THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Mandel also has his finger on the pulse of the CFP discussion more than any ESPN or CBS talking head. It's a bad sign.

Yeah, he's all over it all the time. If only there had been another team who recently lost to fall from the ranks of the undefeated while simultaneously losing their chance to be conference champions. I wonder if he predicted how far that team would fall.

Oops.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Mandel also has his finger on the pulse of the CFP discussion more than any ESPN or CBS talking head. It's a bad sign.

Bullshit. He's writing to cover his own ass with his Texas-hating audience so that he keeps his job.

NY Times people get fired up there for not following their Texas-hating "culture" (and other editorial priorities) up there.

2 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Bullshit. He's writing to cover his own ass with his Texas-hating audience so that he keeps his job.

NY Times people get fired up there for not following their Texas-hating "culture" (and other editorial priorities) up there.

You seem like you are a little woke.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Lousiville is a top 15 team because they play in the ACC. A shit ass conference that Clemson propped up for years now. They masked how bad it was. Also, if Lousiville is your 2nd best team in the ACC, shows how bad it was. They have a "top 20" offense because of ACC and a shit ass OOC schedule, which included the gauntlet of Murray State, Indiana and Kentucky. Lousiville makes Oklahoma State look like prime Bama. Spare me how battle tested FSU was because they won tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

Anyone else having troubles sleeping?  It’s like Christmas Eve as a kid waiting for Santa to come in the morning.  (That MF brings us coal, we kill him). 

And then you fucking find out that the guy dressed as Santa is actually your old neighbor that your parents asked to play Santa, and that birdshot fired out of a .22 can in fact break the skin, putting to rest the bullshit your older cousin told you, and if Texas was left out, it’d be just like you losing your .22 for a year because of bullshit about not firing a gun in the house or at people, especially WWII vets, and you have to do a shit-ton of chores and a paper route for a year to pay for the trip to the ER for the neighbor.

Yeah, it’s that feeling.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

I don’t like her but Heather Dinich is in Grapevine and talks to the CFP. She knows more than anybody, especially Stewart Fucking Mandel.
It should be: UM, Wash, UT, Bama
It will be: FSU, UGA, Adams College, Minnesota State

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Mole said:

It should be: UM, Wash, UT, Bama

It will be: FSU, UGA, Adams State College, Minnesota State

Fixed. Bo Nix entered the portal a few hours after the PAC-10 championship, and they’ve already got him lined up to play next month because of the eye test.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bo-nix-transfers-to-adams-state-college-after-pac-10-championship-to-play-with-grizzlies-3-seed-in-college-football-playoffs-for-another-chance-washington/

4 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Not that I agree with his thinking, but I am a bit concerned.

Mandel's brand is being wrong on pretty much everything. He's an oaf. You can start with his predictions about how strong the PAC 12 remainders would be in their tv negotiations and work backward.

Edit - unless the committee is blind or were fast asleep for the last game, it was obvious that FSU doesn't belong in the top 4. I agree with what LT just posted - they'll put bama ahead of fsu but behind UT, just on the eye test.

Edited by Chopper

9 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I want to feel confident but I also can’t see the committee leaving an undefeated team out and I definitely can’t see them leaving a sec champion out. 

I Guess If You Say So GIF

SEC doesn't get to ride on the coattails of prior year greatness. This years SEC was a middling conference.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Constant said:

I’d like to throw a new name in the playoff discussion: Oklahoma. 

Only team in the nation to slay two conference champions. Undefeated season minus a couple of meaningless weeks. May have recently learned how to run the football at the expense of defending an offense. Just a thought. 

A thought, you should keep to yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Constant said:

Only team in the nation to slay two conference champions. Undefeated season minus a couple of meaningless weeks. May have recently learned how to run the football at the expense of defending an offense. Just a thought. 

image.gif.6dbddb00662c9d3aeea63455fc52f52f.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Constant said:

But, they suck.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]