Week 4, 2023: Texas @ Baylor

Wulaw Horn

35 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I lost my college virginity in a study lounge on the 8th floor of Jester West many years ago. We figured out how to lock the study lounge doors from the inside so we could have privacy if our roommates were home. I've written a lot of poetry about that night. A lot. I'm not sure if you can handle it. I'm posting all of it in this thread if Texas loses to Baylor. Govern yourself accordingly. 

Well now I'm conflicted. Because I sure as hell don't want us to lose to Baylor, but I do kinda want to read poems about Jester West study lounge sex. Sounds hot.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

Well now I'm conflicted. Because I sure as hell don't want us to lose to Baylor, but I do kinda want to read poems about Jester West study lounge sex. Sounds hot.  

I stayed in Jester during orientation and used the study lounges on our floor both nights with random hot new fellow female students. Can't remember their names but that part can be made up if you'd like some Dear Penthouse level escapades, I can give it a whirl without even needing to lose to Baylor. The danger with @Josef Pwag is that we have no concept of the level of the depths he took his depravity to with those dudes on that inaugural night. NTTIAWWT.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I feel like this means Texas will see a lot of screens and quick passes behind the LOS.

We should be so lucky. I'm not sure trying to beat Texas going east and west is going to be a winner for any team left on the schedule. USC, Bama, Washington, Ohio State and Georgia have comparable team speed. Baylor? Less so.

Just now, closetojumping said:

We should be so lucky. I'm not sure trying to beat Texas going east and west is going to be a winner for any team left on the schedule. USC, Bama, Washington, Ohio State and Georgia have comparable team speed. Baylor? Less so.

I’m just going with the “they showed us a lot of stuff that wasn’t on the film” trend for the Monday press conference. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

What about this guy having the speed to go deep for baylor ??

If Bijan is 21.6 mph then Worthy is 24.6. Although he doesn't play for TX anymore I'm sure Brennan Thompson would have something to say about that too. And I think Cook is about as fast Thompson, as well as Mitchell. Not sure I believe those numbers.

1 hour ago, Josef Pwag said:

I lost my college virginity in a study lounge on the 8th floor of Jester West many years ago. We figured out how to lock the study lounge doors from the inside so we could have privacy if our roommates were home. I've written a lot of poetry about that night. A lot. I'm not sure if you can handle it. I'm posting all of it in this thread if Texas loses to Baylor. Govern yourself accordingly. 

Did he treat you nice after?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fud said:

But also one of the most explosive offensive teams on early downs. 

I think this is the key for the offense. Finding a balance in terms of success rate on early downs while still being explosive. We probably need to run the ball more on 1st and 2nd down. 

Especially now that Brooks has shown he's a pretty good back. 

32 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I’m just going with the “they showed us a lot of stuff that wasn’t on the film” trend for the Monday press conference. 

Sark has used that line in regards to Rice and Wyoming's defenses. Not sure our D has needed that excuse against anyone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I hope the staff recognizes that we have an elite defense this year and call the offense to help them.

High percentage passes and run the ball to keep the clock moving and reduce the number of possessions the other team has. Our defense can shut teams out if we do that.

I don't want to see many three incomplete pass three and outs. 

I think it's a tough decision. 

The offense is boom or bust so far this year because the staff recognizes they have a billion weapons on the perimeter. We are in a lot of 3rd and 10 situations because we are throwing the ball a lot on 1st and 2nd down. But on the flip side, we are also one of the most explosive teams in the country on early downs. 

Sark probably needs to dial it back a bit on early down passing plays but the general idea is still effective when you look at the explosive plays. They just need to be more efficient. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ousux said:
19 minutes ago, TornACL said:
We definitely shouldn't run any more end-around WR pass plays on 3rd and 1. 

Idk man, X was pretty accurate on that throw. If Bama doesn't hold Mitchell that's at the very least a huge gain, probably TD.

