2024 G Tre Johnson

Teryor

30 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Great job by the entire athletic dept on this one, gotta survive the G League overtures though. Don't wanna have another Ron Holland situation.

Did holland sign an NLI or was he just committed? I forgot if he was signed or just committed and how that works with the g league. 

2 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Did holland sign an NLI or was he just committed? I forgot if he was signed or just committed and how that works with the g league. 

We let him out of his NLI bc of the coaching change. Standard procedure 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Wasn't that the size of the coach's grandmother in Dazed and Confused?

Still driving that Mack truck too

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Disappointed our resident HP poster (Porterhouse) quit the site so he can't chime in about how overrated Tre is and how he'll never be a factor in college.  Wondering if he would keep that up now that he's apparently going to be a horn.

When and why did this happen? 

3 hours ago, Acropora said:

Huge get!  From what I understand, he's much, much more likely to end up at Texas than the others... Please correct me if wrong.  

There's a significant family connection so I don't think we get leveraged like Holland. . But who can really know...

Holland's situation is a little atypical in that in his last year of high school his profile shot up exponentially and the gleague wasn't really thought of as an option initially. By the time the McDonald's All-Americans practice week finished many people thought he was the best player in the class(he's currently thought to be the #1 pick). That sudden change in profile amped up the money Hollabd could command and in turn the gleague offer. Guys like Tre Johnson and Cooper Flagg have been the top of their class the entire time they've been recruited.  There isn't going to be a sudden spike in the money coming their way that causes them to make sudden decisions. And on top of that Johnson and Terry have a much better relationship so we won't be in the dark if Tre changes his mind. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2