2024 Celebrity Death Pool

Wally Fairway

Met him a couple times and he was a really nice guy. Bigger than I was expecting, looked like he could play pro ball.  A former customer of mine, Joey Floyd was his road manager and later guitar/fiddle player in the band. He also played with Willie. Joey died from cancer in 2016.

https://m.facebook.com/JoeyFloydFoundation/videos/joey-rockin-out/235913494806822/

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I shoulda been cowboy great video when the cowboys didn’t let me down every year 

Stealin the young girls hearts, just like Emmitt and Troy 

Edited by Scraps
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I shoulda been cowboy great video when the cowboys didn’t let me down every year 

Switzer tells the story of him and Toby in the press box at Lewis Field when Rashaun Woods went nuts in 2002 and the Cowboys won 38-28.  As soon as the game ended and the students are tearing down the goalpost they started pumping that song over the loudspeakers. Switzer looks over at Toby and he has his hat pulled down over his eyes and his face is beet red.

• Haha 2

Met him a couple times and he was a really nice guy. Bigger than I was expecting, looked like he could play pro ball.  A former customer of mine, Joey Floyd was his road manager and later guitar/fiddle player in the band. He also played with Willie. Joey died from cancer in 2016.
https://m.facebook.com/JoeyFloydFoundation/videos/joey-rockin-out/235913494806822/

I remember reading he played semi pro ball.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Toby Keith and Bradley Cooper were guests at a friend’s pheasant hunting lodge c. 2015. My daughter’s (uh, no) best friend’s dad worked for the lodge and farm/ranch and she served guests at the lodge. American Sniper had just come out, and my daughter’s friend asked my daughter if she wanted to meet them. I told her that the owner wouldn’t want high school girls bringing friends to meet celebrity guests, but if he somehow said yes, she needed to get Bradley to autograph my Longhorns cap. Of course, he said no  

My daughter’s friend said both Toby and Bradley were very polite and well behaved, even when liquored up.

If my friend had said yes, I would’ve told my daughter to keep my Longhorn cap and Sharpie away from the Sooner. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My daughter’s (uh, no) best friend’s dad worked for the lodge and farm and his daughter worked serving guests at the lodge.

How about the best friend then?

• Haha 3

Sebastian Pinera, former President of Chile is dead at 74. Apparently, he was flying his own helicopter and it crashed in a lake, his 3 passengers apparently survived.  I don't claim to have a super big understanding of Chilean politics, what I do recall was that he was President during the mining disaster/rescue of the 33 miners.  I remember being very happy for those guys when they were rescued, and I know Pinera at least played some part.  

On 2/6/2024 at 10:11 AM, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Don't Let The Old Man In is a great song.

"Just ask yourself how old you would be if you didn't know the day you were born" is a great line in that song. 

I decided to watch the video for that song on YouTube. I found this comment interesting…

IMG-0283.jpg

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 2

The cause was cardiac event, according to his family.

“August 2, 1957 — February 7, 2024 Mojo Nixon. How you live is how you should die. Mojo Nixon was full-tilt, wide-open rock hard, root hog, corner on two wheels + on fire…,” his family said in a statement on Facebook. “Passing after a blazing show, a raging night, closing the bar, taking no prisoners + a good breakfast with bandmates and friends.

https://variety.com/2024/music/news/mojo-nixon-elvis-is-everywhere-dead-1235901773/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

I’m pretty sure Jerry Seinfeld made a movie on the origin story of Pop Tarts that is supposed to come out this year.

Poor bastard didn’t make it to the premiere.

giphy.gif

He did. Would almost have wanted to ask him about that movie when I worked where he goes for his weekly breakfast. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I did the same thing with the non-frosted strawberry too.
My two favorites by far.
They did not even have frosted ones when I was a kid that I remember.

How old are you? According to their website, they began frosting them in 1967.

Team frosted cherry.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Team frosted cherry.

Also, I was raised in a "being cheap is the highest virtue" family.  I didn't get Pop Tarts.  Mom bought these:

91mP813Eq0L.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Is that when your partner is on the rag and you just quirt some cool whip in there before going down?

Quirt?  

You into some kinky shit, man.  No judgement, you seem like a cool cat.  Not Cool Whip, Cool.  But, groovy.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Team frosted cherry.

Here too, but I also liked these. I’d eat the middle and throw away the “crust”.

IMG_1299.webp