Fuck Brett Yormark

hobbs

“I never go backwards; I never look back,” Yormark said prior to the Big 12 championship game between Texas and Oklahoma State at AT&T Stadium on Saturday. “I enjoyed my time in Austin (last week). I embraced the moment. The fans were great. One thing I love about the fans in college sports, I love the passion. They’re showing their passion, and I love it.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

^^^^^^^^^^^

All that dude had to say, was generic stuff like that, and everything would be fine.

I actually don't think he's a terrible conference commissioner, he's doing everything he can to keep the B12 relevant, which is his job.  He outmaneuvered and outlasted the PAC, and since there are really no further poachable teams in the B12, he's going to outlast the ACC too, ultimately.

All he had to do, was NOT act like an asshole to his conference's best brand, even if it's a departing brand.

Anyway, the B12 office rejected our appeal on the targeting call, so I guess he got the last laugh.

Goodbye, and good luck.

He jumped a bit early on Cincy, UCF, and UH.  Would have been better off with the Pac 10 schools and BYU.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

I totally forgot I uploaded this to YouTube for yall. Recorded it in 4k so the file was almost 1 GB and too large to directly upload here. Enjoy the experience from section 101

Yes, the only time for Texas-Exes and fans to chant, "SEC" is to mock Yormark and aggy.

Otherwise, forget it.

• Hook 'Em 6

I imagine one of the little shits from The Athletic will ask Yormark about it at 2024 Big 12 Media Days. “Hey Brett do you regret your preseason comments at a Texas Tech Booster Club meeting?” Yormark answers with some flippant, suit 2 sizes too small answer. David Ubben chases it with some Texas fans are classless for booing comment. TexAgs immediately reposts it, and points to it as the reason for the SEC’s impending doom. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I imagine one of the little shits from The Athletic will ask Yormark about it at 2024 Big 12 Media Days. “Hey Brett do you regret your preseason comments at a Texas Tech Booster Club meeting?” Yormark answers with some flippant, suit 2 sizes too small answer. David Ubben chases it with some Texas fans are classless for booing comment. TexAgs immediately reposts it, and points to it as the reason for the SEC’s impending doom. 

You spend a lot of time worrying over stupid shit like this. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

On 12/6/2023 at 10:40 AM, utee94 said:

Sure but hindsight's 20/20.  Those two conversations were a year apart.  Arguably, having already brought in Cincy, UCF, and UH, is what stabilized the B12 enough to be able to capitalize on the PAC's collapse a year later.

Exactly.

It's no surprise that Texas fans hate the guy, but anyone who thinks he's done a bad job at his actual job is a fucking idiot.  Would it have been better to just be more diplomatic to the outgoing schools?  Yes.  Did it financially harm the Big 12?  No.  That's all that really matters in evaluating his job performance.  His job was to put the Big 12 in the best possible position post-UT/OU and he's done as good a job as possible.

• Like 1

There are some huge issues coming up, involving the state of college football. The NCAA, in an attempt to stay viable, floated the idea of AD funded player salaries. That is an idea that would appeal to the 90% of programs that are not P4 (allows funds from AD and school revenue to level the field, although there is that pesky Title 9). It would not appeal to the 5% of programs that are in the SEC and B10, who are leaning into exploring a major power split from the NCAA. 

What do the ACC and Big XII think? They need to figure this out. Problem is- conference officials, university presidents and ADs have 3-5 year outlooks, by nature of their contracts. Like or hate the SEC and B10, they have shown the ability to think long term (with the exception of fucking Rutgers and Maryland)

Edited by statsman

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

There are some huge issues coming up, involving the state of college football. The NCAA, in an attempt to stay viable, floated the idea of AD funded player salaries. That is an idea that would appeal to the 90% of programs that are not P4 (allows funds from AD and school revenue to level the field, although there is that pesky Title 9). It would not appeal to the 5% of programs that are in the SEC and B10, who are leaning into exploring a major power split from the NCAA. 

What do the ACC and Big XII think? They need to figure this out. Problem is- conference officials, university presidents and ADs have 3-5 year outlooks, by nature of their contracts. 

There just needs to be a new division. ACC and big 12 aren’t close to the SEC anymore. 

They are not gonna be close to the big 10 either now that they are adding the best Pac12 schools. 

51 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I've defended the guy and agree with most of what you're saying, but I'm not sure we can make this conclusion, yet.

