Week 3 2023: Wyoming @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

14 hours ago, Born to Run said:
15 hours ago, Dahobbs said:
Uber/Lyft. 

Sorry; 16 year old. If he was 18 they could all pile in an Uber, or better yet figure out themselves.

No uber or lyft driver trying to make a living is going to care about a few 16 year old guys. You just have to order it for them. 

If you're afraid of "breaking" the rules you could always drop them off yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Internet buzz from random Wyoming people says Presley isn’t playing. Which means he’ll start and be more mobile and athletic than ever before.  

We're turbo fucked. Wyoming 41 Tx 24. Note for our special people: this is sarcasm.

Edited by jw4381
  • Haha 4

I’m not from Missouri, but I am firmly in “Show Me” mode post-Alabama.  Lose 3 or 4 on the remaining Big XII + Wyoming schedule because of motivational issues and the Bama win will mean absolutely nothing.  Yes, that’s decade plus of caution born of futility speaking, but we’ve seen it before (even last year) so as impressed as I was with The Horns in Tuscaloosa last week, I need to see more.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

I’m not from Missouri, but I am firmly in “Show Me” mode post-Alabama.  Lose 3 or 4 on the remaining Big XII + Wyoming schedule because of motivational issues and the Bama win will mean absolutely nothing.  Yes, that’s decade plus of caution born of futility speaking, but we’ve seen it before (even last year) so as impressed as I was with The Horns in Tuscaloosa last week, I need to see more.  

Last year you saw Texas lose on the road with a backup QB, an injured Worthy, and a fumble from a guy who never fumbles. And a flawless “penalty-free” game from Oklahoma State with a TD called back in an 18 vs. 11 game. 

But, yeah, losing 3 or 4 in conference would definitely take the shine off beating Alabama. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Baxter a game time decision; anyone hear if this is an aggravation of the Rice injury or something new from last game?

Mild calf sprain. If this was Bama today or a conference title game/playoff he would most likely play. Since Wyoming at home word is he's out and will reevaluate during the week for Baylor next week. 

1 hour ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

The irony of a handle like this, recalling a play where Texas truly let its nuts hung, making this kind of post from the fetal position is absolute gold. Get a fucking grip.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I currently use YouTube TV for the little live TV which our household watches. To watch the game today, I also signed up for Sling TV Orange  + Sportspack, which sent me back 20 + 11 = $31 for a month of Sling TV. If I recall correctly, even back in the 90s, that's around what "pay-per-view" would cost you :D . I am just happy that I don't have to worry about not being able to watch tonight. I just have to remember to cancel SlingTV (but might keep it just for the basketball season). LOL, if you're thinking about this too, Texas-Bama 2023 is on right now on LHN.

This place will melt down regardless of the score.
I would expect nothing less. There will be a missed block somewhere, and that's totally against surly religion!

I gotta say, last week even when Bama answered our scores, stopped us on 4th and even briefly took the lead...I was never truly concerned and believed we would win. Of course it could have been my early start with the beer and not switching to bourbon until late 4th quarter, but it was a good feeling that I haven't had in a while.

7 minutes ago, ousux said:

I would expect nothing less. There will be a missed block somewhere, and that's totally against surly religion!

I gotta say, last week even when Bama answered our scores, stopped us on 4th and even briefly took the lead...I was never truly concerned and believed we would win. Of course it could have been my early start with the beer and not switching to bourbon until late 4th quarter, but it was a good feeling that I haven't had in a while.

What, never?

9 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Yes. On Android. App will work for a few minutes then nothing. Reboot doesn't fix it. Uninstalling the app and reinstalling and it does the same thing. Works about 5 minutes then nothing. 

yep I'm on android also. luckily I downloaded the tix this morning to my wallet.  I want to sell one and transfer one but I can't because the fucking app won't work.  Can't we just get paper tickets?  fucking Bellmont.

7 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

I hope The Horns are taking note about what’s happening in that Florida State v BC game.  Take your opponent likely, get your butts beat…..

It was on the road so was going to be tougher but this day has had some upsets and close games that were expected to be blowouts. We better come ready because it's in the air. 

Wyoming boards seem to think Peasley was out. 

https://wyonation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25035

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:
I checked out of this thread but who are these potential starters that might be out? 

Key starters for who? Baxter is the only one I'm aware of.

That's a Wyoming reporter. It's Wyoming related. 

5 minutes ago, Atticus said:

They would be foolish to get their Sam Ehlinger hurt in this game they don't have much of a chance of winning. Build some depth, collect your check for the school, don't mess up your chances at the Mountain West title/decent bowl game.

OTOH, this is their coach's best opportunity this year to increase his own national profile. Playing Texas tough at the expense of the rest if the schedule probably gets him a meeting with Baylor's AD more than 9-3 with a trip to the Fort Worth Bowl