Fuck Brett Yormark

hobbs

The hater comments are funny. The rivals know what’s coming. It’s not about the sports wins; it’s the way a successful Longhorn program dominates popularity and revenue in state. 

Yormark is a huckster, more interested in promoting than building. That said, I imagine he has viewed the last month- the TT game scene, the B12 CG attendance record, the ratings, and has a new perspective when he has conference meetings. I imagine his internal voice saying, “You fucking idiots. You had a program that could have been a tent pole for revenue growth for this conference, that could have established it as a survivor long term, and each of you stupid motherfuckers decided it was in your own best interest to hamstring them and bitch about them”. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 4

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Today... 😋

Monday: No Big 12 Teams on Future Schedule

By Bobby Burton       51 minutes ago

It should come as little surprise, but for those thinking that Texas may attempt to rekindle a game with Texas Tech, Baylor, or any other Big 12 team soon, I am told don't hold your breath.

According to a high-ranking university source, the riff between Texas and the Big 12 has not ebbed in recent months, even if it is no longer a major topic within the athletic department.

Brett Yormark's public pre-season comments in Lubbock and those of deputy Big 12 commissioner Tim Weiser on radio row at Big 12 media days still echo in the memories of Texas power brokers. Those words and actions have swayed the current University of Texas athletic leadership to no longer genuinely contemplate playing any former Big 12 school in football or basketball. Not for the foreseeable future.

When Texas (and Oklahoma) first accepted the invitation to move into the SEC, Tech attempted to publicly negotiate an agreement with the Horns to continue playing an annual football game. The Red Raiders can now put those plans in the rear-view mirror.

"It's just not going to happen," the source said of any Big 12 teams on the future schedule in football or basketball. "The Big 12 made their bed."

The attitude of others toward Texas apparently plays a role in that decision.

"We're the bad guys," the source said. "We're always the bad guys when all we want is what's best for us. Any one of them would have done the same if they had gotten the invite (to the SEC) that we did."

Donald Glover Reaction GIFThe Young Pope GIFfuck you odd future GIF by JASPER & ERROL'S FIRST TIME

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

At the end of the day, I don’t see this as the product of hard feelings, but rather the fact that playing Tech has no real value for Texas, or at the very least it’s far more valuable for Tech than it ever could be for Texas. It does nothing for recruiting, and Texas can find better strategically-based nonconference matchups. The only nonconference team in the state I see Texas playing is Rice to get us a game in Houston on a semi-regular basis (we have DFW covered with OU).

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 7

Just now, South Austin said:

At the end of the day, I don’t see this as the product of hard feelings, but rather the fact that playing Tech has no real value for Texas, or at the very least it’s far more valuable for Tech than it ever could be for Texas. It does nothing for recruiting, and Texas can find better strategically-based nonconferemce matchups. The only nonconference team in the state I see Texas playing is Rice to get us a game in Houston on a semi-regular basis (we have DFW covered with OU).

This is all probably true, but the pettiness and spitefulness is so much more fun. 

• Hook 'Em 7

18 minutes ago, South Austin said:

At the end of the day, I don’t see this as the product of hard feelings, but rather the fact that playing Tech has no real value for Texas, or at the very least it’s far more valuable for Tech than it ever could be for Texas. It does nothing for recruiting, and Texas can find better strategically-based nonconference matchups. The only nonconference team in the state I see Texas playing is Rice to get us a game in Houston on a semi-regular basis (we have DFW covered with OU).

I also think this decision was made a long fucking time ago honestly. But had they not been such petty bitches then maybe we would've been nicer about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm fine with the pettiness but I also would not want to waste an OOC matchup, especially a home and home, on any Big 12 teams. Let's get something new going for the fans to watch at DKR and attend as a nice away game.

• Hook 'Em 5

55 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

😋

"We're the bad guys," the source said. "We're always the bad guys when all we want is what's best for us. Any one of them would have done the same if they had gotten the invite (to the SEC) that we did."

Surly.

Also, this should come as no surprise to Tech, after Texas declined to play aggy after they bitched their way out of the Big XII. And in hindsight, that was a good decision, since I don’t have much confidence that the FYPM Mack Brown/Charlie Strong/Tom Herman era could’ve collectively produced a winning record against aggy.

Forget any hurt feelings. Those will pass as ADs and presidents retire, and regents rotate off. In pure business terms-

why would Texas schedule a home and away with any school in Texas, unless they can guarantee 40k seats for Texas fans? Why?

If Texas plays TCU, TT or Baylor again, in football, the games will be in DKR-TMS or ATT in Arlington. 

Yeah fuck all that noise. I was pissed when we had to give Cougar Hi a good gate this season and also that it didn't look like we'd be able to leave Okie Light in the rear view with a W but that worked itself out. But fuck tech, baylor, tcu et al....

And a special fuck you for Joey McGuire, there ain't shit that runs through Lubbock 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Forget any hurt feelings. Those will pass as ADs and presidents retire, and regents rotate off. In pure business terms-

why would Texas schedule a home and away with any school in Texas, unless they can guarantee 40k seats for Texas fans? Why?

If Texas plays TCU, TT or Baylor again, in football, the games will be in DKR-TMS or ATT in Arlington. 

There is absolutely nothing to gain from playing a school like TCU, Baylor, SMU, Houston, etc. ever again. The only two teams in the B12 that you could make an argument for would be Tech and Ok State, but even then the value is minimal. If we do schedule a B12 team at some point, I could see it being one of the new guys like Utah, UCF, Arizona State, or Colorado. At least there would be some recruiting benefit in doing that. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yeah fuck all that noise. I was pissed when we had to give Cougar Hi a good gate this season and also that it didn't look like we'd be able to leave Okie Light in the rear view with a W but that worked itself out. But fuck tech, baylor, tcu et al....