Speaking strictly from the UT perspective, as you heard at the B12 CCG, he fired up the fans so mightily that there's zero chance of any reconciliation between Texas and the rest of the B12, for the foreseeable future.  That may not affect ISU, but Texas Tech desperately needs as much exposure and as many butts in seats as possible.  That's precisely why their administration has alternated between begging Texas to continue the series, and attempting to guilt/strong-arm Texas into continuing the series.  The same is true for Baylor and TCU.  

But given Yormark's attitude, statements, and positioning, he's completely guaranteed that won't happen at any time in the future that would actually help the Texas schools within the B12.

When all he HAD to do, was make some generic comments and let things go.  

Yeah, I guess I really don't give a fuck if Baylor or TCU or Tech continue to play Texas.  ISU will sell out our stadium regardless.  His actions may have hurt the schools who need to play Texas occasionally, but those schools probably did enough on their own without his comments too. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zeus said:

There just needs to be a new division. ACC and big 12 aren’t close to the SEC anymore. 

They are not gonna be close to the big 10 either now that they are adding the best Pac12 schools. 

This is why there needs to be a 16-20 (not 32, not 40) school division of straight blue bloods that only play each other.  2/3rds of the new Big 10 can't compete with the top 1/3rd as it is.  Iowa was 10-3 and they weren't remotely competitive with the upper tier of that conference.  There are 6/18 Big 10 schools (OSU, Mich, Pedo, Oregon, Washington, USC) that are capable of fielding truly high end competitive squads with any regularity.  In the SEC that number is a little higher (UT, OU, LSU, Florida, Bama, Georgia and then maybe Aggy, Auburn, and Tennessee from a financial standpoint).  Toss in FSU, Notre Dame, and Clemson, and that's it.  No one else is on that tier.

The bottom 2/3rds of the Big 10 and bottom half of the SEC should be playing in the same spot as the Big 12 and ACC.  And that should be it's own tier separate from the G5, which those schools are light years ahead of (see what happened to Big 12 newcomers).

9 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This is why there needs to be a 16-20 (not 32, not 40) school division of straight blue bloods that only play each other.  2/3rds of the new Big 10 can't compete with the top 1/3rd as it is.  Iowa was 10-3 and they weren't remotely competitive with the upper tier of that conference.  There are 6/18 Big 10 schools (OSU, Mich, Pedo, Oregon, Washington, USC) that are capable of fielding truly high end competitive squads with any regularity.  In the SEC that number is a little higher (UT, OU, LSU, Florida, Bama, Georgia and then maybe Aggy, Auburn, and Tennessee from a financial standpoint).  Toss in FSU, Notre Dame, and Clemson, and that's it.  No one else is on that tier.

The bottom 2/3rds of the Big 10 and bottom half of the SEC should be playing in the same spot as the Big 12 and ACC.  And that should be its own tier separate from the G5, which those schools are light years ahead of (see what happened to Big 12 newcomers).

Funny enough, I’ve thought the same thing, while it’s not perfect I think stadium size does a pretty good job separating the top 1/3 of the P5 (1/5 of the FBS). While not perfect, it does generally correlate to fan support.

FBS stadiums of team with 70K+: Michigan, Penn St, Ohio St, aggy, LSU, Tennessee, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, UCLA***(not on campus and never full), Florida, Auburn, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Clemson, Florida St, Notre Dame, South Carolina, USC, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Michigan St, Washington, and Iowa* (technically at 69k but record attendance is 70k).

Honorable mentions:

Virginia Tech and Ole Miss at 66k

Oregon at 60k

A few towards the bottom that could be dropped down but despite the methodology the results are not horrible if they were to make a top tier football division.

Funny enough, I’ve thought the same thing, while it’s not perfect I think stadium size does a pretty good job separating the top 1/3 of the P5 (1/5 of the FBS). While not perfect, it does generally correlate to fan support.
FBS stadiums of team with 70K+: Michigan, Penn St, Ohio St, aggy, LSU, Tennessee, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, UCLA***(not on campus and never full), Florida, Auburn, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Clemson, Florida St, Notre Dame, South Carolina, USC, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Michigan St, Washington, and Iowa* (technically at 69k but record attendance is 70k).
Honorable mentions:
Virginia Tech and Ole Miss at 66k
Oregon at 60k

A few towards the bottom that could be dropped down but despite the methodology the results are not horrible if they were to make a top tier football division.

