Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

mdmost

Eh, I guess. Afterlife was decent when it wasn't just The Ghostbusters Awakens. Hopefully they go for something more original this time. I didn't spot the Statue of Liberty being used as a transportation device so it's at least not a reboot of the 2nd movie. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

This is the perfect summation 

It's not Dan, Ernie, and Bill running around, pretending they're 40 years younger,  which is good, and like its predecessor, it's still got connections to the 80s movies so it's got familiarity, but it's still different enough to feel like a sequel, so.....I'm just glad that JJ Abrams has nothing to do with it.

They need to get the predecessor off of Starz streaming or whatever and get it on a major service though.

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This could go anywhere, but I learned today that Archie Bunker was 44 when they shot the pilot for All in the Family. So like 10 years younger than Rudd is now. Archie Bunker. 44.

Go watch reruns of Johnny Carson or Match Game. Those fuckers we drinking and smoking more than Keith Richards. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, usmc0331horn said:

I have. It's why I don't care to watch even the lame sequel that they just mailed it in for money. Ghostbusters was written for Aykroyd and Belushi for god's sake. What even are we doing anymore?

Well just like the original, aykroyd is in this but belushi is not because he is dead. 

anyway, my response was actually 

let-it-go.gif

because movie about ice. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2023 at 11:22 PM, Red Five said:

This could go anywhere, but I learned today that Archie Bunker was 44 when they shot the pilot for All in the Family. So like 10 years younger than Rudd is now. Archie Bunker. 44.

Was watching The Santa Clause from the early 90’s with Tim Allen.

Scott Calvin is 38 years old when he dons the Santa suit. He looked 50 when I was a teenager and even now that I’m much older than he was in the film, I feel like he looked really old. I look 10 years younger than he did at 38.

Maybe there’s something to eating organic food and not being in lead paint rooms and our parents did right by us after all? 

Edited by BeardIP

Notes on the new movie, from the director: Because the Spengler family story drove the narrative in Afterlife, bringing Gozer back to centre-stage was a natural way to close the book on the past. But we are now in the post-Gozerian era of the Ghostbusters saga, so that means we’re able to stretch out and create an entirely new mythology.

55 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Notes on the new movie, from the director: Because the Spengler family story drove the narrative in Afterlife, bringing Gozer back to centre-stage was a natural way to close the book on the past. But we are now in the post-Gozerian era of the Ghostbusters saga, so that means we’re able to stretch out and create an entirely new mythology.

Yea yea yea sure for a while and then....

image.png.b6ef065cac1b42641d5ad69bdcf52487.png

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yep, we close the book on the past, but still bring back Aykroyd, Murray, and Hudson

7 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

"Rocky 5000" was a punchline to a Spaceballs joke, because they had made 4 Rockys by that point, which was a shocking number of sequels.   Now it is shocking if there isn't five of something that worked once.

Remember when they kept making really shitty F13 and Elm Street sequels and nobody knew anyone who saw anything past Part 3? Now that shit is considered summer blockbuster fare.

image.thumb.png.8cea244c73db528dabb23ecf21208b6c.png

Yeah, that ain't a joke picture. Coming 2025. $7.5 billion franchise and counting.

Such a lazy species.

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2023 at 7:37 AM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

"Rocky 5000" was a punchline to a Spaceballs joke, because they had made 4 Rockys by that point, which was a shocking number of sequels.   Now it is shocking if there isn't five of something that worked once.

BB7t.gif

turns out, there’s only so many ways to blow up a big shark. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

• 1 month later...

Saw Annie Potts doing an interview with a Houston station and she was talking about how she gets a jumpsuit in this one and gets to fight the ghosts with the guys. That made the low fuel light come on as far as my interest in seeing this goes. Probably wait until it’s streaming.