Noah Knigga

Vic Mackey

13 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Neyegga is the way I would pronounce it. Noahneyegga all together mashed up. People pronounce my name wrong all the time so this kid ain’t gonna care, as long as they mention him on the air. The family should have just gone with Shithouse.

burn to range bongos?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/8/2024 at 11:36 PM, texas08 said:

Imout.gif.020933e3da184cfe0792857be037c8ba.gif

goddamn, they coulda scarred that kid for life. The "could you use it in a sentence" example and his look afterwards slayed me. That clip was halfway to a Chappelle skit.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, 'stache said:

You would think they would have changed the spelling of the family name a little over the last hundred plus years.

49 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Usage of that word wasn’t frowned upon until about 30 years ago?  Hell in some parts maybe it’s still not frowned upon 

Shit, he'd fit right in if he transferred to Ole Miss. Listening to their fans, you'd think half the team was already named Knigga.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 6:52 AM, closetohumping said:

Usage of that word wasn’t frowned upon until about 30 years ago?  Hell in some parts maybe it’s still not frowned upon 

Huh? That word was very much frowned upon in both the 1980s and 1990s. I was only around in the 1970s for three years so I can't speak for then.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Huh? That word was very much frowned upon in both the 1980s and 1990s. I was only around in the 1970s for three years so I can't speak for then.

Guess we grew up in different areas but that word was definitely thrown around and for the most part nobody batted an eye.  Of course some of my classmates actually had grandparents that were in the kkk

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Guess we grew up in different areas but that word was definitely thrown around and for the most part nobody batted an eye.  Of course some of my classmates actually had grandparents that were in the kkk

In the early 2000s I was dating a girl from West Texas and her grandfather point blank asked me if I was a Knigga lover. 

Social media just amplified the racism but it's always been there in droves. 

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

The word was not at all acceptable in the 60s or 70s. Of course you would hear it in redneck conversation, but that didn’t make it acceptable.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

In the early 2000s I was dating a girl from West Texas and her grandfather point blank asked me if I was a Knigga lover. 

Social media just amplified the racism but it's always been there in droves. 

I’d say there’s a lot less racism than in the 80s and 90s

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 7:52 AM, closetohumping said:

You think in the 1990s it finally was frowned upon by Americans at large?

edit: already covered but in Austin it wasn’t. That said it doesn’t mean it wasn’t and isn’t used by kids of all races in gaming and junior highs across the nation (well I should say queens here and most definitely dependent on socioeconomic level of the kid). But I meant it more as in adult America. Either way not the place I guess for the convo, this ain’t CR, my bad 

Edited by achooloco