Grift: Project Veritas and O'Keefe

Nice Guy Eddie

He was ousted from Project Veritas in February but audit details of his grift are finally coming out.  Veritas was his personal bank account so he could live it up.

• In August 2022, James O’Keefe needed to get to Maine for a sailing trip. Rather than take a commercial flight for roughly $200, the conservative undercover-video activist directed his employees to book a $12,000 helicopter flight direct from New York to the seaside town of Southwest Harbor, using funds donated to Project Veritas...
  • When bad weather forced the helicopter to make an unscheduled landing in Portland, O’Keefe booked a $1,400 black car for the three-hour drive from the helipad to the sailboat.
  • There was $208,980 worth of luxury black-car travel over a two-year period. There was a $600 haul of bottled water during one hotel stay in San Antonio. There was even a $2,500 set of DJ equipment. O'Keefe styled himself as a DJ who aspired to headline at Coachella.
  • O'Keefe was in a play in Virginia, so Project Veritas spent $20K to temporarily move operations to VA to accommodate him.
  • His reality TV girlfriend was in CA, so he pressed everyone to find reasons that he needed to be in CA so Veritas could cover his expenses to visit her
  • In another incident, O’Keefe allegedly demanded employees buy her [girlfriend] what Project Veritas executives described to auditors as “many expensive bottles of tequila.”

Good summary from the current leader of Veritas:

“If you’re Bobby Axelrod from ‘Billions,’ it’s fine to live like that,” Giles said in an interview with The Post. “When you’re paying your bills from a little old lady’s Social Security checks, we’re going to have problems.”

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

23 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Th fact that he secretly wants to be famous in mainstream entertainment - buying dj equipment and hoping to perform at Coachella, acting in plays, dating someone with a Netflix reality show - is the best and second least surprising part (behind the grifting part).

Dana Loesch kept trying to pitch herself to Hollywood.  Tucker Carlson went through 3 different “aspiring normal journalist” iterations before resigning himself to selling racism and quack medicine.  There is nothing these anti-mainstream media people want more than to be accepted and famous in the cool mainstream pop culture.  Their whole careers are kind of just lashing out because they’re mad that they aren’t.  

This....cannot be repeated enough.

These people...fucking ALL of them...are socially defective losers who 1) desperately want to be loved in spite of being the most unlikeable humans around, and then 2) lash out with anger and cruelty to cause pain on everyone else on earth because they aren't getting what they want in item 1).

Simple way to understand it: they're all (metaphorically...although some are actually) fat, ugly losers with B.O. and greasy hair living in their mother's basement, mad that they can't get the prom queen to have sex with them, and blaming everyone else in the world for their failure instead of getting a haircut, taking a shower, eating something other than Cheetos, and learning how to interact with other adult human beings. 

They're fucking losers.  Always have been, always will be.  Tucker fucking Carlson had every advantage.  He could have been successful with the broad scope of humanity.  But what held him back is that, at his core, he's a fucking loser tool.  Money can't fix that.  Nothing can, Tucker.  You will die a fucking loser.

• Hook 'Em 4

42 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Th fact that he secretly wants to be famous in mainstream entertainment - buying dj equipment and hoping to perform at Coachella, acting in plays, dating someone with a Netflix reality show - is the best and second least surprising part (behind the grifting part).

Dana Loesch kept trying to pitch herself to Hollywood.  Tucker Carlson went through 3 different “aspiring normal journalist” iterations before resigning himself to selling racism and quack medicine.  There is nothing these anti-mainstream media people want more than to be accepted and famous in the cool mainstream pop culture.  Their whole careers are kind of just lashing out because they’re mad that they aren’t.  

Look how many of them are absolutely whining about not being able to get Hollywood roles. You know, the same Hollywood they demonize as being run by crazy librool pedophile Jews.

Sorbo, Chachi, Gina Cannoli 

Edited by Js1

what ever happened to those other two project Veritas losers that used to hold "press conferences" in front of their condo to tease some UNBELIEVABLE SCANDAL that never seemed to materialize? Didn't they get bitch slapped by the courts over something? I think maybe the pretty boy actually spent a couple days in jail over something they did. 

Edited by Pescado_Rojo

55 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

what ever happened to those other two project Veritas losers that used to hold "press conferences" in front of their condo to tease some UNBELIEVABLE SCANDAL that never seemed to materialize? Didn't they get bitch slapped by the courts over something? I think maybe the pretty boy actually spent a couple days in jail over something they did. 

