CFP Semifinal: Texas vs Washington - 7:45pm on ESPN

Pancho

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

So Washington only penalty was a free cheap shot at Ewers that cost them, what 3 yards?

Hey, we gotta start somewhere.  Next, they might get Washington for an inconsequential false start penalty late in the 4th.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, GTJ1982 said:

Game would look so much different if Sark actually called the game based on the game and abandoned his script after we got our two defensive stops.  

He needs to actually live up to his complimentary football mantra. 

I take that scripted shit with a grain of salt. He's gonna skip plays that are clearly inappropriate. It's just a list of plays that they think have a good chance of working

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Modessit said:

If we can find an adjustment on defense, we can win this. At this point, maybe just contain the backfield and concentrate on breaking up passes or better coverage.

We've been very bipolar, and I think that drive might have helped Ewers dial in a bit. If they adjust to the run and our pass starts working, we could be looking at a high scoring 2nd half.

Again we’ve stopped them twice. That’s not half bad. Our offense is rolling we are up 7+ right now. 

second point I agree. I’m hoping the Ferrari gets out of the garage second half. All gas on the ground leave the private jet for Michigan. 

Ewers has made up for some of the passing with his running.  OL is doing a bit better as well.  glad the Blue drop didn't hurt.

the whittington BS holding was a big call.  spots are very questionable.  if we can just get a fair fight in the 2nd half we can win this.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, gofuckyourself said:

?

I'm talking about the usual suspects. The "it's over" and "I hope Michigan beats Washington" bullshitters.

I was trying to be funny. No time for that tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Great drive at end and awesome runs by QE. Way to hang tough. Really good way to finish half. Texas has stepped on their dicks throughout 1H and game is tied. (Add in refs won’t call shit on UW) 

Make some magic in 2H boys!! LFG!!

Just now, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I take that scripted shit with a grain of salt. He's gonna skip plays that are clearly inappropriate. It's just a list of plays that they think have a good chance of working

My understanding is that it's a script of plays for situations like 1st and 10, 2nd and long, 3rd and short.  It's not "play #11 will be this no matter what."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Just now, ATXbronco said:

Weird to see .500 and sub 100 yards from Quinn.  That's going to get waaay better in the second half.

Rushing looks good - just like half of ya'll have been calling for all first half.

image.thumb.png.5666dfab20d3b3dada27a12de61017da.png

They are taking away the pass and giving us the run and we are refusing to run it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Gonna need to do something different on D in the 2nd half.  Maybe blitz inside and try to jam their receivers outside to keep them from getting into their routes before the pressure gets affects Penix.  We’ll give up some bombs, but they are scoring on those right now anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

agreed.  it's just talking points to give to the sideline reporter.  she even said based on down and distance. so like a playbook?

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Again we’ve stopped them twice. That’s not half bad. Our offense is rolling we are up 7+ right now. 

second point I agree. I’m hoping the Ferrari gets out of the garage second half. All gas on the ground leave the private jet for Michigan. 

Not half bad? It’s fucking terrible

• immamac unpinned this topic