Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Mississippi Senate, with a veto proof majority, has passed their own version of Medicaid expansion, after the MS House did the same with their own bill. Senate version is much less expansive and has a work requirement. Now comes the sausage making.

https://mississippitoday.org/2024/03/28/mississippi-medicaid-expansion-senate-passes-legislature-work-requirement-hosemann/

How many states don’t have Medicaid expansion now? 5?

Wisconsin and Arkansas have expanded Medicaid but have legislatures that remove them from budget.

Georgia has a work requirement that’s tripping things up. Mississippi Senate is trying to do similar.

There’s going to be an attempt in FL to get on an initiative in 2026 I believe.

Wyoming had their house pass it way back in 2021 but Senate tangled it up then and looks like it won’t happen anytime soon. They want a state specific public private partnership like Alabama will attempt this year.

Texas is dumb.TN Governor is dumb.

South Carolina has a waiver system that allowed them to expand coverage and Biden admin waived work requirement on them. Not technically Medicaid.

He strikes again alright.  

I find the provocative nature of these kinds of moves fascinating.

What’s the goal here?

Really seems to be trying to alienate large swaths of people. 

Edited by Boss Hogg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 16

4 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

He strikes again alright.  

I find the provocative nature of these kinds of moves fascinating.

What’s the goal here?

Really seems to be trying to alienate large swaths of people. 

Yeah as well-intended as it is, it probably is not a politically savvy move.

2 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i mean you realize Easter isn't like Christmas or Halloween, right? March 31 isn't a special date?

10621f196b0ca323d7ed6a13ec312520.gif

IMG-1519.gif

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Yeah as well-intended as it is, it probably is not a politically savvy move.

i don’t think it’s well intended, at all. It was intentional and the only way I can see to take it is, whoever actually runs this administration is openly hostile to Christians. 

Wild times. 

• Fuck You 18

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Hostile towards Christians that would get all hot and bothered about having to "share" their sacred holiday of hiding plastic eggs full of candy with the trans community?

God, I hope so.

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'd like someone to explain how this is openly hostile to Christians in the first place?

Alito warned us about this.  People with bigoted views may actually get called bigots for expressing bigoted views.  Such tyranny!  When will white straight christians ever catch a break in this society??

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Wisconsin and Arkansas have expanded Medicaid but have legislatures that remove them from budget.

This is fucking WILD.  Could you give a bigger middle finger to your constituents?  Um, we have a fuck ton of free money for you, but nah.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, LCHorn said:

Why would a devoted follower of Christ have any objection toward eliminating violence and discrimination based on gender identity?  Furthermore, isn’t Jesus’s revolutionary message to fully give of oneself, out of love and charity, in order to bring about heaven on earth?  

Sharing a holiday in support of this couldn’t be possibly more on message for an actual disciple.

Seriously. Also, "Joe Biden hates christians". Upside down world, example eighty billion. 

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

When will white straight christians ever catch a break in this society??

Yup.  I was raised Christian.  I describe myself as "recovering", although I still have moments of belief.  Straight, white, male.

I've caught every fucking break in the book.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boss Hogg said:

IMG-1519.gif

i don’t think it’s well intended, at all. It was intentional and the only way I can see to take it is, whoever actually runs this administration is openly hostile to Christians. 

Wild times. 

3 hours ago, Boss Hogg said:

I don’t think it’s well intended, at all. It was intentional and the only way I can see to take it is, whoever actually runs this administration is openly hostile to Christians. 

Wild times. 

Wait until next year when Easter falls on April 20th. Now THAT should really get people talking 'bout the devil....

Easter moves, March 31st does not. So uh, yeah.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Space
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 3

IMG-1519.gif

Wild times. 

Are we talking about real Christians or just the pussies like you who deify the orange Jesus?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

IMG-1519.gif

Wild times. 

What about that is hostile to Christians? 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is fucking WILD.  Could you give a bigger middle finger to your constituents?  Um, we have a fuck ton of free money for you, but nah.

This was supposed to say Kansas, and not Ar-Kansas. I was on a plane. Plz forgive. Arkansas already expanded

Also I’m glad you dickheads continue to elevate and respond to the bullshit posts on this thread that immediately follow positive posts. Bang up job. I hope all your chocolates are melted in your dumb fucking eggs.

Do not respond to my above post. Just be better

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, Boss Hogg said:

IMG-1519.gif

Wild times. 

Openly hostile to Christians. You’re such a pussy. Maybe try not being openly hostile to non Christians for a day or two.

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I don't know about you, but I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to vote for an 141 year old Cyborg Biden in 2084.

Well, I’m not gonna vote for him now after he stole Easter from Jesus on Jesus’s birthday!

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Georgia has a work requirement that’s tripping things up. Mississippi Senate is trying to do similar.

There’s going to be an attempt in FL to get on an initiative in 2026 I believe.

Wyoming had their house pass it way back in 2021 but Senate tangled it up then and looks like it won’t happen anytime soon. They want a state specific public private partnership like Alabama will attempt this year.

