Texas opens as a 9 point favorite @ TCU

TexasMan

31 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Hearing Ewers might be back. Would be curious how that moves the line or if that was already factored in. 

It’s not factored in. I won’t touch this line. If Quinn plays, I wanna see how he performs for a game. If he doesn’t play, we may lose the game. 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Miss State has scored 3, 13, and 7 points in the last 3 games. Their offense is fucking atrocious. 

Aw well, I'm sure this guy knows better than the Pirate what offense could work in Starksville.  Things will be looking up soon.

doi8d6abj5tewvu4djjs

• Haha 1

Thought ISU was going to be the November trap game but it’s definitely this one.

TCU sucks, Texas could cruise by running right over them, taking the crowd out of the game and preventing establishment of any offensive momentum for TCU. TCU could also shred the Texas secondary for 400+ yards and be +2 or +3 in turnovers. Get rolling with the crowd behind them and it’s easy to see it snowball into a L. Very wide range of plausible outcomes, I wouldn’t touch a 9 point line.

I hate this game. TCU is going to throw it 40-50 times. Their OL is weak, so Texas could win the game there. IF the DL doesnt dominate, I would expect TCU to have success on offense. Texas defense is vulnerable to the pass and all TCU does is pass. Without Quinn, the offense is a question mark. 

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I hate this game. TCU is going to throw it 40-50 times. Their OL is weak, so Texas could win the game there. IF the DL doesnt dominate, I would expect TCU to have success on offense. Texas defense is vulnerable to the pass and all TCU does is pass. Without Quinn, the offense is a question mark. 

Honestly any of the next three are mega trap games without QE.

• Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Thought ISU was going to be the November trap game but it’s definitely this one.

TCU sucks, Texas could cruise by running right over them, taking the crowd out of the game and preventing establishment of any offensive momentum for TCU. TCU could also shred the Texas secondary for 400+ yards and be +2 or +3 in turnovers. Get rolling with the crowd behind them and it’s easy to see it snowball into a L. Very wide range of plausible outcomes, I wouldn’t touch a 9 point line.

Our line couldn't get 3 yards when we needed to.  We won't run over anyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/5/2023 at 2:20 PM, WBT said:

Aw well, I'm sure this guy knows better than the Pirate what offense could work in Starksville.  Things will be looking up soon.

doi8d6abj5tewvu4djjs

Dummy with a DC perspective took the Muschamp approach to offense. Yes, it’s better for your defense…if it works. If not, it gets you fired. 

Dude should beg Hal Mumme to come in and reconstruct an Air Raid offense for him. He’s not going to last long as HC in Starkville. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We should go with our heavy OL package and just run it down their throats until they prove they can stop the run consistently. 

Agreed, and to a certain extent it's what we should have been doing all season.  But, that's not who Sark is.

• Rage+1 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:02 PM, nnm said:

Tcu is lukewarm dog vomit on both sides of the ball. Texas wins by 3+ TDs. Book it. 

If Quinn comes back yes. But knowing us in games like this we'll fuck things up and keep it close and give TCU hopes of beating us. Sark needs to learn to keep his foot on the gas pedal and not let up. Nothing wrong with running up the score against inferior opponents/programs.

Agreed, and to a certain extent it's what we should have been doing all season.  But, that's not who Sark is.

I’d push back on this. Sark’s been happy to go Big 12 package and try this since mid last year. ISU game specifically, with Ewers playing pretty erratic football, was when he appeared to learn that lesson. There was plenty of 12 and Big 12 personnel out there last Saturday. I think they are little limited by the injuries in RB room and the player types behind Brooks and Baxter
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I’d push back on this. Sark’s been happy to go Big 12 package and try this since mid last year. ISU game specifically, with Ewers playing pretty erratic football, was when he appeared to learn that lesson. There was plenty of 12 and Big 12 personnel out there last Saturday. I think they are little limited by the injuries in RB room and the player types behind Brooks and Baxter

I wasn't commenting so much on the formation as the other part of what I quoted: that we should be running the ball consistently until the other team shows they can stop it.  And, especially with a backup QB in there.

But, two games ago, we came out with 8 passes in the first 10 plays.  And, does Maalik need to throw 37 passes last Saturday when the runners are averaging over 6 YPC?  But, that's just who Sark is.