Texas vs tcu - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This team is better.  Fine.  But the conference is down considerably.   They much is also true. This team is better than last year’s, but still can’t put bad teams away.  That is problematic 

This is the worst the big 12 has been, maybe ever. And chuckledicks on here crowing about beating a 4-6 tcu team BY 3 FUCKING POINTS like its the super bowl

Edited by GreenspointTexas
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's kind of what he does.  He almost never actually steps into a throw, it's either back foot or flat foot.  His superior arm strength has let him get away with it.

A shoulder separation kind of puts some pressure on that arm strength.

Yes, he ain’t no Penix for sure. Definitely a difference in the ball trajectory from some of the top QBs, but obviously still highly thought of

1 minute ago, Slowinthehead said:

Go look at the number of carries in those games and tell me how much “starting” matters. Brooks was always the number one back. Think maybe it was putting Baxter out there to get valuable experience because they knew he was going to play a decent role this season? No need to answer because your posts are dumb, that was rhetorical.

You start a freshman to "get experience" over a proven back? That's how that works? I could have sworn you had to earn the starting job, so it's good that you cleared it up that he only started him over Brooks to get him experience. Good thing winners like Saban and Smart do this, or else they might win more. Gotta get those freshmen reps over more talented and qualified players. 

Jesus Christ. You have to be an aggy, troll or satirical. No one is this stupid except aggys, so I'm beginning to think you're an aggy. 

4 minutes ago, vandergriff said:

3 months ago.  Texas has gone backwards since that game and Bama has improved every week.

You and every sober Texas fan know they would beat us pretty handily at this point.  

Nope.  We crushed their spirit at their house and we’d do it again.  Aggy bitch.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

This is the worst the big 12 has been, maybe ever. And chuckledicks on here crowing about beating a 4-6 tcu team like its the super bowl

Our QB was probably 60-70% tonight, I'll reserve judgment for how we look next week when he should be closer to 100%. Take the win pussy 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

No.

Yes the fuck we do. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Hornsome said:

I really didn’t want to buy Big XII championship tickets but figured I’ll be happy if we made it.  Not so sure as I can’t take these games.  

Second half was a total team effort. Awful.  Sark set the tone with his second half game management.  Declining the offsides penalty on the punt is just an example of how lost he is during the game.  Time to get an offensive coordinator.

Any decent college coach (any pro coach) would have re-punted that ball. Scared of getting blocked??? WTF is that? Any decent team can pin that ball inside the fifteen. Maybe you get lucky and pin them at the five. We gave them the ball at the 25 yard line.

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's like you haven't followed college football this year. 

1) Penn State plays 2 good teams a year (Ohio State and Michigan). Loses both games every year like this weekend.

2) We already beat Bama at their house. 

3) Washington doesn't play a lick of D. Lucky to escape the last two weeks against USC and Utah. 

4) Florida State had to get a stop on the final drive to beat an average Miami team this weekend at home. 

5) Ole Miss got handled by Georgia. Ole Miss would be at 3 losses if not for Tulane's starting QB being injured. 

But yeah, other than that right on the money. 

So you’re telling mw the team that gave up 400 yards passing to Houston and won by 1 the team that let 4-5 TCU out score them 20-3 in the 4th and win by a FG and the team that is a dipshit head coach at kstate call away from losing. Would stop. Penix and Washington? No. Oregon no. Bama win was 10 weeks ago. Bama would throttle us. UGA would go to prison for what they’d do to us. Michigan and OSU would pass for 4000 yards. Maybe FSU would be close.  While we struggle with low rent trash teams and can’t put anyone a way and can’t cover anyone. Take off the burnt orange glasses dude. This team is a paper Tiger and a bum QB that can’t hit a deep ball and our best player just left 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Only throwing on super obvious passing downs actually does more to put your QB in harm's way than mixing in throws and play action on early and standard downs.

The less times you throw the better chance you have of not getting your QB hit. Ewers wasn't hit all night. Just what we needed. On to the next week.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Yes, he ain’t no Penix for sure. Definitely a difference in the ball trajectory from some of the top QBs, but obviously still highly thought of

I suppose everyone that thinks highly of him figures how much better he would be if he fixed his mechanics.  He seems resistant to that.

He's good, but not as good as the top ones.  Not living up to billing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

You start a freshman to "get experience" over a proven back? That's how that works? I could have sworn you had to earn the starting job, so it's good that you cleared it up that he only started him over Brooks to get him experience. Good thing winners like Saban and Smart do this, or else they might win more. Gotta get those freshmen reps over more talented and qualified players. 

Jesus Christ. You have to be an aggy, troll or satirical. No one is this stupid except aggys, so I'm beginning to think you're an aggy. 

Once again, dumb fuck, go look at the carries and tell me who was the number one back. Who was in on the first play is irrelevant. I’ve been lurking long enough and know your posts, so no idea why I responded. Fuck you’re dumb.

12 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Fucking this.   Saban has adjusted and his team is firing on all cylinders.   Texas starts strong.  Does just enough to win, and limp dicks their way through the third and fourth quarters.   No fire.  No drive.  Just hang on and enjoy a down conference and smile for the cameras 

yeah-so.gif

6 minutes ago, Slowinthehead said:

Go look at the number of carries in those games and tell me how much “starting” matters. Brooks was always the number one back. Think maybe it was putting Baxter out there to get valuable experience because they knew he was going to play a decent role this season? No need to answer because your posts are dumb, that was rhetorical.

Also, it’s entirely possible Baxter looked like the better back in the fall and then they realized the speed of the game was too much….because he’s a freshman.

Yeah, I guess they just didn't realize he came straight out of HS, and didn't understand in the beginning that the speed might be too much for him over a guy who has heen on campus for 3 years and learned from one of the best Texas RB'S to ever step foot on the 40, or that the same back has already played snaps and has scored in several games. But I think you're right, they weren't sure so they wanted to test the waters and start him for that experience. 

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

So you’re telling mw the team that gave up 400 yards passing to Houston and won by 1 the team that let 4-5 TCU out score them 20-3 in the 4th and win by a FG and the team that is a dipshit head coach at kstate call away from losing. Would stop. Penix and Washington? No. Oregon no. Bama win was 10 weeks ago. Bama would throttle us. UGA would go to prison for what they’d do to us. Michigan and OSU would pass for 4000 yards. Maybe FSU would be close.  While we struggle with low rent trash teams and can’t put anyone a way and can’t cover anyone. Take off the burnt orange glasses dude. This team is a paper Tiger and a bum QB that can’t hit a deep ball and our best player just left 

Yes, it's almost like you haven't watched college football. 

Teams in the top 10 have been struggling with mediocre to bad teams for weeks. It's like you think teams in the top 10 are all world-beaters. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Yes, it's almost like you haven't watched college football. 

Teams in the top 10 have been struggling with mediocre to bad teams for weeks. It's like you think teams in the top 10 are all world-beaters. 

Seems like it's becoming a thing.  It's not parity, quite.  But I do wonder if NIL and the portal are making players perhaps a little less intense than they might otherwise be.

• Hook 'Em 1

" userid="772"] Which one of you assholes made a deal with the devil that we win out but in the most unsatisfying way possible? Thanks...

People like to ask those “would you rather” questions like “would you rather win the CFB championship but not win again for 10 years or never have your rival win again for 10 years.” And I’m still convinced somebody sold their soul in 2009. Just not sure if it was us or an ou fan.

• Pancho unpinned this topic