And a special fuck you for Joey McGuire, there ain't shit that runs through Lubbock 

la-xpm-photo-2012-dec-13-la-sp-sn-tommy-

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Today... 😋

Monday: No Big 12 Teams on Future Schedule

By Bobby Burton       51 minutes ago

It should come as little surprise, but for those thinking that Texas may attempt to rekindle a game with Texas Tech, Baylor, or any other Big 12 team soon, I am told don't hold your breath.

According to a high-ranking university source, the riff between Texas and the Big 12 has not ebbed in recent months, even if it is no longer a major topic within the athletic department.

Brett Yormark's public pre-season comments in Lubbock and those of deputy Big 12 commissioner Tim Weiser on radio row at Big 12 media days still echo in the memories of Texas power brokers. Those words and actions have swayed the current University of Texas athletic leadership to no longer genuinely contemplate playing any former Big 12 school in football or basketball. Not for the foreseeable future.

When Texas (and Oklahoma) first accepted the invitation to move into the SEC, Tech attempted to publicly negotiate an agreement with the Horns to continue playing an annual football game. The Red Raiders can now put those plans in the rear-view mirror.

"It's just not going to happen," the source said of any Big 12 teams on the future schedule in football or basketball. "The Big 12 made their bed."

The attitude of others toward Texas apparently plays a role in that decision.

It feels like Tech did a lot of little things that added up to a big thing. Hocutt's 20 year series bullshit quote, the push, and the tantrum at the Legislature. A case study in how to dissolve a beneficial financial relationship in under 3 years. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

25 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

It feels like Tech did a lot of little things that added up to a big thing. Hocutt's 20 year series bullshit quote, the push, and the tantrum at the Legislature. A case study in how to dissolve a beneficial financial relationship in under 3 years. 

Yep. And they didn’t do anything for us, to assist with our departure from the B12. 

This really should go in the “Left Behind” thread, but a lot of IR8 programs really seemed to have an inflated sense of the relationships’ importance. They got in the habit of “flexing” on Texas, because Texas had to play them, whether it wanted to or not. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

Yep. And they didn’t do anything for us, to assist with our departure from the B12. 

This really should go in the “Left Behind” thread, but a lot of IR8 programs really seemed to have an inflated sense of the relationships’ importance. They got in the habit of “flexing” on Texas, because Texas had to play them, whether it wanted to or not. 

I forgot to mention them trying to reach into UT's pockets on the PUF. Never a good idea to mess with their money. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

I'm fine with the pettiness but I also would not want to waste an OOC matchup, especially a home and home, on any Big 12 teams. Let's get something new going for the fans to watch at DKR and attend as a nice away game.

I’d be fine scheduling tech 2 for 1 in 20 years or something like that. Basically what we used to do with Arkansas. 

59 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I forgot to mention them trying to reach into UT's pockets on the PUF. Never a good idea to mess with their money. 

My god if I have to listen to another Tech fan bitch and moan about how the PUF should “run thru Lubbock” and that they “deserve that west Texas oil money”…gonna lose my shit 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, statsman said:

In the new power 2 landscape we should only be doing home/home with BIG or ACC teams anyhow.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

My god if I have to listen to another Tech fan bitch and moan about how the PUF should “run thru Lubbock” and that they “deserve that west Texas oil money”…gonna lose my shit 

The uninformed see a lot of pump jacks and think the area must be a boomtown. Loving County is 200 miles  southeast of Lubbock. Midland is 120 miles south. 

I can think of a couple companies with decent enhanced recovery operations near Levelland. Nothing in scale or production to what’s south of LBK. 

If Texas Tech University were based in Midland, I’d understand their consternation. The traffic, the roads, temporary workers are a lot to put up with. The only thing they have to put up in Lubbock is getting stuck behind blue hairs on their way to doctor’s appointments. 

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

In the new power 2 landscape we should only be doing home/home with BIG or ACC teams anyhow.

ACC?  No thanks.  FSU or Clemson, okay.  But unless you're talking basketball, nope to the rest of them.

8 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Does diarrhea not count anymore?

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The school that shot themselves in the dick with Leach shot themselves in the dick here.....shocking.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The school that shot themselves in the dick with Leach shot themselves in the dick here.....shocking.  

Just think if Tech hadn't let Craig James (K5H) run Leach out of town maybe he is still there to coach Mahomes instead of Coach sunglass bro...maybe Tech even wins something of consequence for the first time ever in that alternate universe...

1 hour ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Just think if Tech hadn't let Craig James (K5H) run Leach out of town maybe he is still there to coach Mahomes instead of Coach sunglass bro...maybe Tech even wins something of consequence for the first time ever in that alternate universe...

Why did Craig kill those poor hookers?

Yormark was/is terrible. One of the biggest parts of being a commissioner is public relations. What he did was unprofessional, classless, and embarrassing.

I hope he gets raped by a Baylor football player and the conference misses the 12 team playoff every year.

I'll be around in the same places I am now.  Off topic shit (that's the real hook here anyway) and any sports topics that may arise about the Big 12 games or teams or controversies or whatever (and I assume there will be less of that going forward).  I'm not going to comment on UT sports or SEC stuff, but I don't really do that anyhow.  Don't follow any of that close enough.
Posters like yourself help this place avoid the echo chamber circle jerk of places like texaggy.com and such. Always welcome imo
  • Hook 'Em 9

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

We're the bad guys," the source said. "We're always the bad guys when all we want is what's best for us. Any one of them would have done the same if they had gotten the invite (to the SEC) that we did."

Interesting. Not sure I recall hearing that the SEC initially reached out to Texas or it was the other way around.  Don’t believe I’ve heard that before.