That was against Wyoming. He ran for no gain. We converted with the wildcat on 4th and 1 though

1 hour ago, Domedriver said:

I want to see more of Red at Wildcat, short yardage, trick, etc.  He seemed to run angry.

I don't see any way he isn't ahead of Jaydon Blue in the pecking order now.

It sounds extreme but we may have witnessed Blue's last carry at Texas with that stupid fumble. Completely inexcusable for a guy who already seemed to have some drama/baggage. 

Edited by Hookem2147

It sounds extreme but we may have witnessed Blue's last carry at Texas with that stupid fumble. Completely inexcusable for a guy who already seemed to have some drama/baggage. 
What is the drama and baggage (other than skipping his senior year of HS which our QB also did) with Blue? Guess I missed it.

6 minutes ago, ousux said:
13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

What is the drama and baggage (other than skipping his senior year of HS which our QB also did) with Blue? Guess I missed it.

He had one foot in the portal this past offseason before changing his mind. 

He is about to be buried on the depth chart. Baxter, Brooks, Keilan and Red are all ahead of him. Clark and Gibson are on the way as well.

28 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Texas almost certainly has some type of trick with that Red wildcat. 

Teams are going to cheat the run in that scheme and Red played some QB in high school. There's no doubt he can throw a simple pass out of that look. You hammer the run a few times and then throw some type of TE pop pass. 

We said that about the RoJo wildcat, and yet it never happened

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Don't know about Baylor's overall team speed, but their wideouts are pretty fast.  Jackson runs sub-4.4.  That little waterbug Baldwin is even faster.  They're both faster than anyone in the Texas secondary AFAIK. 

That said, I'm not particularly worried.  The secondary is playing at a high level right now in terms of assignment discipline, tackling, and angles to the football.  A pass rush will certainly help.  I'm reading that Baylor's right side of the OL is not particularly great.  PK needs to scheme some stress on it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

This seems a little dramatic 

• Hook 'Em 5

Interesting comment in article (link below) describing Horns upcoming game in waco: 

In all actuality, Saturday night's visit to McLane Stadium (7:30 p.m. ET, ABC) will be the last for Texas.  "Which means Saturday night will be the first of four jihad games for Texas."  

https://footballscoop.com/news/texas-prepares-for-first-leg-of-farewell-tour-saturday-in-waco

• Haha 1

He had one foot in the portal this past offseason before changing his mind. 
He is about to be buried on the depth chart. Baxter, Brooks, Keilan and Red are all ahead of him. Clark and Gibson are on the way as well.
If that qualifies as drama these days we've got a bunch of choir boys on the team.

I'd say X demanding ransom after every season beats anything Blue could imagine doing.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think Red has had more drama/baggage than Blue. He was in the doghouse to start the season and he got into a scuffle last season. Also, I don't think Blue has had enough carries to determine anything definite about his ability to product. The plays he's run are not necessarily conducive to his running style.

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Interesting comment in article (link below) describing Horns upcoming game in waco: 

In all actuality, Saturday night's visit to McLane Stadium (7:30 p.m. ET, ABC) will be the last for Texas.  "Which means Saturday night will be the first of four jihad games for Texas."  

https://footballscoop.com/news/texas-prepares-for-first-leg-of-farewell-tour-saturday-in-waco

A fatwa has been declared?

1 hour ago, Hard Times said:

I think Red has had more drama/baggage than Blue. He was in the doghouse to start the season and he got into a scuffle last season. Also, I don't think Blue has had enough carries to determine anything definite about his ability to product. The plays he's run are not necessarily conducive to his running style.

image.gif.32fe81ee2a0e175edb408165b27fb82f.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

This seems hot takeish, hyperbolic, dramatic, premature, etc etc 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

you think a fumble in a 31-10 game that was already over is going to kill his playing time forever with the program?

and that Texas will instead move forward with a dude who was held off the practice field in fall camp for reportedly bad attitude?

Confused Vince Vaughn GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm