Texas vs tceh - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

It was the oddest injury I’ve ever seen. Not a big hit. He tried to drag/pull himself up but it just wouldn’t work. He was down for a long time then walked straight to the locker room without any help. But his walk didn’t give the impression that he’d return.

I think Sark said back injury in the post game press conference, I think he just landed awkwardly. Definitely a weird injury. 

I thought this game was going to be competitive lmao.

What a complete ass kicking. There’s really not much sense in getting into anything beyond that. Ton of fun to see live, driving up from Houston was worth it. Props to team and staff for a great effort and win.

11-1 is already an accomplishment in itself after the past decade-plus, but this team has a chance to cement a legacy that will have them remembered a generation from now.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I thought this game was going to be competitive lmao.

This team was always going to put together a complete performance, was just a matter of when. That was last night. We saw glimpses they were in Ames, but damn they just came out firing. Tech only scored on a short field and a DPI in the endzone 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I don’t believe that for one second. Arch was going to play once we got inside of a four game window. Now Maalik can be in street clothes next weekend without drawing too much attention as he enters the portal. 

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Yep. He just walked off. Ain't shit wrong with his shoulder.  

i understand this line of thinking, but it is incorrect.  Murphy legitimately hurt his shoulder during the kick return celebration.

• Hook 'Em 1

Murphy is made of glass for some reason.  I can't imagine Sark would purposely push Maalik down when he may need him.  there was so much time left in the game it would have been easy to get Maalik one or 2 series and still play Manning.

the excuse was so stupid it had to be true.

12 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Even this game wasn't complete. The offense left a lot of meat on the bone in the redzone. 

this.  should have been 70 easy.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

He threw Ford to the ground like he was a middle schooler on one play. Of course, Murphy or Sweat flattened him immediately, but still. He’s a stud. A better team should be tampering to get him to portal to play for them.

I actually thought the QB played decent too.  Their line gave me trauma flashbacks and their receivers played like my kids act when they’re busy watching shit on their phones.  But Brooks and Morton looked like they were trying to make something out of Tech’s 3-play offensive scheme. 

8 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I actually thought the QB played decent too.  Their line gave me trauma flashbacks and their receivers played like my kids act when they’re busy watching shit on their phones.  But Brooks and Morton looked like they were trying to make something out of Tech’s 3-play offensive scheme. 

Morton was under pressure but he had a bunch of dogshit throws, and that’s excluding the three picks. He was scared shitless and played like it. 

24 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Dahobbs said:
Even this game wasn't complete. The offense left a lot of meat on the bone in the red zone. 

this.  should have been 70 easy.

Making me shout at the TV wasn't a complete game.  Maybe that's on me? Settling for 3's and the pic in the end zone were easy points left off the board.

Even then, a total butt fucking destruction of TTU.

leavenodoubt-nodoubt.gif

Seeing Worthy limp off the field multiple times, only to come back time and again ... Jett Bush's pic 6, and the number of guys that congratulated him on the sidelines ... the parade of running backs ... Arch getting his feet wet and making plays ... the personification of guys buying in and creating a culture. 

Jaylan Ford's response when asked about the mood of the team, "Confident ... everybody has confidence in everybody ..."

image.png.1541e829605c289438aac65460daf53b.png

Enjoy the ride.

Hook 'Em!!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Pancho said:

Ehh, Strong had nothing to do with it. Our atmosphere improved since CDC and crew came along. That’s really it. The Strong era ending and atmosphere improving is just a coincidence. CDC and crew put in hard work to make DKR the home field advantage it can be.

Deloss didn’t give a shit about environment—he only cared about money

Truth. Remember "jet pack guy"? So fucking stupid. Bevo Blvd, the bands, and overall game atmosphere is so much better. Strong Era, you went to the game, wasn't really much to do for the kids, bored wives, etc. Now, it's pretty fun for the non football fans that are there. And the organic Neil Diamond night, years ago sold me on CDC.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, hookemATL said:

That was a great performance by Texas and an extremely bitchass performance by Joey & the herpes experience. Tech fucking quit early in that game like the sacks of shit they are. QB looked like UGA in the sugar bowl, just didn’t want to be there. Adios you dick riding slut factory. 

Goal Shot GIF by Standard de Liège

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I don’t believe that for one second. Arch was going to play once we got inside of a four game window. Now Maalik can be in street clothes next weekend without drawing too much attention as he enters the portal. 

SIAP but my kid and I were at the game and my kid saw Maalik being taken into the injury tent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

I have something to tell you about the sec fans we are about to encounter…you may to sit down for this one. 

Oh yeah. I know. I was born in the Floriduh panhandle and spent most of my childhood in Tennessee before finally coming home to Austin in the 6th grade. I know all about it. I meant the Tceh and Baylor hillbillies in particular. Fuck those asswipes.

Edited by wood
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It was incredible being relaxed for four quarters last night.  Haven't had that against an average team or better for a long long time.

I didn't relax until the kick return TD followed by the 3 & out to start the 2nd half.

I enjoyed the first half, but relaxation came later.

• Like 1

- Thanks to whichever one of you brought the "Get your grades up or get your Guns up" sign.
- Fuck the drunk-ass hillbilly Tech guy sitting two empty seats from me who decided I'd be the guy he'd get in the face of the 2 or 3 times Tech actually did something good. So glad to finally leave these toothless idiotic fucks in the rear view.
- Tech was completely fucking outmanned at every position all night. their punter was probably the best player on the team though.
- Best wishes to the Tech guy who got carted off on the spinal board. The spinal precautions don;t necessarily mean he had a spinal injury, but he wasn't moving. Scary. 
Oh, and the Yormark video ... that was a fucking thing of beauty. Fuck that bitch.
He was moving, even before the board and being Carted off. In any case he was released and flew home with the team so it's all good.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

^That's epic. So punchable. Fuck that guy.

Was at the game and just finished watching it back on TV. Of course watching our 1st & 2nd teamers manhandle Tceh was loads of fun ... but there in the 4th quarter watching the young guys doing it too was a really nice look into the future. Awesome. Gonna be fun.

I was never a fan of Dusty Dvoracek the player for obvious reasons, but I thought it was cool how vehemently he made the case that we should stay ahead of Bama even if they beat UGa. Even besides all that, he does seem pretty knowledgeable about the college game, so credit where credit is due.

• Like 2