Texas vs. Wyoming - Game 3 - 7pm on (for the last time) LHN

Pancho

17 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Good win, but we cannot be looking like dogshit for three quarters against ou or Okie Lite.  We'll get our asses handed to us.  Hope we step it up in conference play.

Okie lite just lost to South Alabama by 26 points. And then there's the pesky fact that we don't play okie pokie this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

We lost TOP 39 - 21 minutes and held them to 10. Good job on the defense.

This is also why I think we should be playing with much more tempo on offense. 

We are playing 2 to 3 deep on defense without any substantial drop-off defensively with 2nd stringers. I don't think this team is going to wear down due to TOP. We are playing a huge amount of players on D. 

We are way too methodical on offense at times when I don't think we really need to be protecting the D. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Climax said:

At my camp since Thursday, did not watch game but tracked it through the ESPN site. I’m sure there has been some harry bleeding vaginas spewing on here. Good win Horns, this game had fucking cheeses written all over it. We have lost this game more times than not the past 13 years.

To Wyoming? No. It’s not maryland

• Like 1

Would have liked for Sark to utilize the run game earlier and get Robinson involved more when running tempo. It’s obvious Ewers needs to find his groove early and wrs dropping screens and online false starts didn’t help. Then again, it shouldn’t be hard to hit Worthy wide open 12 yards down the field. Nice win, learn from it and burn the tape. Now let’s go beat the shit out of Baylor! 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is also why I think we should be playing with much more tempo on offense. 

We are playing 2 to 3 deep on defense without any substantial drop-off defensively with 2nd stringers. I don't think this team is going to wear down due to TOP. We are playing a huge amount of players on D. 

We are way too methodical on offense at times when I don't think we really need to be protecting the D. 

TOP has been a huge problem in almost every game we’ve struggled under Sark. 

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I swear the next person that says it was an ugly win needs to be pistol whipped. 5-7, 8-5 to we should win every game beautifully and just shit stomp people. Most of you mother fuckers wanted to fire PK and sark. Be. Happy. With. The. Fucking. Win. 
Happy Gilmore GIF

Username and shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I swear the next person that says it was an ugly win needs to be pistol whipped. 5-7, 8-5 to we should win every game beautifully and just shit stomp people. Most of you mother fuckers wanted to fire PK and sark. Be. Happy. With. The. Fucking. Win.

User ID checks out ...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

TOP has been a huge problem in almost every game we’ve struggled under Sark. 

Are you considering TOP an issue in this game? 

I don't see it. Wyoming could have had the ball for 45 minutes but they weren't scoring. The issue was that in the 21 minutes we had the ball on offense we didn't do jack shit for the most part. 

The root of the problem tonight wasn't because Wyoming controlled TOP 39-21 it's because our offense sucked. IMO, Ewers is much better with tempo because it eliminates all the thinking and just allows him to sling it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I think games like this produce a lot of growth. This was a solid team we played. They bloodied our noses and we responded. And we have a ton to work on during the week. But still won. 

Much better than playing Prairie View or Texas State. 

I bet Baylor wishes they had played Prairie View instead of Texas State. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Waking up is hard for some but beating crooked refs is a very real problem going forward in conference play. They have a license to kill, and full immunity apparently as the league gives zero billion fucks .

yeah it's been an issue and getting worse and worse

No idea what to do because exposing them doesn't really mean much

Everyone knows the situation and the conference doesn't have much value or integrity once Texas leaves so it seems like nobody will even care.

Besides Colorado the big 12 future looks fucking grim

35 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

In no way saying on this level but weird shit happens in week 3 and 4.  Survive, advance, improve

image.thumb.png.749a585fe58f1abae1135667ece8e952.png

Hope this makes you degenerates feel better. I was at this game last year for parents weekend.  GA fucked around for 3 quarters and dropped the hammer in the 4th. Late in the 3rd I thought they might lose. Nope. They went off.

I knew we were gonna have Bama hangover, but damn. It happens to the best of them.

Hook'em 

• Hook 'Em 2