THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should be in.  Congrats and go win it all.  Alabama should be left out IMO.  13-0 and beating them on the road by double digits should trump what they have done.  My thought is that y'all get the 3 seed and draw Washington.

ETA: The 13-0 was obviously that Florida State should also be in at the 4 seed.

Edited by VABuckeye
  • Hook 'Em 6

The argument to keep fsu out is literally written into their foundational principles..

Screenshot_20231203_002208_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.24111ebf6aa2ceb811edc22751ee19c7.jpg

Anyone lobbying for FSU earning or deserving to be there, should have to go live on ABC or ESPN post semifinal if/when they lose by 35 and defend their thoughts and beliefs they’re spewing today.

Fuck bama whenever wherever…but fuck if it’s NYE and one of the games is a complete massacre because we listened to our feelings over logic

Just now, TxTower said:

My prediction -

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

Those are the best four teams period.

Had bama lost to auburn this wouldn’t be the case. I think FSU gets the nod because bama has struggled recently and has the loss to Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

ESPN talking like Texas is in is a foregone conclusion like Michigan and Washington. Seems good. 

Last night’ on youtube videos the arguments were all about FSU versus Bama never Texas because of head to head. That trip was already glorious and now the legend will grow.

Ill try and throw in a wrinkle for us to talk about since I was up last night thinking about it. At first I wanted FSU in as it would be the weakest field for us. We play Washington and then Michigan. I also didnt want Bama as I think a rematch would be more motivating for them and I think they take care of Michigan in the semis.

Then I started thinking if we play Washington and Michigan plays FSU, Michigan will basically have 3 extra weeks to prepare for us and that is significant. Our focus would be on Washington as it should with a little prep for Michigan. 

But then I started thinking we would only need to prep for 2 teams over 4 weeks, while Michigan would need to prep for 3 as they would also prep for a possible game with Washington.

So in short, I dont know what I prefer. I think I prefer FSU.

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Most of the analysts on XM radio have us in and the debate is between Alabama and FSU

Because it reasonably that's the only way it can be. The committee could always just go off the reservation with extreme, naked SEC bias but there isn't anything to support that so it isn't worth talking about

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That's what I'm saying!

But what you fail to grasp is that it does not mean that team goes automatically into the 4 seed.

2 minutes ago, TxTower said:

My prediction -

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

Those are the best four teams period.

I am good with this. FSU is dogshit without their starting QB. Hell, they weren't the best even with him from just watching him. But they beat an overrated LSU to begin the year and rode that out. Shit has changed. They are barely a top 20 team in their current state. But if Bama gets in, I'd almost rather be 4. I want to play Michigan first.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Because it reasonably that's the only way it can be. The committee could always just go off the reservation with extreme, naked SEC bias but there isn't anything to support that so it isn't worth talking about

But what you fail to grasp is that it does not mean that team goes automatically into the 4 seed.

It's the exact same conclusion I have so why are you even complaining to me. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Had bama lost to auburn this wouldn’t be the case. I think FSU gets the nod because bama has struggled recently and has the loss to Texas. 

I'm staring to come around to the FSU nod because they did schedule LSU and Florida from the SEC and beat them plus going undefeated in their league...shitty though it is. The concussed guy will come back and be able to take over from the deer in headlights bonehead that played last night. And they won last night by 10 points.

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Anyone lobbying for FSU earning or deserving to be there, should have to go live on ABC or ESPN post semifinal if/when they lose by 35 and defend their thoughts and beliefs they’re spewing today.

Fuck bama whenever wherever…but fuck if it’s NYE and one of the games is a complete massacre because we listened to our feelings over logic

Yep. It will be even worse than when Cincy played Bama. They sleptwalk to a boring win. Putting FSU in guarantees a bye for their opponent. Can coast to a win and exert much less energy. 

The discussion absolutely has to be FSU vs Bama, not Bama vs Texas. We already saw that this year. Spare me it was earlier in the year. It all counts. If the early in the year argument works, then why even play an OOC schedule with a pulse? Just go the route of Oregon playing Tech,  Portland State, Hawaii. They benefitted from it and was ahead of us the whole time.

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

As the should, as everyone's got a -9.5 underdog in their CCG locked in as #2 seed.

Man that shit made no sense to me. Washington -3 at home (i.e. neutral field pick'em) six weeks ago to Oregon -9.5 on a neutral now. Oregon -3 or something to account for Washington screwing around, okay. But 9.5 points? That was wild.

Just now, satyanash said:

Does anyone know if this "the committee groups teams by three" thing is true?

Hahaha. So the thinking is that Bama is suddenly so good, that they can't even be compared with Texas. And thus our win over them by 10 didn't happen. Makes total sense. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Does anyone know if this "the committee groups teams by three" thing is true?

Bama beat Georgia , so is better than Georgia. Georgia isn't #1 they are 5.

Pick any number you want for Bama , and put Texas right in front of them because Texas beating Bama is the best win of the year 

Edited by BigHornedLurker

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Hahaha. So the thinking is that Bama is suddenly so good, that they can't even be compared with Texas. And thus our win over them by 10 didn't happen. Makes total sense. 

The funny part is thinking they would be in the top 3. 

So they make a 5 point jump over FSU (who beat a top 15 team in their conference championship). That would be some major bullshit. 

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]