Florida State can fuck off

BigOrange1

3 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

DeSantis couldn't give two shits about Florida State. it's just a political move and a smart one at that but I would be pissed if I was a taxpayer.

ummmmm....Florida State is partially funded by the Florida taxpayers & FSU just got screwed out of millions by the eye test. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That 50YO, 30 years older than most of the kids on FSU, needs a fucking life, job, hobby. He’s looked so pathetic the last 4 days. FSU winning or not winning(likely) their 4th national title in football should have no bearing on his life a day or 2 after the game

His daughters look more manly than he does. Of course he’d take it to social media and ask for more attention.

Loser

Did he by chance bang some chick back in the day you were dating?
  • Haha 1

Rumor was that they know they’ll get smoked by Georgia, so they’ll sit out the bowl in protest and claim a UCF style national title.

What? A rumor that leaked out from Mike norvell where he or his staff said they would get smoked by Georgia? What a great message to send to a team who is undefeated.

Got damn man get it together. Don’t believe everything you hear.

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

What? A rumor that leaked out from Mike norvell where he or his staff said they would get smoked by Georgia? What a great message to send to a team who is undefeated.

Got damn man get it together. Don’t believe everything you hear.

lol yeah never said I believed it, because it was stupid as shit.

Quickest way to turn the whole country against them and squander their goodwill victim pity parade would be to pull a dumbass stunt like that.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 10:07 PM, Firemans4Horn said:

Georgia’s non-conference was as bad or worse than Michigan’s. Florida State’s was way better than both. 

Georgia played the toughest schedule of FSU and Mich. Nonconf win at GT was tougher than any nonconf Mich played. And our conf slate was obviously much tougher than either. 

Boycotting the bowl would be some loser mentality bullshit. If you thought you deserved to be in the playoff, then go prove it. Force the AP and Coaches Polls to throw a couple of 1st place votes to create some controversy. Get yourself into the Preseason Top 5 next year so you’re best positioned to make the expanded playoff, even with a couple of losses. 

7 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

Georgia played the toughest schedule of FSU and Mich. Nonconf win at GT was tougher than any nonconf Mich played. And our conf slate was obviously much tougher than either. 

Your conference slate was dogshit. Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Missouri and Ole Miss. there’s two good teams in that group and a whole lot of garbage. And Florida State pounded LSU in non conf while you guys were doing chcikenshit stuff like Ball State, UT Martin, and UAB for fuck’s sake. Pathetic. 

the first team out absolutely should have been Georgia with an assist from Michigan for being such a bunch of fucking bitch made pussies in the OOC scheduling. I can’t stand that Michigan is getting rewarded for their weak shit. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, sidis said:

Your conference slate was dogshit. Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Missouri and Ole Miss. there’s two good teams in that group and a whole lot of garbage. And Florida State pounded LSU in non conf while you guys were doing chcikenshit stuff like Ball State, UT Martin, and UAB for fuck’s sake. Pathetic. 

the first team out absolutely should have been Georgia with an assist from Michigan for being such a bunch of fucking bitch made pussies in the OOC scheduling. I can’t stand that Michigan is getting rewarded for their weak shit. 

Michigan has a weak conference and weak OOC, but they are dominating those teams. Only close games were Ohio State and Maryland that I can recall.

15 minutes ago, sidis said:

all of this.

Why we didn't have a 12-team playoff this year. And why Florida State – and the ACC – can truly fuck off.

https://sports.yahoo.com/if-not-for-the-alliance-college-footballs-muddled-playoff-picture-would-be-much-clearer-this-year-022809015.html

"But inside the decision-makers’ room, the three Alliance commissioners — Pac-12’s George Kliavkoff, ACC’s Jim Phillips and Warren — found issues with the model. Months passed. Each meeting led to another which led to another which led to another — none of them producing an agreement."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

18 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Michigan has a weak conference and weak OOC, but they are dominating those teams. Only close games were Ohio State and Maryland that I can recall.

So what? Do you honestly believe that Oregon and Florida State would not also have dominated every team on the schedule beside Ohio state and Maryland?

im not a Michigan hater. I actually root for them regularly because I hate Ohio state like I hate OU. But I can’t stand that they played an fcs level schedule and are being rewarded for it. 

i applaud the committee for rewarding Texas and Alabama for actually playing some football in September and not contributing to the boringness of the game with a bunch of pointless games. But Michigan getting the top seed for playing a fucking one game season and letting art briles schedule their OOC gets under my skin. 

