THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, G650 said:

I find the notion that FSU did nothing wrong bizarre. They spent an entire evening just last night doing a shit load wrong

If they had won the game in exactly the same ugly fashion with Jordan Travis as their quarterback, they're 100% in, not a single question asked, correct?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

FSU with a second or third string QB in your mind is a top 4 team?

The only argument against FSU involves ignoring the entire season. We have no idea how good they might be with a backup QB. We managed to win some games, against ranked teams, with a backup QB. If Quinn got hurt yesterday should we be out?

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

That’s not based on anything real. It’s just ignoring results. It’s the same bullshit that has Oregon as some unstoppable force 

It's every bit as real as anything you are using. Do you have Liberty right with them? No? Because you are using subjective measures to qualify FSUs record.

14 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this

they are painting it as FSU v. SEC decision

i'm in shock that they have taken the narrative this morning that we are #3 - and they did this before the AP release 15 minutes ago

this looks like we are in

People tried to tell you

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

If they had won the game in exactly the same ugly fashion with Jordan Travis as their quarterback, they're 100% in, not a single question asked, correct?

What? No, that would look even worse. The QB is the only excuse they have right now

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

Exactly my point. You are drawing a subjective line.

P5 vs G5 is not subjective. 

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

What? No, that would look even worse. The QB is the only excuse they have right now

So you would leave out FSU even if they didn’t have a backup QB? If that’s your argument then I apologize for misunderstanding. I don’t agree with it but it’s a better argument than their season shouldn’t matter because one guy got hurt.

Edited by hobbes2702

The only argument against FSU involves ignoring the entire season. We have no idea how good they might be with a backup QB. We managed to win some games, against ranked teams, with a backup QB. If Quinn got hurt yesterday should we be out?

It’s a principal in the selection committee’s guidelines…yes if ewers was hurt, Texas very well could be on the outside looking in
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

What is the pro Bama argument? They don’t have a QB either

I'm not arguing for Alabama. I'm saying FSU is not very good and their record alone isn't qualifying for the playoff. It's a subjective decision. I'd put FSU below Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio St and a minimum. Probably below Oregon as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, G650 said:

I'm not arguing for Alabama. I'm saying FSU is not very good and their record alone isn't qualifying for the playoff. It's a subjective decision. I'd put FSU below Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio St and a minimum. Probably below Oregon as well.

FSU is going to be embarrassed by any team they play in a bowl.

CFP or NY6.

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

Fair enough. Apologies for the misunderstanding 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, G650 said:

You're serious? An undefeated B5 conference winner with their starting quarterback intact gets in without hesitation, even if last night's have ended 2-0 in their favor, and we'd only be talking Bama v. Texas this morning.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]