I would drop UCLA, South Carolina, Nebraska, Arkansas, Wisconsin, and Iowa from that tier. None of those schools can hang with the top tier. UCLA could if they cared but they don’t and probably never will. Michigan State maybe too

8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

aL hope you stick around

you have hot cheer and lesbian coeds and the world needs more of that

+++

what yormark did was openly speak of that which we have known since mack left....

..... oSu 15

..... oSu 22

...... having to earn 12 yards for every first down

...... zero holds against the best inside lineman duo in the country?

...... and opponent perfection when playing Texas, a statistical impossibility

+++

we left because we got tired of being persecuted for doing nothing

we would have forgotten about the bullshit that made us leave

but yormark put it in public, and paid for it for 5 nonstop minutes on national television

we won't forget about that

ever

I'll be around in the same places I am now.  Off topic shit (that's the real hook here anyway) and any sports topics that may arise about the Big 12 games or teams or controversies or whatever (and I assume there will be less of that going forward).  I'm not going to comment on UT sports or SEC stuff, but I don't really do that anyhow.  Don't follow any of that close enough.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'll be around in the same places I am now.  Off topic shit (that's the real hook here anyway) and any sports topics that may arise about the Big 12 games or teams or controversies or whatever (and I assume there will be less of that going forward).  I'm not going to comment on UT sports or SEC stuff, but I don't really do that anyhow.  Don't follow any of that close enough.

You’re welcome regardless. We’ve always liked good posters from other fanbases. Even OU has a few of those. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, utee94 said:

Well, somebody's got to take up our mantle as Conference Bad Boy after we leave.  Might as well be the Birds-in-a-Blender.

That would be hilarious. I’m hoping it’s Iowa State and Kansas State. They have both seriously raised the levels of their respective programs over the Big 12 era. 

Meanwhile: Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M (insert Price is Right fail horn here)

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Well, well, well . . . look who's being the bad conference partner now.

I mean... it's Baylor.

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

That would be hilarious. I’m hoping it’s Iowa State and Kansas State. They have both seriously raised the levels of their respective programs over the Big 12 era. 

Meanwhile: Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M (insert Price is Right fail horn here)

Utah is angling real hard to take the spot of "most despised fanbase".

1 hour ago, AnotherLawyer said:

Or he could just spend a lot of time making shitty predictions about this season and our head coach. Glass houses, dude.

I picked Texas to win 12+ games and to make the playoffs. That's in multiple threads from August. Was I frustrated after the OU loss and vented a bit for some catharsis? Yes. We're not all as cool headed as you, of course. In any event, being wrong on predictions, which anyone who gambles or makes predictions is plenty of the time, versus constructing the most annoying possible scenarios in which a rival gets over on you isn't even vaguely a valid comparison, bro/dude/buddy/friend/guy.

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2023 at 5:19 PM, Longboard Horn said:

NSIAP. Still laughing at his facial expression. We pantsed everyone that’s staying in that shit conference and humiliated him on national television. Eat shit Brett! 

C13FFB0D-C98F-48B6-9F10-5C07EA047711.jpeg

That guy was an ass back when he ran Melville's. 

melvilles.jpg.fe98f33ba6b8c1f2dda7a5649265a69a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I picked Texas to win 12+ games and to make the playoffs. That's in multiple threads from August. Was I frustrated after the OU loss and vented a bit for some catharsis? Yes. We're not all as cool headed as you, of course. In any event, being wrong on predictions, which anyone who gambles or makes predictions is plenty of the time, versus constructing the most annoying possible scenarios in which a rival gets over on you isn't even vaguely a valid comparison, bro/dude/buddy/friend/guy.

But you said I wouldn't need to keep all the receipts...

Stop talking about the playoffs or rematching against OU. Texas doesn't have the coach for that. We're staring down the barrel of a 9-3 regular season. Sarkisian has said privately that he views bowl games as prep for the next season and the outcome doesn't concern him one way or the other. I'm assuming a banner year is in order here, and we see another career high 9 win season at 9-4. 

You can keep all of the receipts on this that you'd like, but you're not going to need them. 

I mean, come on, man.

• Haha 3

On 12/11/2023 at 7:55 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

The bottom 2/3rds of the Big 10 and bottom half of the SEC should be playing in the same spot as the Big 12 and ACC.  And that should be it's own tier separate from the G5, which those schools are light years ahead of (see what happened to Big 12 newcomers).

Definitely not aggy, unless we are talking about pretend championships.

• 3 weeks later...