Week 5, 2023: Kansas at Texas

Wulaw Horn

Just now, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Sorry we can't all bang vapid supermodels like yourself I guess. 

You seem like you're fun- thanks for the multi-neg rep asshole.

He's running around negging people with less than 200 rep points and that level of shit talking? I mean, we can crowdsource the motherfucker if he's going to be doing that.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Maybe being clutch as a kicker at Texas is a pre-ordained right for our fanbase, like hiring good coaches at OSU or having great QBs at USC.

"You will be punished for years, decades even, sometimes, and forced to wander the wilderness of CFB for those stretches. That said, when everything is on the line for your team, your kickers will convert at a rate of 99% of the time. Good luck." --Football Zeus

Even Dusty Mangum.

McDonough and McElroy on the call for ABC. Great pair. Weird that the former is not doing the Clemson / Syracuse game in the Carrier Dome. He has seniority within Disney and tends to stay close to home / NE, especially when there's a big Cuse games (his alma mater).  

Not so this weekend. 

Edited by Wally Pryor

7 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I’m talking about this:

That “decade” isn’t relevant. Yeah, the best, or most fortunate, TCU team in more than a few generations won last season. Kudos to them. You seem much more worried that they can do it again than I am, but we’ll have to wait to see how it actually goes. 

It’s much more common for the better team to end up getting beaten in rivalry games, and in Texas vs. OU in particular, than the better team to lose to TCU. IDGAF what TCU considers though, if you think back, you’ll see that I said it’s likely they bring their A game and play better than they have been against other teams. Fucking Baylor, Tech, and whoever you can shake a stick at considers Texas a rival. That doesn’t make it a rivalry game. 

It doesn’t matter how TCU shows up. Texas can beat Texas. TCU can’t beat Texas. Texas is likely to lose at some point, but nothing TCU has done indicates they’re anything other than another team with a puncher’s chance. 

Hey man - I hope you're right. Sorry if I was being a dick earlier I'm just not sure we share the same opinion on this TCU team. I've watched them play two full games and I think they're going to be a dangerous test for us in FW. I'm also not fully buying this OU team yet. Like I said - both of them got SMU at home and won by the same margin. 

I wouldn't put it past the frogs to be 9-2 and ranked highly going into that one. The B12 is shitty and among the conference they have one of the better QBs, rosters and staffs.

So to pass some time I've got last year's KU game on. Damn the Longhorns kicked their ass up and down that field. Let's do that. That would make ol' JW pretty happy.

12:17 mark of the 4th quarter, Sark gets fucking pissed about the substitution delay by KU, and he throws his headset down. Hadn't seen that before. Good, I like mad Sark. He had to use his last timeout. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Even though Texas has won every game so far by double digits, it feels like they've left a lot of meat on the bone. The scores have been closer than the actual games. 

Average margin of victory this season has been 35-13, but I agree. Seems like we should have a big blowout in there somewhere. 

Then again, it's pretty preposterous to imagine us ever beating anyone with a score of 49-0 or something. That'd be crazy.  😉 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

It was Craig Curry that couldn't catch a punt that fucked the '84 Cotton Bowl with Jawja.

Otherwise that would've been another MNC.

Breezy, cold day. We were 11-0. Georgia was punting on 4th and 17. Seems I recall Curry dove to catch the punt which was dropping in front of him. Everyone's mouth just hung open. It was Georgia's only time inside our 25 all game.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/1984/01/03/georgia-turns-texas-mistake-into-10-9-win/62818821007/

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Hey man - I hope you're right. Sorry if I was being a dick earlier I'm just not sure we share the same opinion on this TCU team. I've watched them play two full games and I think they're going to be a dangerous test for us in FW. I'm also not fully buying this OU team yet. Like I said - both of them got SMU at home and won by the same margin. 

I wouldn't put it past the frogs to be 9-2 and ranked highly going into that one. The B12 is shitty and among the conference they have one of the better QBs, rosters and staffs.

It’s all good. They’re just opinions and we don’t all have to have the same ones. 

I’m not saying OU is elite or anything, mostly just that the game in Dallas goes like we expect even less often than a regular game. 

I’m also not saying TCU is terrible. They will bring their A game. I hope they’re ranked. 

I’d obviously rather Texas not lose to any of these clowns, but that’s a big ask even for a good team. 

1 minute ago, EyeSlapMidgets said:

I’ve never used a VPN before but multiple friends told me to go this route. Do you have one you suggest?

I used to use Express VPN when I lived in Japan. Have also heard good things about Nord VPN. Don't remember about free trials or cost. I pay for the annual plan on Express VPN

Edited by TheBryMan81
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Fud said:

SP+: Texas by 19.5

FPI: Texas by 24.3

Pate: Texas by 20

Stats o War: Texas by 24.3

couple more updates

final prediction tracker has everyone choosing Texas by no less than 4 points (next lowest is 8.5). avg is 18.43, median is 18.89. 86.9% chance to win and 53.34% chance to cover.

top 3 in tracker SU so far this year:

Keeper: Texas by 17.3

Pi-Rate: Texas by 18.9

Dunkel: Texas by 25.12

2nd best against spread is Loudsound: Texas by 4

3rd best is Massey: Texas by 17

only 3 of the 47 systems tracked have it as <10 points, 15 of 47 have it as >20 points

• Hook 'Em 1

This is the game where Texas lets ppl know, okay “this isn't the same Texas” . . People are still afraid to act like Texas is really good including “us”!!

I believe Texas makes everyone a believer

Texas 42

Kansas 20

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

This is the game where Texas lets ppl know, okay “this isn't the same Texas” . . People are still afraid to act like Texas is really good including “us”!!

I believe Texas makes everyone a believer

Texas 42

Kansas 20

You think us winning 42-20 would make everyone a believer?  Half of surly will meltdown if we only win by 22.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Yesh said:

You think us winning 42-20 would make everyone a believer?  Half of surly will meltdown if we only win by 22.

Including people who were handwringing about the game and Texas’ looking ahead or whatever. 

“This is a trap game, I just don’t see how Texas covers.”

Texas covers.

”This was a a really disappointing effort. I thought Texas would win by more.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Burton with the 38-35 prediction after tweaking out about Baylor and Wyoming and assuming tragedy versus Alabama. Grow a pair, Bobby.

He’s always been Piglet wrt to this team’s outlook. 
His optimism in the off-season is what really started validating my own. I think he even predicted 10 wins this year.

To hear he’s back to expecting meh performance from this team relative to others is interesting. 

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic