Tell Me About Louisville

Valmy77

So since our chances of making the College Football Playoff almost certainly depend on these guys, anybody know much about them?

Their team looked like it sucked against Kentucky but then again Florida State also looked like it sucked against Florida. Louisville is a 10 win team though:

image.png.912609f376ce9b8093507948bfa9af1b.png

So they beat A&M's future coach 23-0. They did beat Notre Dame, who aren't that bad. But they did lose to Pitt and UK...hmmmm...

How confident should we be in this group to win Texas' second biggest game on Saturday?

Your welcome. 

The University of Louisville (UofL) is a public research university in Louisville, Kentucky. It is part of the Kentucky state university system. When founded in 1798, it was one of the first city-owned public colleges in the United States and one of the first universities chartered west of the Allegheny Mountains.[citation needed] The university is mandated by the Kentucky General Assembly to be a "Preeminent Metropolitan Research University".[9] It enrolls students from 118 of 120 Kentucky counties,[10] all 50 U.S. states, and 116 countries around the world.[11]

Louisville is classified among "R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity".[12] The University of Louisville School of Medicine is touted for the first fully self-contained artificial heart transplant surgery,[13] as well as the first successful hand transplantation in the United States.[14] The University Hospital is also credited with the first civilian ambulance, the nation's first accident services, now known as an emergency department (ED), and one of the first blood banks in the US.[15]

University of Louisville is known for the Louisville Cardinals athletics programs. Since 2005, the Cardinals have made appearances in the NCAA Division I men's basketball Final Four in 2005, 2012, and 2013 (vacated), football Bowl Championship Series Orange Bowl in 2007 (champions) and Sugar Bowl in 2013 (champions), the College Baseball World Series 2007, 2013, 2014, 2017 and 2019, the women's basketball Final Four in 2009 (runner-up), 2013 (runner-up), and 2018, and the men's soccer national championship game in 2010.[16] The Louisville Cardinals Women's Volleyball program has three-peated as champions of the Big East Tournament (2008, 2009, 2010), and were Atlantic Coast Conference Champions in 2015 and 2017. Women's track and field program has won Outdoor Big East titles in 2008, 2009 and 2010 and an Indoor Big East title in 2011.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

University of Louisville is known for the Louisville Cardinals athletics programs. Since 2005, the Cardinals have made appearances in the NCAA Division I men's basketball Final Four in 2005, 2012, and 2013 (vacated)

So if they do beat Florida State, they will probably have to vacate the win? That shouldn't be a problem.

I believe they were one of the teams that applied to join the Big 12 in the previous round of realignment when Texas and OU were still "staunch" members.  In retrospect, the league screwed up big time not admitting them at the time although I don't know the politics behind it.  Louisville is way better overall prospective imo than Houston and even West Virginia.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Gaius Julius Bevo said:

I believe they were one of the teams that applied to join the Big 12 in the previous round of realignment when Texas and OU were still "staunch" members.  In retrospect, the league screwed up big time not admitting them at the time although I don't know the politics behind it.  Louisville is way better overall prospective imo than Houston and even West Virginia.

Plus BIg 12 fans could use road trips to Louisville as an excuse to go hit the bourbon trail.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gaius Julius Bevo said:

Yeah it came down to them or WV. Why we went with the Hillbillies is beyond me.

• Like 1

One thing I have discovered through my careful scouting of Louisville is that their QB Jack Plummer is not related at all to former Arizona State/Denver Broncos QB Jake Plummer. 

And considering Jake Plummer's shitty performance in the 2005 AFC Championship game maybe that is a good thing.

• Haha 3

They suck. Their coach is good. If you’re drafting teams between them and FSU you’d take like 17 fsu guys and 5 Louisville guys. 
their coach is good. Could they beat a meh FSU team with their backup QB playing?  Sure. I’m betting against it. Actually I’m betting on Louisville but that’s because I got 4-1 on then winning the conference 4 weeks ago and 10.5 points 3 weeks ago on a hypothetical matchup with FSU. But I don’t feel good about the win but 4-1 is really good odds. They should be like +200 imo. 

4 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Your welcome. 

The University of Louisville (UofL) is a public research university in Louisville, Kentucky. It is part of the Kentucky state university system. When founded in 1798, it was one of the first city-owned public colleges in the United States and one of the first universities chartered west of the Allegheny Mountains.[citation needed] The university is mandated by the Kentucky General Assembly to be a "Preeminent Metropolitan Research University".[9] It enrolls students from 118 of 120 Kentucky counties,[10] all 50 U.S. states, and 116 countries around the world.[11]

Louisville is classified among "R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity".[12] The University of Louisville School of Medicine is touted for the first fully self-contained artificial heart transplant surgery,[13] as well as the first successful hand transplantation in the United States.[14] The University Hospital is also credited with the first civilian ambulance, the nation's first accident services, now known as an emergency department (ED), and one of the first blood banks in the US.[15]

University of Louisville is known for the Louisville Cardinals athletics programs. Since 2005, the Cardinals have made appearances in the NCAA Division I men's basketball Final Four in 2005, 2012, and 2013 (vacated), football Bowl Championship Series Orange Bowl in 2007 (champions) and Sugar Bowl in 2013 (champions), the College Baseball World Series 2007, 2013, 2014, 2017 and 2019, the women's basketball Final Four in 2009 (runner-up), 2013 (runner-up), and 2018, and the men's soccer national championship game in 2010.[16] The Louisville Cardinals Women's Volleyball program has three-peated as champions of the Big East Tournament (2008, 2009, 2010), and were Atlantic Coast Conference Champions in 2015 and 2017. Women's track and field program has won Outdoor Big East titles in 2008, 2009 and 2010 and an Indoor Big East title in 2011.