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

FSU has a legit beef but their anger should be at a system rewarding 4 teams from 5 conferences.  Unless FSU and the ACC are on record as previously stating that the CFP was flawed and they actively worked to reform it, then they need to STFU.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33371549/acc-pac-12-big-ten-commissioners-push-back-college-football-playoff-expansion-critics

From Feb 25, 2022

Last Friday, the CFP announced it will remain a four-team playoff for the next four years -- a decision that was made with an 8-3 vote of the 10 FBS commissioners and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick. 

Mississippi State president Mark Keenum, the chair of the CFP's board of managers, publicized the vote, revealing the Big Ten, ACC and Pac-12 voted against the 12-team proposal.

If the ACC and their “Alliance” had passed this vote the 12 team playoff would have started this year. So they were in favor of keeping the format that ultimately fucked them.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

DeSantis couldn't give two shits about Florida State.

12 hours ago, Doze said:

ummmmm....Florida State is partially funded by the Florida taxpayers & FSU just got screwed out of millions by the eye test. 

DeSantis gives no shit about state schools - dude left Florida for Harvard and Yale.  He's on the campaign trail.

10 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I was going to say that even Florida Man realizes that pulling a stunt like that would be a terrible look that they'd likely never recover from. 

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

FSU has a legit beef but their anger should be at a system rewarding 4 teams from 5 conferences.  Unless FSU and the ACC are on record as previously stating that the CFP was flawed and they actively worked to reform it, then they need to STFU.

Nothing they can say or do will change the final four for the CFP.  Bailing on the Orange Bowl would be humiliating in many levels for FSU, and opposing teams' fans would give them shit for years to come, and it would not help the ACC in future media negotiations. 

If they want to make their case, they need to go in and kick the absolute shit out of Georgia.  Won't change their getting into the CFP, but at least they could hold their heads up and it would shut up their detractors.

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If they want to make their case, they need to go in and kick the absolute shit out of Georgia.  Won't change their getting into the CFP, but at least they could hold their heads up and it would shut up their detractors.

Florida Man doing the opposite and continuing the temper tantrum:

• Haha 2

So what? Do you honestly believe that Oregon and Florida State would not also have dominated every team on the schedule beside Ohio state and Maryland?
im not a Michigan hater. I actually root for them regularly because I hate Ohio state like I hate OU. But I can’t stand that they played an fcs level schedule and are being rewarded for it. 
i applaud the committee for rewarding Texas and Alabama for actually playing some football in September and not contributing to the boringness of the game with a bunch of pointless games. But Michigan getting the top seed for playing a fucking one game season and letting art briles schedule their OOC gets under my skin. 

FSU played the equivalent of a Big 10 West conference schedule in the ACC.

Ohio State, Penn State and Iowa, yes Iowa compared to
LSU, Louisville, Clemson.

Michigan had: UNLV who was a good squad and Bowling Green beat the 4th place team in the ACC.

There were 5 ACC teams with .500 in conference records. FSU played 1 in the regular season. One. That team lost to two Big 10, each with 3 conference wins.
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

FSU played the equivalent of a Big 10 West conference schedule in the ACC.

Ohio State, Penn State and Iowa, yes Iowa compared to
LSU, Louisville, Clemson.

Michigan had: UNLV who was a good squad and Bowling Green beat the 4th place team in the ACC.

There were 5 ACC teams with .500 in conference records. FSU played 1 in the regular season. One. That team lost to two Big 10, each with 3 conference wins.

agreed.  fsu was supremely fortunate that clemson was mediocre this year and the rest of the conference was bad.  they also avoided unc who was the only team with a pulse.  but like michigan can't control the big 10 being shitty, fsu is in same boat.  but they did something about it in their ooc.  they scheduled a neutral with LSU.  unlv and bowling green simply don't compare to lsu at neutral and at florida.

at the end of the day, i think the committee got it right.  we are obviously beneficiaries of them getting it right.  i would be apoplectic if i was an fsu fan but deep down, i would know that any of the four playoff teams would nuke fsu without travis.  georgia will likely demonstrate that for everyone. 

that said, fuck michigan's 2023 schedule.  fucking chickenshit.

oh, and georgia, on the same topic...

d9007bde-8859-4000-b902-90e67ea8a779_tex

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 teams, with 5 Power conferences; it was always apparent that someone had to be left out. If you think that there is no justice then complain about the system not when you feel slighted. 

