above that athletically. 

I’ve seen Murray slide feet first to take a sack. Anyone that doesn’t think QE is still banged up and trying to avoid really getting hurt is foolish.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’ve seen Murray slide feet first to take a sack. Anyone that doesn’t think QE is still banged up and trying to avoid really getting hurt is foolish.

Yes, have seen that too, but don’t know if I’ve seen him do that in the actual pocket. That was a new twist. 

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I liked most of what I saw, but I’ll let it play out before anointing the guy. I’m hopeful, but also know pressure has a way of changing people.

Yes. If only he could develop behind a fellow 5-star and under the guidance of an offensive genius HC and be given time to put on more weight/muscle in the off season to better prepare him to use his obviously elite skills and off-the-charts FB IQ… 

Call it delusional or hype chugging but this kid looks well on his way to an amazing career on the 40. No apologies for sky high expectations for Arch here. Go get get your Heisman, kid!!

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Rumor is, if he gets hit late, he has the acting ability of Tom Hanks.

No, that's Xavier Worthy. Last night at least 3 or 4 times he acted like his year was done rolling on the ground or being carried into the tent just to trot out the next possession like nothing. He's the Cristiano Ronaldo of American Football. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

No, that's Xavier Worthy. Last night at least 3 or 4 times he acted like his year was done rolling on the ground or being carried into the tent just to trot out the next possession like nothing. He's the Cristiano Ronaldo of American Football. 

I remember one performance when Ronaldo catapulted himself into the air like a fucking dolphin and literally turned to make eye contact with the ref as he was going down

It was hilariously pathetic

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Quinn has won 9 regular season games

A bullshit stat given Quinn certainly would’ve won 11 this year if healthy. I can’t believe there is even one poster seriously advocating Arch replacing Quinn next year if Quinn comes back (not you). People are quick to dismiss how good Quinn is and I don’t get it at all. 

6 hours ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Malik wouldn’t run when things were covered. Didn’t look anywhere near as comfortable as Arch in the pocket. If you watch enough ball, you know the glimpses you saw last night. Ewers and Malik offer no RPO threat whatsoever.

The “run option” in RPO has nothing to do with the QB running. Ewers runs them regularly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

A bullshit stat given Quinn certainly would’ve won 11 this year if healthy. I can’t believe there is even one poster seriously advocating Arch replacing Quinn next year if Quinn comes back (not you). People are quick to dismiss how good Quinn is and I don’t get it at all. 

Given you username, I’m surprised at how dumb your message board post comprehension is.

1) Unlike Aggie, you don’t get credit for winning games that you didn’t play.

2) No one that I have seen has stated that they want Ewers to go to the NFL this spring, because Arch is already better than Quinn.

3) People have pointed out Quinn’s deficiencies while also mentioning Arch’s strengths that are already observable in just over 1 quarter of play at the college level.

I want Quinn to return and have Arch get in several games next year because we are so far ahead of our opponents. I want Arch to have nearly 100 snaps before taking over the starting job in 2025.

And lastly, I think that Arch will prove to be a better college QB than Quinn and Sam.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- we are 11-1 so… not like we got that one wrong. 

Wasn't saying it was wrong.  My point was that other guy is still in uniform, but we have people here talking about making the switch based on garbage time.  As long as Ewers is healthy and on campus, he's the starting QB next year.

7 minutes ago, Burt said:

Wasn't saying it was wrong.  My point was that other guy is still in uniform, but we have people here talking about making the switch based on garbage time.  As long as Ewers is healthy and on campus, he's the starting QB next year.

I think everyone not smoking crack will come to that same conclusion.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ousux said:
7 hours ago, troph said:
I feel bad for the 11-1 QB in that QB room. Jesus. 

*9-1, but yeah

1 hour ago, troph said:

I feel bad for the 9-1 QB in that room. The kid is getting nitpicked to death by a bunch of middle aged couch jocks.

7 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Why are we playing a QB who had a loss over someone who is undefeated?

nathan fillion castle GIF

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Given you username, I’m surprised at how dumb your message board post comprehension is.

1) Unlike Aggie, you don’t get credit for winning games that you didn’t play.

2) No one that I have seen has stated that they want Ewers to go to the NFL this spring, because Arch is already better than Quinn.

3) People have pointed out Quinn’s deficiencies while also mentioning Arch’s strengths that are already observable in just over 1 quarter of play at the college level.

I want Quinn to return and have Arch get in several games next year because we are so far ahead of our opponents. I want Arch to have nearly 100 snaps before taking over the starting job in 2025.

And lastly, I think that Arch will prove to be a better college QB than Quinn and Sam.

1) I think it’s a safe assumption Quinn would’ve rolled BYU and KSU similar to Tech last night. He had a major deficiency at QB and still won both. To use his injury as some kind of detriment to him in comparison with. Herman-coached team and in effect downgrade him is the definition of bullshit. 

2) I never said that. But texas 3 putt is stating Arch should start over Quinn - next year - with Quinn still there. Read the thread. 

7 hours ago, Nope said:

What a feeling to once again have a QB who can make you pay dearly for having everyone covered. Not only is he athletic, he’s deceptively quick like Caleb Williams and will keep lots of DCs up at night.

Yep ... I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel - a return to something more like the VY days where the D has to pick its poison, and they're gonna get fucked either way.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

He might be. However, let’s go back to the first quarter of MM playing and you’ll find people saying the same shit about him. “Do we even want Quinn coming back?” People make dumb predictions off small sample sizes all the time. Jerrod Heard was the 2nd coming of VY after the Cal game…

No silliness if it was part of the agreement with the family.

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That last part has to be it, I guess. I don’t think it was ever meant to be a suicide pact where the awesome season went down in flames, and should have been revisited, but yeah, have to keep your word in recruiting game I guess. 

Yeah the braintrust Arch has guiding him is pretty special, obviously, with generations of people who know what it takes to develop a QB the right way. I've always thought they were good with him being redshirted, and in fact if they're as smart as I think they are, that's precisely what they'd push for, imho.

7 hours ago, Red Five said:

He has an absolute cannon and it comes out in a Marino-like delivery. Plus he looks to have at a minimum Colt-like mobility. You can still identify traits even if it is in garbage time. 

Yeah I remember the dimwits talking shit about VY's delivery, etc after NMSt. I dunno which one of y'all it was that said something like "I don't care if he shoots the ball outta his ass. It gets there on the money and on time. Nothing else matters". That has always stuck with me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Arch showed some talent 

1. He runs like Cooper. Good athlete

2. That release is Marino like. He gets the ball out fast.. 

3. His pocket presence may be the best in the QB room

4. His decision making was quick

This was all in garbage time vs a beaten down defense, so there is a lot of extrapolation going on. It’s completely irrational, but I want to see more 

As long as he doesn’t have the eyes of squints we should be fine.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

You sure he'll be healthy? Dude literally hurt his shoulder cheering last night. How does that even happen?

Someone posted a video of us blocking a bitchmade Tech player into our sideline during the kickoff TD and said that’s when the injury happened. Don’t think it was just from cheering. But your point stands.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

That’s called the terry bradshaw