Oklahoma @ Kansas 11am on FOX

Constant

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

If you had any thoughts of making the playoff (yeah I know) OU losing was the absolute worse thing that could happen.

Nope. Win out and we're in, regardless of what happens to OU. 

And I will never not cheer for OU to lose. Never.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, gmr548 said:

No it’s not. Bama losing would be. There’s no chance a 12-1 champion with a win over 11-2 SEC west champion or 12-1 SEC champion Bama gets left out. Zero.

Undefeated pac12 champ- so I guess UW

undefeated big10 champ

Undefeated florida state

swc champ 

that’s how. But I don’t see how ou having a loss changes the math for Texas.  Still need to win out, beat them, and have some shakeup with the above. 

• Hook 'Em 1

undefeated big10 champ
Undefeated florida state
swc champ 
that’s how. But I don’t see how ou having a loss changes the math for Texas.  Still need to win out, beat them, and have some shakeup with the above. 

4 undefeated P5 champs is extremely unlikely.

But you’re right, not literally zero. Got me exaggerating.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

undefeated big10 champ

Undefeated florida state

swc champ 

you want the highest ranked team possible in the Big 12 title game.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Not really. Texas gets in if they win out. Michigan and Ohio State will take care of each other. Oregon and Washington will take care of each other. They aren't penalizing Texas because OU lost.

Precisely. It's like some haven't seen how the rankings work with the teams that are eligible. We're the highest ranked 1 loss team currently. 

16 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Precisely. It's like some haven't seen how the rankings work with the teams that are eligible. We're the highest ranked 1 loss team currently. 

I wonder how we'll get ranked this week assuming we go on to beat BYU. We are already right behind them in the rankings with them being undefeated and our one loss. Surely they have to drop OU after that loss. Are we going to drop too? Or do they rank us above OU with both of us having a loss?

1 minute ago, Hmbre97 said:

I wonder how we'll get ranked this week assuming we go on to beat BYU. We are already right behind them in the rankings with them being undefeated and our one loss. Surely they have to drop OU after that loss. Are we going to drop too? Or do they rank us above OU with both of us having a loss?

They have to drop OU and why would they drop us? The rankings don’t have to make sense. It’s always about when you lose 

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Liepold made some really stupid decisions in the 2H, but was still able to overcome them.

Yep. For a good coach he should have had them prepared for the defense letting them score near the end. "Go down at the 1" was simple. Then run another dive, if you score on second down oh well. If not oh well. But it worked out so I won't complain too much.

8 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

All you fucking pussies bitching about OU losing need to take some Midol. A one-loss Texas team is 100% getting into the CFP. There's no chance in hell they'd pass up the sweet sweet cash from the ratings, period. 

Also, if you ever find yourself hoping OU wins then slap yourself then shoot yourself in the dick.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

I'm more than confident we'll be ranked higher than them. 

Just now, Js1 said:

They have to drop OU and why would they drop us? The rankings don’t have to make sense. It’s always about when you lose 

Also the team you lose to. Not sure where we'll be but it'll definitely be above ou.

12 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

All you fucking pussies bitching about OU losing need to take some Midol. A one-loss Texas team is 100% getting into the CFP. There's no chance in hell they'd pass up the sweet sweet cash from the ratings, period. 

Also, I remember a Texas team beating OU head to head but losing late to Tech, and OU going to the NC in their place.  I'm here for Texas being ranked above OU for exactly that reason.  

• Hook 'Em 1