Week 7, 2023: Texas at Houston

Wulaw Horn

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lol at the anyone who thinks we are scoring 50. This team only got 2 TDs on offense last week

Texas wins by 17. 42-25, Texas

Yes, because context around a game certainly doesn't change and the quality of defense Texas faced in their last game must be the same quality of defense they face this week.

And of course Texas had no shot of beating Kansas State last year because Kansas State beat Oklahoma State 48-0 and Texas lost to Oklahoma State. That is how football works.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yes, because context around a game certainly doesn't change and the quality of defense Texas faced in their last game must be the same quality of defense they face this week.
And of course Texas had no shot of beating Kansas State last year because Kansas State beat Oklahoma State 48-0 and Texas lost to Oklahoma State. That is how football works.

It's fuckin Greenspoint. 90% of the board ignores him for a fucking reason.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 12:08 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s her fault for getting married during football season. Fuck around and find out. 

I got married on the day Charlie Strong lost to Kansas.  During the reception, the husband of one of my cousins walked up and said we had lost to Kansas.  I laughed and said at least Charlie Strong is getting fired now.  So it's not always bad.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Just now, kevwun said:

I got married on the day Charlie Strong lost to Kansas.  During the reception, the husband of one of my cousins walked up and said we had lost to Kansas.  I laughed and said at least Charlie Strong is getting fired now.  So it's not always bad.

You are going to love having a game against Georgia or Bama ruined one year b/c it's your anniversary.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I was in San Francisco vacationing with my family and followed the score on my phone.  The stunned reaction of "You gotta be fucking kidding me, we lost to Kansas" was quickly followed by "Welp, looks like we're getting Tom Herman."  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

The only time I have ever rooted for a loss.  Needed that to guarantee that idiot's dismissal.  Also gave us cover where we didn't take any media bullshit for firing him.

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

My wife is also a Texas grad and likes football, so if I said I'm cooking a brisket and we're gonna drink beer all day, she would be perfectly happy.

Was she pregnant?  Wtf?

7 hours ago, Fud said:

Texas schedule/Big XII teams ranked by ESPN's efficiency metric this season (unlike SP+, FPI, and others, this only takes data from this season). Teams left on the regular season schedule are bolded

3) Oklahoma

'8) Texas

13) Alabama

20) Kansas State

34) Kansas

37) West Virginia

39) Texas Tech

40) Iowa State

43) UCF

47) TCU

53) BYU

59) Wyoming

64) Oklahoma State

68) Cincinnati 

85) Houston

95) Rice

120) Baylor

Houston's defense ranks #113. The Texas offense's ability to move the ball and finish in the redzone should mostly only be limited to whether or not it shoots itself in the foot. Play a clean game offensively and this should be elementary. 

BYU's offense is bad, and barring a turnover disaster type of game, they shouldn't be able to score enough points to beat Texas at home. A typical game here should be something like 34-10 Texas. 

Will Howard's running ability has been limited for most of the season, and since he's not a great passer, it's really limited their offense. This weekend KSU replaced Howard with a backup true freshman early in the game, and the offense took off. I'm happy that KSU will put two more weeks of tape of that guy on film before we play them

TCU suddenly looked more dangerous this weekend after Max Duggan Josh Hoover replaced Chandler Morris, and threw for 439 yards against a decent BYU defense. He did throw two INTs. They limited BYU to 3.7 yards per play. A very impressive win, we'll see if that was a high water mark or if they're turning into a dangerous team. This will be a road game. 

Iowa State is now 3-1 in conference (wins against OK St, TCU, Cincy) despite losing a bunch of players to the sports gambling crack down. Their loss was a 30 pointer that was much closer for most of the game, before OU piled on at the end. They've had a surprisingly solidly efficient offense, seemingly due to their QB Rocco Becht, who's a gamer type. This will be a second road game in two weeks, in Iowa in November. 

Tech had to play their third string QB after halftime, a true freshman, and he was ineffective. It'll be interesting to see how serious the Morton injury is.

We have hidden B12 schedule fuckery as expected.    Our final two road games are back to back.   The week before we play TCU, they have a Thursday night slot giving them a couple extra days rest plus the non travel day. The week before we play Iowa St, they have a bye week.   So a full extra week off plus non travel day.   I think we win one of ‘‘em and maybe two if we get the injured guys back and no other significant losses.  

lol, I was at a wedding that day too. The groom was a Sooner and got a good laugh out of it.
You are going to love having a game against Georgia or Bama ruined one year b/c it's your anniversary.  

The Crabtree catch ruined my first anniversary.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, C'Mon Man said:

Is it possible that the only home game at night this season is going to be the Wyoming game? Good thing they got some mileage out of the drones and lights

Im going to the KState game, hoping its a nice brisk (not TCU last year cold) Nov evening game.

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

SIAP...

Yeah well you aren't beating Texas because you fucking suck. You could literally copy/paste that Q&A from what Aranda said pre Baylor game. 

UH is going to get steamrolled and anyone that thinks otherwise doesn't watch enough college football. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic