Texas vs k-state - 11am on Fox

Pancho

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

I didn't understand the 3rd down call on the final offensive possession in regular time. 

Brooks ran for 7 yards on 2nd down up the middle. 3rd and 3 you run the same exact play. Give the ball to Brooks up the gut instead of Baxter outside. Sometimes Sark overthings things. Give the ball to your best RB. 

Only thing I can figure is we’ve been poor at running straight up the guy trying to get 1-2 yards and this was a 3rd and 3.   I like not running straight up the guy but I’d rather see Brooks rather than Baxter taking that handoff.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Man, and I thought my 30byear old beer fridge dying today was the worst smell I was going to experience. Nope. The bitchassedness from yet another game thread where we won takes the prize.

Isn't bitchassedness the point of game threads on a college football message board?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

That was the last hurdle. Tcu tech and isu suck.  

Haha. So did Houston.  We are seeing the collapses of last year, but at least we are hanging on. So long as my heart holds out, I’ll take it. Malik is effectively coming from 6 man. He will be good in time, but good lawd he’s chaotic. Everyone fucked up this game. Qb, rbs, ST and we won. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Only thing I can figure is we’ve been poor at running straight up the guy trying to get 1-2 yards and this was a 3rd and 3.   I like not running straight up the guy but I’d rather see Brooks rather than Baxter taking that handoff.

Fucking autocorrect.  “Up the gut”

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Perfect opportunity to get Maalik his first run of the day. Fake the ball to Brooks, everybody bites, take off on a thirty yard run, drag tacklers into the end zone from five yards out. Place in history secured.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Two wtf qb runs up the middle and then that sack.  I bet the 8 k state fans are really happy with that last drive

PK knew exactly what was coming on that 4th down. Completely sniffed out Sinott in the flat and helped over the middle. I thought it was the pass rush that beat this play but it was just the defense knowing exactly what was coming. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Detroit Lions Football GIF

4th and fucking 18

I was waaaaay too young to see Barry, but I remember him in the NFL. Didn't he run for something like 2800 yards his Heisman year? Fucking scary. He should have been ruled illegal to play with how fucking insane he was. No one will ever be better than him in college. I didn't see him, but knowing what he did and how he turned out in the pros, he's gotta be the greatest college RB of all time 

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Gundy pulling a sark left points and gave up field position on failed 4th downs.

OU is probably stealing signs, watch how they attack (did the same with us) with reckless abandon, not even a concern about anything PA etc and they never seem to get burned by that.  Venables gonna Venables.

1 hour ago, UTGrad98 said:

This was the type of game I thought Yun and crew would take their shot. I know they had some shit calls / noncalls but what I mean is a game altering call that would screw us over and keep us out of the big 12 championship and playoffs. I was expecting Yun to bump into sark and call unsportsmanlike.

His melanin wasn't Charlie Strong level. That shit is rage-inducing that it happened against Okie Lite. Still pisses me off that the ref bumped into CS and threw that flag. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We looked awesome to start.  Playoff bound. 

Then they coached their team and adjusted.  Sark kept calling all the same plays over and over again. PK turtled and told his secondary to "keep it in front of them."  Murphy started playing like a freshman.  We were well on our way to shitting our pants on national television.  Fortunately Kleimann trusted his inner Sark and gifted us the undeserved win. 

Will we ever beat the absolute shit out of anyone?  Can we have that?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Sark made some dumb decisions in this game but really this game just boiled down to our QB being terrible. It's a 20 point win otherwise. 

What are the odds Sark saw what was going on w Maalik, and adjusted calls to try to protect the SoCal dancing boy from killing us with more bad play? 

31 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

PK knew exactly what was coming on that 4th down. Completely sniffed out Sinott in the flat and helped over the middle. I thought it was the pass rush that beat this play but it was just the defense knowing exactly what was coming. 

Terrible call 

Sark had some stupid calls.  He got too comfortable with a lead.  You need to take the points.  Malik is wreck-less with the ball.   Those 3 turnovers killed us.  This game was 27-7 with 1 min left in the 3rd quarter.  We need to stop melting down against teams where we have big leads.  This has been a problem with Sark since he got here.  Only difference is that we have had some luck on our side with missed extra points and missed field goals.  

With all that said, we are 8-1 and we beat a top 25 well coached team with our back up QB.  How many teams can do that?  That’s encouraging.  We have also yet to play our best football.  Not sure it will happen but we are winning in spite of our mistakes.  Sark really needs to get Arch reps bc if Malik keeps playing like this, we have too much on the line to not put the best players in position to play.  It may be 2-3 years before we have a roster ready tj make a run like we do this year.  We really need Quinn back ASAP.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, BB65 said:

Both coaches failed their teams and players by not taking points. I’m not sure about Klieman but sark is doing this it seems every week

I really don’t understand why KSY went for it.  They have a very good red zone offense and we have arguable the worst red zone offense.  They had a huge advantage in OT.  We couldn’t even complete a pass in OT and we had been struggling on offense in general the entire 2nd half.  It was a stupid decision on his part and it obviously cost them the game.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1