This team is scary good

ztejas

Not only are we a good team - good defense, playmakers all over the field on offense, depth - I haven't seen another dominant team in CFB this season.  SC, Michigan, OSU, Georgia? They've all looked vulnerable.  This might be the type of year where you don't need to be a god-like team to win it all.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Many of Bama’s games during their decade of dominance were just like tonight’s game. People expected a blow out every week, but that rarely happened. Bama played very vanilla. Always in control. And games were often close late into the 3rd… and then….
Score. Turnover. Score.
Suddenly they just wear your ass out ‘cause they are way better than you.
38-14
40-17
35-10
Get used to it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

On 9/30/2023 at 10:05 PM, Gil Bang said:

not enough toothless fat women in the stands. 

OU looks SEC ready, but not Texas.

A buddy of mine that is high up in restaurants told me that in their restaurant chain they have to keep two people manning the salad assembly station in their west coast locations, but only one in their locations in Texas and the south. I laughed pretty hard at that.

Gun to my head why should I like anyone other than us to win it this season? 

Let OU have their little pizza and ice-cream cake party. We aren't losing until the B12 title game and those fucks aren't beating us twice.

UH in two weeks is so fucking fucked I think that the networks should require parental approval to watch that game.

OU just got our attention to the likely detriment of the rest of the country.

This team fucks. Run it and beat the meth heads in Arlington.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Let OU have their little pizza and ice-cream cake party. We aren't losing until the B12 title game and those fucks aren't beating us twice.

UH in two weeks is so fucking fucked I think that the networks should require parental approval to watch that game.

Best one loss team in the nation?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/16/2023 at 10:34 PM, ztejas said:

The way they just turned it on and blew Wyoming's doors off in the 4th was special. That's stuff that we've watched Georgia do the past couple seasons. 

(but) We need to show up tighter and execute better to start games. I think we can do that. I'm Quinn's first critic because I think at the end of the day the QB matters almost as much as the coach does. But I have faith that he can figure it out. 

We are scary good when it's clicking. We need to work on being that good almost all the time. 

I think this is going to be a fun season. 

You dumb scrub lol. Go drink more 

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

We play up and focused against bama and down to lesser teams. ou is good but not great and playing down to them bit us in the ass finally. I fully expect us to win out but I also fully expect us to play down to whoever we play because that’s what we do.  We’re far from “scary good”. Lmao.

OU came out like their hair was on fire and Texas came out looking to “have fun”.   At some point this team has to act and play angry.   That comes from the top.   The mention of QE seeing a shrink and fears of failure also don’t install confidence 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I guess we are done with the 05 comps?

Yeah but position group by position group or some such nonsense. Brooks would be a nice backup rb. Worthy would be 3rd receiver. Maybe Sanders but thomas was a better blocker.

College football has a lot of parity right now.   A few really good (but not great) teams, some pretty good teams, garden variety good teams and then everyone else.   

No dominant odds on fave for the MNC.  A few so far undefeateds folowed byvone loss teams that can beat any of them.    

We are in the pretty good section.  

We got beat.  Time to move on.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I think Georgia is still clearly the class of CFP and it isn't particularly close.  So far they are running their 2022 script back to perfection.  A few dick around games and then get into October and start putting the hammer down as they did yesterday.  Just like last year.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Can we now stop comparing this team to any mack brown team please. This team would probably lose to the team that rolled uga.

I would actually love to see a simulation of this team vs the 2018 squad.

2018 team had some decent dudes on defense: Omenihu, Gary Johnson, Brandon Jones, Sterns, Locke III, D. Davis, and an athletic but undisciplined Boyd. (Also a young Ossai getting some snaps.

Offensive line was solid: Calvin Anderson, Cosmi, and a bunch of Seniors from Charlie’s classes.

I think that Sam would light up PK’s defense with LHJ and Dev Duv grabbing 50/50 balls. Sam would also get yards on the ground. 

On the other side, the tite front would slow down our run game up the middle, but that defense had a hard time setting the edge. Ewers would be a wildcard: If Gary Johnson gets to him, he probably gets cracked. If not, Worthy and AD burn Boyd and Co. 

10 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

We were 10-10 against Wyoming without their QB going into the 4th quarter, 20-14 late in the 3rd against KU without their QB, and we slept through the first half against Rice.  This is our best and most talented team since 2009, but it was never really looking like a dominant scary good team.  Mack probably had 5 better teams (05, 08, 09, 04, and 01).  

This feels kind of like 2000, 2002, or 2003 Mack teams.  There is a lot talent and some stars.  But we are also still young in places, still have some less talented guys in places, and some of the coaching seems like an issue at times.  

We aren’t really going to be scary good until we have prime upperclassmen NFL prospects across both lines and a stud QB.  You need to be able to run on teams at will on offense and cause havoc on defense with just a 4 man rush to be scary good.  We run all over the middling teams, but we’re not there yet against the good opponents.  We actually have the QB, but 3 turnovers and 1 TD obviously isn’t the best result.  But we should have been able to score more during his 23/24 hot streak, and the fact that we didn’t finish more drives during that part of the game wasn’t his fault.  

I thought the DL might have been getting to that elite level based on the Bama game, but OU handled our DL better than I anticipated.  Part of it is Gabriel being a mobile QB, but a big part of it was our edge rushers getting owned.  Anthony Hill just trying to chase people down with speed and hustle shouldn’t really be our best edge pass rushing option, but it was today. 

this.  people drank too much coolaid.  this is a possibly decent to good team, but not world beaters.  people glossed over a lot of major red flags 

just fucking sucks OU is already better than us in year 2 under their new coach.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ztejas said:

I still don't trust the "mindset" of this group. I could see them being unfocused/unmotivated in Fort Worth or a let down against a Texas Tech that will throw the kitchen sink at Texas to win their last game against the horns. Texas hasn't won 11 games in 13 years..... 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

this.  people drank too much coolaid.  this is a possibly decent to good team, but not world beaters.  people glossed over a lot of major red flags 

just fucking sucks OU is already better than us in year 2 under their new coach.

I’ve seen 3-5 “we are a better football team than OU” posts after watching BOTH lines get fucking BEAT up and down the field yesterday.

We aren’t better.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, futureman said:

Lulz

Lulz

Lulz.  Mitchell maybe

Hey Futureman, I’m quite drunk but why the fuck don’t you have any flair? I mean even I have at least threefiddy as a spare poster. I enjoy your stick but come on dude, contribute more than just a contrarian dipshit huh? Enjoy your viewpoints either way but get your shit together dude. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

They aren't better they suck

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

STFU, played three times, five times, eight times, whatever-- OU isn't winning even half of those games.  This year, that game, defined a fluke win.  They're not a better team than us, head to head.  It's out of my control, but Texas needs to run the table to play them again AND throw more of the roster against them to overcome the inevitible officiating fuckery.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dilligas said:

Hey Futureman, I’m quite drunk but why the fuck don’t you have any flair? I mean even I have at least threefiddy as a spare poster. I enjoy your stick but come on dude, contribute more than just a contrarian dipshit huh? Enjoy your viewpoints either way but get your shit together dude. 

You get a laugh rep.  Next time you quote that tool you’ll get a neg