2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

belichek is full hubris and knows he needs to win a SB without brady 

No one is winning s Superbowl in Dallas with the Jones family running things, it's proven. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Cowboys were totally outcoached. In every way. For 60 minutes. 

Jones has complete control over every aspect of the team. He demands absolute control so he gets 💯% of the credit when they win a Super Bowl. It has grinded his gears for 28 years that Johnson gets the bulk of the credit for the early 90's success.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

belichek is full hubris and knows he needs to win a SB without brady 

belichek wants to do thing like not pay RB's any real money, pay WR's as little as possible unless they are game changers, draft DL that aren't fat tubs of goo...you know stuff real GM's do.  He aint coming within 1000 miles of Jerruh and his GM wizardry.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It was Jerry who saddled us with this loser QB. Had he cut Dickwad loose instead of throwing money at him, we might have one of any number of exciting QBs playing the game today. The Dak/Fat Mike combo keeps our draft position down and then disintegrates come playoff time. Lazy is probably the best word to describe both. 

Could Dak be salvageable wit a good Coach? Maybe, but I don't think he's worth it. Have a long talk with the jackass. Stay in Dallas and make less, or go out on the market and make less. Move on. Fresh coach, fresh talent ala 3-13 Houston last year.

This team wasn't prepared today. It was the same old same old. Lazy Motherfuckers. White Trash Embarrassment.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Like 1

I was a child of the 70s so everybody was on the Cowboys bandwagon back then. Me and a very few others rocked the Oilers letter jacket. As someone much smarter than me said before Fort Worth is where the west starts and Dallas is where the east peters out. Fuck 'em. Even though they're actually in Arlington which I don't hate

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It appears that Dak has reached the final stage of grief - Acceptance 

Dude is Romo 2.0, and this is coming from one of the biggest Romosexuals around. I’m delusional and think that the best coach Romo had was Big Tuna and the better version of that is Belichick

Our offense going back to the Garrett era when he took over the offense in 2007 has been the exact same. The same boring out routes and comeback routes. Every route is unrelated to the others, no rub routes, slants, deception. The same boring shit over and over. It all relies on each man beating their defender. And if that doesn't work, it can look extremely bad. which is why our success is usually based on feasting on lesser opponents. Doesn't translate once they play good talent. This has been talked about forever now from opponents and former players. Just how predictable and easy to plan for this offense is.

Our playoff wins going back to the Garrett era is a very weak McNabb led Eagles team that was on its way from disbanding, a very meh Lions team, a Seahawks team with a washed up Russell Wilson, then a losing record Bucs team in a year where Brady was just going through the motions. None of those teams were of any quality and we always go exposed the very next week when the opponent talent level increased.

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

*when* McCarthy gets fired it will be fun for a minute tricking ourselves into believing we will hire a good coach (I mean Bellicheck is still available) but we’ll end up with Frank Reich

I've been waiting for some poor team to hire Bill O'brien. 

Ever fucking year is the same and every fucking year I fall for it. I was able to break up with the Oilers after 35-3, why can't I break up with the Cowboys?

And I know somehow, despite looking like an Unbeatable Future Brady 2.0 Hall of Fame Lock today, Love is going to play like complete shit next week. Just like Washington did against Michigan after their win over Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Dude is Romo 2.0, and this is coming from one of the biggest Romosexuals around. I’m delusional and think that the best coach Romo had was Big Tuna and the better version of that is Belichick

Black Romo, been saying it for years 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Paper_jam said:

And I know somehow, despite looking like an Unbeatable Future Brady 2.0 Hall of Fame Lock today, Love is going to play like complete shit next week. Just like Washington did against Michigan after their win over Texas.

Or the Giants after beating the Vikings last year 

8 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

This is a red herring. The OL is subpar and Pollard is remarkably average. 

I mean this is true but it's been going on well before this year. Where is the quick reads and quicker developing routes to let our guys make some moves in the open field? Seemingly all of our routes bring our guys back to the QB and to the sidelines. And so many of our plays, even in short yardage needed, is slow developing, deeper down the field routes that take way too long. Couple that with a weaker OL and a recipe for disaster. Both of Dak's picks today were on a comeback and an out route. Those are timing based routes and if the defense keys on this early because you do it so often, turnovers happen. You also need more of a hard, rifle it in there throw to not allow defenses to jump these so east. Dak has never been this type of passer. His throws are softer and slow. Those are the worst you can have for those routes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

Ever fucking year is the same and every fucking year I fall for it. I was able to break up with the Oilers after 35-3, why can't I break up with the Cowboys?

Absolutely. SF is licking their chops for Green Bay. I envision a Eagles/Giants game from last year in the divisional round. Giants overachieved, Daniel Jones looked really good against a Vikings team who chokes about as much as Dallas does in the playoffs. Then shit the bed against a much better Eagles team.

SF is going to dominate GB up front. Love is going to get pressure and hit all game. SF is also not going to be playing soft. They are going to get physical with their WRs and Love is going to have to fit the ball in tight windows. They are going to be pushed off the route pattern. Dallas constantly gave GB 8-10yds cushion. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I've resigned myself to Dak fucking up a certain number of times so I was prepared for that. But the defense today, was something I will have nightmares about. Love had so, so much time to survey the field. And so many completely open receivers. And mostly perfect accuracy. And those GB receivers, did they even have any drops? It was like Dallas didn't even have a defense on the field.

And I thought Love was supposed to be a confirmed bust of a pick, at least that's what everyone said earlier this year.

4 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

I've resigned myself to Dak fucking up a certain number of times so I was prepared for that. But the defense today, was something I will have nightmares about. Love had so, so much time to survey the field. And so many completely open receivers. And mostly perfect accuracy. And those GB receivers, did they even have any drops? It was like Dallas didn't even have a defense on the field.

And I thought Love was supposed to be a confirmed bust of a pick, at least that's what everyone said earlier this year.

Don't worry, 49rs will be blowing them out by 21 points next week he will look like shit and Aaron Jones will probably get hurt and sit out at some point. 

37 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

At least Romo was likable. Everything Dak does annoys the shit out of be. Especially the “here we go” schtick and the stupid pregame stretches he does.

Exactly what was likable about Romo? He was a self absorbed clown and played like one when it mattered most. And is an even worse announcer. For whatever reason, the mystique of Romo has grown since he retired. Because in real time as his career unfolded, at no point did he ever show he could take it to the next level. Like Dak, he showed it in spurts. Both could fill up a stat sheet during the regular season. Both were exposed come playoff time.

• Hook 'Em 2