Washington vs Michigan, CFP Championship -- Jan. 8th ESPN 6:30p CT

LTtxfan

Idk why people are confused that a Texas forum didn’t root for a fan base of a team that ended our first shot at a national championship in 15 years literally 7 days ago. There’s literally a thread about coping.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Wrong. Schools like Michigan, North Carolina, Texas and Georgia are cut from a different cloth. I have more respect for OU fans than I do Washington’s.

Admire your passion and spirit but come now, you know that’s not remotely true. 

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Idk why people are confused that a Texas forum didn’t root for a fan base of a team that ended our first shot at a national championship in 15 years literally 7 days ago. There’s literally a thread about coping.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'm fine with Michigan winning. They're analogous to Texas in a lot of ways. This game proved we have a long way to go to have a cohesive team that can win a title. Defense needs to get better and the offense needs to play 100% every game. Something to work on. Also enjoyed it because Washington fans were a bit mouthy. But hey, you beat us. Awesome for you. What did that really matter in the long run?

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, YChang said:

Admire your passion and spirit but come now, you know that’s not remotely true. 

Really, so there is no difference between the Ohio State fan base and an opposing fan’s typical interaction with those idiots than with UT or Michigan fans? I guess you think there is no difference between Eagles and Texans fans and the experience of attending a game at the Linc or NRG wearing an opponent’s jersey.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Macklemore said:

Really, so there is no difference between the Ohio State fan base and an opposing fan’s typical interaction with those idiots than UT or Michigan fans?

Texas and Michigan are as analogous as OU and Ohio State. The only exception is Texas supplies all the talent and Ohio supplies Michigan with all their talent. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

We played over our heads for most of the season and had a puncher's chance of getting to this game...where we would also have lost to a superior Michigan team. I'm completely fine with how our season played out. Winning the Big 12 was all I wanted. Most importantly, we finally righted the ship.

Agreed. 

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Penix "hey cameras, get a good shot of me limping to get that sympathy to take away from the fact I sucked shit tonight" lmao. Keep on walking and crying.

Without Rig10 refs making sure you get 80% of the calls, they suddenly look normal.  Amazing how that happens.  Fuck you Limp Penix and fuck you Huskies!  Enjoy the 7hr flight home you POS pretenders!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Really, so there is no difference between the Ohio State fan base and an opposing fan’s typical interaction with those idiots than with UT or Michigan fans? I guess you think there is no difference between Eagles and Texans fans and the experience of attending a game at the Linc or NRG wearing an opponent’s jersey.

To clarify I just don’t think the schools you mentioned are paragons of good fans. Perhaps on average other fanbases are less shitty. I’ll give you that. But there isn’t anything special. But hey, as long as you’re enjoying yourself at the game, who cares right?

4 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Without Rig10 refs making sure you get 80% of the calls, they suddenly look normal.  Amazing how that happens.  Fuck you Limp Penix and fuck you Huskies!  Enjoy the 7hr flight home you POS pretenders!

I believe that Sark's refusal to take what was given (two back run game) and instead he tried to take what he desired hurt us more than the refs. Good I hope it burns Sark all off season. As an OC he can be cute like that because the head guy answers for the failure. In this case he knows he should have been playing tonight had he taken what was there to be had. People learn most from failure when they are willing to adapt and not bang their heads against the wall and this season Sark showed he at times remembers the lessons learned.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Juke_Em said:

Such an underwhelming champion. Washington was right there with them for 3.5 quarters despite being completely one-dimensional. 

It's all about matchups. Texas would have matched up nicely against Michigan while Washington was the worst matchup because they were capable of winning with the passing game and didn't need to run. Our defense's strength is stopping the run. Michigan and Alabama's offenses are based on the run so if we shut that down then McCarthy and Milroe wouldn't have beaten us in the air like Penix did. 

Michigan was definitely a better matchup for our defense. But, I think their DLine would have given our OLine fits and if the refs allowed the physical DB play they allowed tonight then we may have struggled. 

Wish we would have had a chance to find out, but at the end of the day I think the best team in the playoffs won. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm fine with Michigan winning. They're analogous to Texas in a lot of ways. This game proved we have a long way to go to have a cohesive team that can win a title. Defense needs to get better and the offense needs to play 100% every game. Something to work on. Also enjoyed it because Washington fans were a bit mouthy. But hey, you beat us. Awesome for you. What did that really matter in the long run?