You’re

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brohm is probably the best coach in America not at a top 15 program. He's done a really good job at every coaching stop. He's a former QB from a legendary coaching family in the state of Kentucky. Think Jim Harbaugh at Michigan without the weirdness and a drop in talent level and physical toughness but with better offensive schemes. I've followed him for most of his career and I'm a really big fan. I remember him from his playing days. He's one of the greatest quarterbacks in Louisville football history. If Texas needed a coach, I'd love for him to be the guy.

Unfortunately, he's in year 1 at Louisville and his QB is up and down against anyone with a pulse. Brohm will have to scheme his way to points.  He'd have to outcoach Norvell by a wide margin. It could happen though. He's been doing it all year. How long has he been scheming for this game? Can he force the FSU backup into turnovers?

• Hook 'Em 1

Ok real talk: 

Just looking at total total team stats right quick: https://www.espn.com/college-football/stats/team 

What stuck out to me is that Louisville's rush defense is ranked 12th in yards allowed per game at 96/pg, which is pretty fucking solid. 

In the last 2 game FSU's qb Rodemaker is averaging about a 52% completion rate. 

If Louisville can shut down the run, that will force FSU to beat them with Rodemaker and unless this dude balls out and plays the game of his life, I don't think that's going to happen. 

EDIT: 

Miami's rush defense is ranked 13th and held FSU to 57 total rushing yards. FSU still won, but this was w/Jordan Travis. 

I think Louisville will be the most balanced team that FSU will play this season. 

Also, I don't know shit about Louisville's qb, HOWEVER, their rushing offense is slightly better than Miami's and FSU gave up 151 yards rushing against Miami..so there's that too..

So that's all to say..I hope Louisville pulls off the upset. 

Edited by Ashylarry
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

FSU got to 12-0 by beating a subpar LSU team and then outclassing shitty to mediocre ACC competition… Louisville will probably roll over for them. And then FSU will lose by ~40 in the semis.
This is what I fear. It happened in 2014 when Wisconsin rolled over for Ohio State and lost by like 60. ACC wants to get a team in and FSU is their only shot.

One of the greatest football games I've ever watched was on some random DirecTV sports channel between Broehm's little brother and his private school team vs former Raiders rb Michael Bush and his highly ranked public Louisville Male

Both teams scored seemingly every drive in an era before that happened in games. Broehm's team won 59-56 and they went on to play at Louisville together after Bush was moved to RB

55 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

One of the greatest football games I've ever watched was on some random DirecTV sports channel between Broehm's little brother and his private school team vs former Raiders rb Michael Bush and his highly ranked public Louisville Male

Both teams scored seemingly every drive in an era before that happened in games. Broehm's team won 59-56 and they went on to play at Louisville together after Bush was moved to RB

Did you have a stroke while typing this?

Louisville is not good and they’re going to get tied face down to a bedpost ass-fucked by FSU and we’re going to miss the fucking playoffs. In the year year that we could beat any team in the country on a good day. It’s bullshit because FSU doesn’t belong there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Louisville is not good and they’re going to get tied face down to a bedpost ass-fucked by FSU and we’re going to miss the fucking playoffs. In the year year that we could beat any team in the country on a good day. It’s bullshit because FSU doesn’t belong there. 

Lock all these threads and sticky this to the top.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
8 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:
FSU got to 12-0 by beating a subpar LSU team and then outclassing shitty to mediocre ACC competition… Louisville will probably roll over for them. And then FSU will lose by ~40 in the semis.

This is what I fear. It happened in 2014 when Wisconsin rolled over for Ohio State and lost by like 60. ACC wants to get a team in and FSU is their only shot.

Difference is, Florida State is gonna get blasted by anyone they play if they get in. 

My mom's side of the family lives there and half of them attended Louisville so the Cardinals have some sentimental value to me. Will be pulling for them on Saturday.

In re of their game against Kentucky: I think they got caught looking ahead. However, they seem to always lose to someone that they're not supposed to and always upset a team that's heavily favored over them. 

And yes they originally applied to join the Big 12 and I think they were turned down because they're a commuter school which was one of the bullshit rejection factors. Well, look how that turned out. Their fans travel well and they bring a lot more television value (not just in football, but basketball too) over Cincy, Houston, UCF and West Virginia. Big 12 should have scooped them up during realignment in 2011 but nothing can be done about that now. 

Louisville has the best defense FSU has seen this season outside of Duke who was beating FSU in the fourth quarter with a gimpy starter and lost it with a horrific true freshman late. Florida State is going to have to play an A+ defensive game because they will not be able to score on Louisville the way they did on Northern Alabama.

Louisville has the best defense FSU has seen this season outside of Duke who was beating FSU in the fourth quarter with a gimpy starter and lost it with a horrific true freshman late. Florida State is going to have to play an A+ defensive game because they will not be able to score on Louisville the way they did on Northern Alabama.

Subscribed

21 hours ago, Helobious said:

huh?

On 11/27/2023 at 9:24 PM, John80 said:

I'm a UK fan so biased but I don't see them beating Florida State. Kentucky has a terrible offense/special teams and they scored 38 points against Louisville.

You forced 3 TOs and had a 100-yard KR for a TD. Kentucky gained 289 yards of offense in this game. Louisville laid an egg, but Kentucky had a lot of luck. 

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

If FSU were healthy at QB then I'd favor them, since they're not, thinking UL pulls it off. 
I'm thinking the Noles are a lot like us when Quinn was out...they have enough horses to pull the wagon across the finish line even if QB play is sub par. Having said that, Louisville is better than Coug high and BYU so we'll see I guess. Not getting my hopes up.

23 hours ago, Helobious said:

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

• Like 1