I can't wait for the updated system, not because it will be "fair" but because it will be so much fun to listen to the 13 ranked teams fan piss and moan about being cheated out of making the playoffs, and about having to play in the Myrtle Beach, New Mexico or Idaho bowl game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

agreed.  fsu was supremely fortunate that clemson was mediocre this year and the rest of the conference was bad.  they also avoided unc who was the only team with a pulse.  but like michigan can't control the big 10 being shitty, fsu is in same boat.  but they did something about it in their ooc.  they scheduled a neutral with LSU.  unlv and bowling green simply don't compare to lsu at neutral and at florida.
at the end of the day, i think the committee got it right.  we are obviously beneficiaries of them getting it right.  i would be apoplectic if i was an fsu fan but deep down, i would know that any of the four playoff teams would nuke fsu without travis.  georgia will likely demonstrate that for everyone. 
that said, fuck michigan's 2023 schedule.  fucking chickenshit.
oh, and georgia, on the same topic...
d9007bde-8859-4000-b902-90e67ea8a779_text.gif

I understand the intent of the scheduling. It wasn’t too long ago that Southern Miss was respectable and UNLV was very poor.

But let’s give Michigan some credit for their OOC schedule next year since maybe the program isn’t trying to run and hide. That doesn’t say anything about this year, but I’m looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think I finally got the stink of watching that FSU/Louisville game off me 5 days later.

seriously - that's one of the worst college football games I've ever seen. Anyone who watched that game knew that FSU without Travis had no business being in the playoff. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 5:17 PM, Steamboat1874 said:

That was great but that hook and lateral play earlier was drawn up and executed with perfection.

I have never seen anyone run it that well.

Yep. Watched that on live TV, very well done, 0U totally flat-footed and ultimate ball carrier with plenty of speed.

Harsin/Petersen got my attention with those and the followup interview, where Harsin called the Hook-and-Lateral a desperation play, on par with the Hail Mary. "We don't have a lot of plays for Fourth and 19, so..." He/they also mentioned that they practice the tricks every week, and they try to use at least one every game because the players really enjoy it. Harsin also mentioned the importance of acting out your part in the tricks... "show the defense your empty hand, so they believe you handed off; as the decoy runner, ;et them see you cover up that ball so they know you've got it..."

I really expected better from the Harsin hire. Feel like it never had a real chance, with The Maje firmly in the Co-OC saddle Mack created.

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

I really expected better from the Harsin hire. Feel like it never had a real chance, with The Maje firmly in the Co-OC saddle Mack created.

Mack was never going to let any OC have actual control and run what they want.

Mack spent 2 years as OC of mediocre offenses, so he knows more than anyone else. 

Plus, he's a pussy and a thin-skinned control freak. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Yep. Watched that on live TV, very well done, 0U totally flat-footed and ultimate ball carrier with plenty of speed.

Harsin/Petersen got my attention with those and the followup interview, where Harsin called the Hook-and-Lateral a desperation play, on par with the Hail Mary. "We don't have a lot of plays for Fourth and 19, so..." He/they also mentioned that they practice the tricks every week, and they try to use at least one every game because the players really enjoy it. Harsin also mentioned the importance of acting out your part in the tricks... "show the defense your empty hand, so they believe you handed off; as the decoy runner, ;et them see you cover up that ball so they know you've got it..."

The beauty of that play is the guy caught the ball on a crossing route and ran with it for a bit before the lateral. Most teams lateral the ball as soon as they catch it.

This had OU's defense moving the wrong way when they did pitch it and it worked to perfection.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Yeah, the teams that don't suck shit played them close.

I'm on record as saying Michigan and Ohio State bootstrapped each other's potentially inflated rankings in the same way Washington and Oregon did. And it didn't hurt, for them, that USC and Penn State were also massively overrated at the beginning of the season.

Their conferences are not as strong as many pollsters had thought they were. Still, I don't think anyone would find it credible that Michigan and Washington aren't in the top four based on what they've accomplished. They made their cases better than FSU did. Period.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

I'm on record as saying Michigan and Ohio State bootstrapped each other's potentially inflated rankings in the same way Washington and Oregon did. And it didn't hurt, for them, that USC and Penn State were also massively overrated at the beginning of the season.

Their conferences are not as strong as many pollsters had thought they were. Still, I don't think anyone would find it credible that Michigan and Washington aren't in the top four based on what they've accomplished. They made their cases better than FSU did. Period.

Washington's schedule was solid. Lots of good to great teams on it. The only thing remotely surprising about Michigan's schedule is that UNLV finished with a winning record. So it's a little bit better than it looked going into the season, but it's still UNLV.