Texas actually has some wins.  The one constant tradition left in college football was that Michigan had never won a title since color TV.

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I believe that Sark's refusal to take what was given (two back run game) and instead he tried to take what he desired hurt us more than the refs. Good I hope it burns Sark all off season. As an OC he can be cute like that because the head guy answers for the failure. In this case he knows he should have been playing tonight had he taken what was there to be had. People learn most from failure when they are willing to adapt and not bang their heads against the wall and this season Sark showed he at times remembers the lessons learned.

This is going to sting for a long time. It feels like in the 2013 NBA Finals when the Spurs were a hair away from winning game 7 and lost. This left a sour taste in everyone’s mouth and the next year they came back and only lost 20 games and blew the doors off Miami in the 2014 Finals 4-1.  

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, notre dame joe said:

Texas actually has some wins.  The one constant tradition left in college football was that Michigan had never won a title since color TV.

Now Notre Dame proudly can claim the title of being the blue blood with the longest national championship drought. It must sting.

6 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

There was color tv in 1997

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

We played over our heads for most of the season and had a puncher's chance of getting to this game...where we would also have lost to a superior Michigan team. I'm completely fine with how our season played out. Winning the Big 12 was all I wanted.

Not me. I wanted to win the national championship.

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Not me. I wanted to win the national championship.

Everything after Alabama was free money.  It'd have been nice to pull it out vs OU and UW.  I think we would have given M a bit more of a game than the Huskies did, but it was a great year.  

2 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

This game is frustrating.  Set aside how well Michigan’s defense is playing, if we get a couple of those timely wide open drops by UW receivers in our game, we win.  We really should have won last week. 

Instead of being a purebred scrub who relies on luck all we had to do was call a better game plan but our coaches were absolute dumbfucks during the first half they woke up from their moribund coma in the 2nd half but the players started fucking them then.

It is always better to take the position in traffic rather than hope it opens up for you.

Better luck next year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

😂😂😂

Hilarious!

That obstinate fan prolly had to eat his ticket/tickets, because there was some article after the semifinals that the ticket CFP Championship Game prices tanked after Texas lost something crazy, like from $2900/ticket before the semifinals to $600/ticket after the semifinals.

Triple-OOFPH!  Lulz.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I had kind of liked Washington until last week. They acted the way Aggies want to act but Aggies actually show comparatively more restraint. I don't hate other teams, but I can't say that I'm unhappy the Huskies lost. I'm not exactly thrilled that the cheatin' Wolverines won either.

Anyway, great season of college football. Texas is good again. Overall, veddy nice.

Hook 'Em, my friends.

It would be chef's-kiss that the most damning parts of The Cheating by Meatchicken that have been held back until now, are released after an apparent MNC.  Lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, UTHornFan014 said:

But, I think their DLine would have given our OLine fits and if the refs allowed the physical DB play they allowed tonight then we may have struggled. 

This would be my best guess too.  I watched both Washington Oregon games and Oregon, nor Texas got close to the kind of pressure on Penix that Michigan did.  Their Dline played an impressive game.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Juke_Em said:

Such an underwhelming champion. Washington was right there with them for 3.5 quarters despite being completely one-dimensional. 

It's all about matchups. Texas would have matched up nicely against Michigan while Washington was the worst matchup because they were capable of winning with the passing game and didn't need to run. Our defense's strength is stopping the run. Michigan and Alabama's offenses are based on the run so if we shut that down then McCarthy and Milroe wouldn't have beaten us in the air like Penix did. 

Awesome take. I’m surprised no one else over the last six weeks noticed Washington was the worst matchup. You should be a football analyst or maybe get into coaching.  

• Haha 1

Michigan by 10.  Washington can't run and can't stop the run. In all my years watching CFB, I don't ever recall a championship team with those two traits.    
Khakis will run the gameplan Sark should have pivoted to: pound the rock and keep it away from Penix.  Their pass rush and secondary is much better than ours.  I think Big Blue pulls away in the 4th.

Correct. Was thinking this before during and after the game last night. Michigan made good use of our game film.

Also have to wonder if Penix didn’t have flash backs to losing to Michigan all those years at Indiana.
  • Hook 'Em 1