Texas vs. Wyoming - Game 3 - 7pm on (for the last time) LHN

Pancho

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I just don't get how Sark can call an incredible game against Alabama and then turns in this shitfest. Stop outthinking yourself. Just run the fucking ball and stop forcing Quinn to do things we he doesn't have it. 

A lot of that, probably most of it, is on the quarterback.  These are all options by Quinn, and his decision making was pretty bad that half.   Maybe Sark needs to just take some control away from him.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

When your players execute, the calls look a lot better.

And failure to execute puts us behind the chains, leading to more desperate/pass calls and more poor execution.

Okay, so when they're obviously not executing stop calling plays for them. Just run the f'ing ball. That was working just fine for our only TD. 

1 minute ago, ousux said:
12 minutes ago, mdmost said:
There are times I just don't get Sark at all. 

This isnt really on Sarks playcalling, but he needs to get shit sorted with Quinn and the recievers.

Drops aren't on Quinn, he hit them right in the hands on numerous drives.

Also an egregious non-called PI didn't help any.

Just now, ztejas said:

I mean you still have to pass. It's sort of a major issue if you're playcaller doesn't know whether he can trust his QB or not. 

He's throwing too much and not running enough. Settle your QB with a balanced offense that doesn't get behind the chains early. 

1 minute ago, ousux said:
13 minutes ago, mdmost said:
There are times I just don't get Sark at all. 

This isnt really on Sarks playcalling, but he needs to get shit sorted with Quinn and the recievers.

its like they had a mind merge last week and unmerged today.

ewers  has badly overthrown worthy twice today, but then, our other WRs have dropped 4 fucking balls that hit them dead in the hands. 

so when ewers is acurate, they drop it. when hes innacurate, the ball isnt anywhere near them.... its a bad combo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Slacks said:

He's throwing too much and not running enough. Settle your QB with a balanced offense that doesn't get behind the chains early. 

Sark is choosing to throw the ball because he's trying to trust the guy in the pocket. Quinn is shitting the bed right now. He's been terrible. He isn't facing serious pressure or adversity and can't hit anyone in the hands. How does running the ball suddenly unfuck your QB? He's missing easy plays where he has plenty of time to throw. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

You’re a fucking idiot. Are you even watching this game? Haven’t grown one yet.

i know you claim to be off the sauce, but our 2nd drive when we had the ball at the 20 after getting a first, ewers overthrew sanders out of the endzone.   thats considered a long pass. i.e. bomb

Edited by AUS-97HORN

its like they had a mind merge last week and unmerged today.
ewers  has badly overthrown worthy twice today, but then, our other WRs have dropped 4 fucking balls that hit them dead in the hands. 
so when ewers is acurate, they drop it. when hes innacurate, the ball isnt anywhere near them.... its a bad combo. 
Exactly. I get that ultimately everything is on the head corch, but the playcalling isnt the real issue. I think many of our players got rat poisoned during the week.

Wyoming isn't a complete cupcake, but they aren't good either.  What in the absolute F is going on with this team?  I expected them to come out flat after the big win, because that's what Texas does, but I didn't expect it to last the entire 1st half.  Ewers sucks, the WRs are dropping balls...everybody is playing terrible.

4 minutes ago, SameSame said:

A lot of that, probably most of it, is on the quarterback.  These are all options by Quinn, and his decision making was pretty bad that half.   Maybe Sark needs to just take some control away from him.

That I agree with. Like the pass to Whitt. That was a terrible side arm pass. Brooks has been good. Just give him more touches and see what happens. Some nights Quinn won't have it so stop putting it all on him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

What the fuck are you talking about? What game are some of you watching? I've seen one bad drop tonight - the Cook screen. 

He's trying to get Ewers to settle down with short passes but the drops aren't helping and it causes Ewers to try to do too much and he then overthrows an open receiver or two. If he can the QB and WRs to start connecting, then it makes the running game much better. He's going to have to keep throwing until it either starts working or he has no choice but to try to run out the clock and get out with a W.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i know you claim to be off the sauce, but our 2nd drive when we had the ball at the 20 after getting a first, ewers overthrew sanders out of the endzone.   thats considered a long pass. i.e. bomb

Then under threw him on another TD play. Erratic at best.

• Pancho unpinned this topic