I remember that, but I can't remember the guys name.  I wish I could find it.  Found this instead (looks like O'Keefe was pissing away the Koch Brother's money, so I'm cool with it):

Project Veritas, a hybrid of an opposition research shop and a ranting YouTube channel, has taken pride in its ability to deceive since its creation in 2010. With conservative backers like Peter Thiel, the Koch brothers, and the Trump Foundation, the group and its founder James O’Keefe have worked relentlessly to target and malign individuals at institutions they deem leftist, whether it’s Planned Parenthood (reportedly targeted by O’Keefe posing as a young teen’s 23-year-old boyfriend), George Soros (the progressive philanthropist whose professional circle Veritas tried and spectacularly failed to infiltrate), or the Washington Post (whose reporter was offered a fake story on Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore). O’Keefe has long attempted to position himself in the context of dogged, daring, traditional journalism, describing Veritas’s efforts as “investigative” reporting executed by “undercover journalists.” But his efforts are often executed by what the New Yorker has called “amateurish spies” — their efforts against the Post and Soros resembled a Three Stooges bit — and packaged with mendacious editing, duplicitous production, and outright lying, making Veritas’s audience as much a victim of its productions as the subjects. Debates over who or what is to be considered “real journalism” are almost always counterproductive and contrived, but Veritas stands out for the shamelessness with which it pursues nakedly partisan ends.

21 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Just like a big fat orange shitgibbon we know.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

22 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I remember that, but I can't remember the guys name.  I wish I could find it.  Found this instead (looks like O'Keefe was pissing away the Koch Brother's money, so I'm cool with it):

Project Veritas, a hybrid of an opposition research shop and a ranting YouTube channel, has taken pride in its ability to deceive since its creation in 2010. With conservative backers like Peter Thiel, the Koch brothers, and the Trump Foundation, the group and its founder James O’Keefe have worked relentlessly to target and malign individuals at institutions they deem leftist, whether it’s Planned Parenthood (reportedly targeted by O’Keefe posing as a young teen’s 23-year-old boyfriend), George Soros (the progressive philanthropist whose professional circle Veritas tried and spectacularly failed to infiltrate), or the Washington Post (whose reporter was offered a fake story on Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore). O’Keefe has long attempted to position himself in the context of dogged, daring, traditional journalism, describing Veritas’s efforts as “investigative” reporting executed by “undercover journalists.” But his efforts are often executed by what the New Yorker has called “amateurish spies” — their efforts against the Post and Soros resembled a Three Stooges bit — and packaged with mendacious editing, duplicitous production, and outright lying, making Veritas’s audience as much a victim of its productions as the subjects. Debates over who or what is to be considered “real journalism” are almost always counterproductive and contrived, but Veritas stands out for the shamelessness with which it pursues nakedly partisan ends.

Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman. These dudes fucked around and found out. They ran robocalls in several battleground states telling people not to vote by mail. They got hit with a $5M fine by the FCC, 500 hrs of community service in Ohio, and are facing felony charges in Michigan and have been charged federally with violating the Klu Klux Klan Act. 

The robocalls in question reportedly said, “Hi, this is Tamika Taylor from Project 1599, the civil rights organization founded by Jack Burman and Jacob Wohl. Mail-in voting sounds great, but did you know that if you vote by mail, your personal information will be part of a public database that will be used by police departments to track down old warrants and be used by credit card companies to collect outstanding debts? The CDC is even pushing to use records for mail-in voting to track people for mandatory vaccines. Don’t be finessed into giving your private information to the man, stay home safe and beware of vote by mail.”

Fucked around and found out

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/6/2023 at 5:26 PM, Brisketexan said:

These people...fucking ALL of them...are socially defective losers who 1) desperately want to be loved in spite of being the most unlikeable humans around, and then 2) lash out with anger and cruelty to cause pain on everyone else on earth because they aren't getting what they want in item 1).

That's a little long for a surly motto, but I think we can work it in. 

• 3 months later...

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/11/media/project-veritas-hannah-giles-quits/index.html

Hannah Giles, the chief executive of Project Veritas, said Monday she has stepped down from her role at the right-wing group “effective immediately,” after discovering evidence that the organization has engaged in “past illegalities.”

“Though I had high hopes when I joined the organizations, I stepped into an unsalvageable mess — one wrought with strong evidence of past illegality and past financial improprieties,” Giles wrote in a post on X. “Once such evidence was discovered, I brought the information to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.”

Project Veritas did not immediately respond to a CNN request for comment.

The right-wing group, which was created by James O’Keefe in 2010, is known for its selectively edited undercover sting videos that target journalists and progressive groups, including CNN and The New York Times. The edited videos published by Project Veritas often champion disinformation and conspiracy theories — and have been further circulated by Fox News and other right-wing media organizations to help grow the group’s sphere of influence.

Giles was appointed to the top job in June 2023, four months after the organization’s previous chief executive, O’Keefe, was ousted from the group.

The removal of O’Keefe from the nonprofit organization that he founded came after an internal memo signed by members of the staff and presented to the group’s board alleged that O’Keefe was “outright cruel” to his employees. Project Veritas later said James “spent an excessive amount of donor funds” on “personal luxuries,” including $150,000 in black car services and a chartered flight.

In August, the Westchester County, New York, district attorney’s office announced it was investigating the allegations against O’Keefe.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 9/6/2023 at 5:40 PM, Js1 said:

Look how many of them are absolutely whining about not being able to get Hollywood roles. You know, the same Hollywood they demonize as being run by crazy librool pedophile Jews.

Sorbo, Chachi, Gina Cannoli 

This also explains all those students that didn't get accepted by U.T. and ended up in college station.

• 1 month later...