Texas is dumb.TN Governor is dumb.

South Carolina has a waiver system that allowed them to expand coverage and Biden admin waived work requirement on them. Not technically Medicaid.

12 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Also I’m glad you dickheads continue to elevate and respond to the bullshit posts on this thread that immediately follow positive posts. Bang up job. I hope all your chocolates are melted in your dumb fucking eggs.

Do not respond to my above post. Just be better

I uh….  didn’t take your previous post as “positive.”

If only we could live in that other timeline. Not sure where else to put this from part of a NYTimes subscriber newsletter.

Revisiting Florida 2000 and the Butterfly Effect
The evidence is strong that, all else being equal, Al Gore would have won if not for an infamous ballot design in Palm Beach County.

We’re still in a post-primary lull before the campaign starts to heat up — and before Donald J. Trump goes on trial. Here are a few quick notes to end the week.

Joe Lieberman and the butterfly ballot
Joe Lieberman, the former Democratic senator, died this week at 82. He was Al Gore’s vice-presidential nominee in 2000, when the Gore-Lieberman ticket came less than 600 Florida votes away from winning the White House.

We’ll never know what would have happened if the Supreme Court had allowed the recount to continue. But I don’t think it’s always appreciated that we probably do know that Mr. Gore would have won Florida, and therefore the presidency, if it weren’t for the infamous “butterfly ballot” in Palm Beach County.

If you don’t remember — it has been a while — the butterfly ballot was very unusual. Candidates were listed on both sides of the ballot, and voters cast a ballot by punching a corresponding hole in the middle. What made it so unusual was that the ordering of the candidates on the ballot didn’t have the same logic as the corresponding punch hole: George W. Bush and Mr. Gore were the first two candidates listed on the left-hand side, but they corresponded to the first and third hole on the punch. The second punch corresponded with the first candidate on the right-hand side of the ballot: the paleoconservative Pat Buchanan, running as a Reform Party candidate.

After the election, many voters from Palm Beach claimed they had inadvertently voted for Mr. Buchanan when they meant to vote for Mr. Gore. This is clear in the data. Mr. Buchanan fared far better in Palm Beach County than he did on the other side of the county line. Indeed, Mr. Buchanan fared far better in Palm Beach County than any politically or demographically comparable area in the country.

You can see this pattern quite clearly in this map, courtesy of Matthew C. Isbell, a Democratic data strategist and consultant:

image.thumb.png.ef978e9a7c5495c5664abf0db6fc0be0.png

Mr. Buchanan also fared much better among Election Day voters — who used the butterfly ballot — than among absentee voters, who did not, a pattern not seen elsewhere in the state. Mr. Buchanan’s support was also concentrated in Democratic areas, even though he was a very conservative candidate.

As far as the data goes, the case is a slam dunk: At least 2,000 voters who meant to vote for Gore-Lieberman ended up voting for Mr. Buchanan. All else being equal, that would have been enough to decide the election.

5 hours ago, Boss Hogg said:

IMG-1519.gif

Wild times. 

lmao this is the most bitch made, snowflake titty baby shit I've seen on this site in a while. Bravo.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, safe sex said:

It's the 31st literally every year, fucking Christ

Ah ok. Never mind. 

every year? Like how many years? He proclaimed it like it’s the first time   

let he who has never been pulled offsides cast the first stone 

Edited by Boss Hogg
  • Fuck You 8

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You pretty recently called transgender individuals mentally ill. It's pretty obvious that you activity seek out being "pulled offsides" by bigoted garbage. Go fuck yourself.

Hey hey hey, let's not be mean to those who might come into the Cloak Room with legitimate opinions that could differ from the majority (of a majority that used to identify as "conservative").

Wait, never mind.  Fuck @Boss Hogg and his ilk.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You pretty recently called transgender individuals mentally ill. It's pretty obvious that you activity seek out being "pulled offsides" by bigoted garbage. Go fuck yourself.

I did?

That’s really a bigger philosophical discussion I guess. It’s traditionally been treated as a mental illness.

I’ll say my gut tells me that 1% of the population being trapped in the wrong body is more than what is really the case.

Nature vs nurture. We are actively promoting that gender is fluid through all media so no surprise that people coming up are more open to that. People look for groups to belong to. 

• Fuck You 14

6 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

I did?

That’s really a bigger philosophical discussion I guess. It’s traditionally been treated as a mental illness.

I’ll say my gut tells me that 1% of the population being trapped in the wrong body is more than what is really the case.

Nature vs nurture. We are actively promoting that gender is fluid through all media so no surprise that people coming up are more open to that. People look for groups to belong to. 

Better question: why do you give a shit?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Boss Hogg said:

IMG-1519.gif

Wild times. 

Imagine Jesus' fury that people at least tolerate each other.

You sir, are a piece of shit.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

That was a joke you dumbass. 

Fucking hilarious. What's next? Your take on the proper fraction amount to assign black people?

Edited by aggie08