Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

We tried to warn people, my lovely and they wouldn’t fucking listen to our sage warnings. Looks like DeBoer has accepted if X sources are legit/accurate. We tried. It’s their funeral. I don’t drink anymore but will treat you to a steak dinner of “we fucking told yall so.”

Welp between you and Troph, I guess we should should just shut the program down bc DeBoer is going to Alabama

• Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Welp between you and Troph, I guess we should should just shut the program down bc DeBoer is going to Alabama

now YOU'RE being a dramatic little bitch.

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

We tried to warn people, my lovely and they wouldn’t fucking listen to our sage warnings. Looks like DeBoer has accepted if X sources are legit/accurate. We tried. It’s their funeral. I don’t drink anymore but will treat you to a steak dinner of “we fucking told yall so.”

steak dinner - always good for that. I'm hopeful Sark steps it up a notch. He can ball. but he's got another level to find.

2 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Except for that coaching in the 4th quarter of our game. It was terribad only to be bailed out by Sark’s red zone offense.

Dillon's injury was a much bigger factor in Texas' chance. that was third down. The plan was 15 seconds remaining when they punted on 4th. it was a bit of a freak accident.

We all wanted bama to suck for a decade. not gonna happen. fine. let's go.

Excited Lets Go GIF

I think we are in fine position for the next few years, I do think Bama, Goergia and Texas are tops in the SEC for the next 3-4 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

DeBoer is a MAJOR issue for the SEC if he takes that job. and if he does, Texas AD, President's office and the BOR need to hire Bama folks as consultants on our next hires. that's one GOAT to what may be the next. Sweet fucking Jesus say it isn't so. I want DeBoer at WA or at a Big 10 school. Fuck that, I want him in the NFL where I don't have to worry one single day about him. That fucker can coach.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

We get it, you’re terrified of him 

Scares you to death.

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Scares you to death.

200.gifOrange Spinning GIF by WAHS SidelinesCookie GIF by Juulieffe

ain't nothing if you make sure your pee is clear and you've had your orange slices at halftime and look forward to that warm cookie after the game. let's go kids!!!

Edited by troph
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

DeBoer is a MAJOR issue for the SEC if he takes that job. and if he does, Texas AD, President's office and the BOR need to hire Bama folks as consultants on our next hires. that's one GOAT to what may be the next. Sweet fucking Jesus say it isn't so. I want DeBoer at WA or at a Big 10 school. Fuck that, I want him in the NFL where I don't have to worry one single day about him. That fucker can coach.

Will he have eighth  year lettermen at Bama?

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

He gone.  😞

How you know? One of the local radio stations said he would be on tomorrow morning or they are advertising he will be “in the studio live.” Also one of the more connected Huskies that tweets a lot said DeBoer usually goes to their basketball games and would be looking to see if he was there tonite. The tweet I posted I said wasn’t sure about. Largely because most of the shit on X now needs to be verified even more closely thanks to blue check bs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Shouldn't that little party wait until he does something notable at Bama?

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Or even takes the job. That tweet is bullshit. Its a bit strange that if you google "Gregg Greer CBS", you get no results back that indicate someone with that name works at CBS sports. its just some jackoff spouting bullshit on the internet. Here's some more of his bullshit

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Maybe he'll be great. Maybe he'll suck. Who knows. It is true the guy has won everywhere he has coached, but that's been while playing the role of the underdog. We've seen how that background can fail miserably at a top-tier program.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Pure silliness.

I wasn't scared of Texas facing off against Alabama over the next few years when they were featuring the greatest college football coach of all time, so I'm certainly not scared of facing off against Alabama with someone who's not the greatest college football coach of all time.

If it ends up being him, DeBoer is going to face all of the exact same disadvantages at Alabama vis a vis Texas and other NIL powers that Saban was facing, the same disadvantages that helped Saban to make the decision to quit now, and he'll do it without the advantage of having a consolidated power base backing him, the way Saban did after building the program for so many years.  He'll be following not only a legend but the GOAT and that's the kind of pressure that can bend and break the best of coaches.  

Some folks around here need to get a grip.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

A lot of Huskies fans biting on the tweet I posted. One way to check I guess would be to see if he’s at the Arizona State v Washington basketball game tonite at 10 pm CT…I mean if he’s there (and apparently he attends regularly) it’s a good sign for Washington? Maybe? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

A lot of Huskies fans biting on the tweet I posted. One way to check I guess would be to see if he’s at the Arizona State v Washington basketball game tonite at 10 pm CT…I mean if he’s there (and apparently he attends regularly) it’s a good sign for Washington? Maybe? 

Tell me about it in the morning. I ain’t staying up for some PAC 12 basketball game 😂 night crew can take that one 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Tell me about it in the morning. I ain’t staying up for some PAC 12 basketball game 😂 night crew can take that one 

You are the reason the PAC fell apart. With your bedtime hours. If the Big 12 had merged with the PAC we’d be sitting pretty. But no, now we are in the SEC. Thanks lol. 

• Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Pure silliness.

I wasn't scared of Texas facing off against Alabama over the next few years when they were featuring the greatest college football coach of all time, so I'm certainly not scared of facing off against Alabama with someone who's not the greatest college football coach of all time.

If it ends up being him, DeBoer is going to face all of the exact same disadvantages at Alabama vis a vis Texas and other NIL powers that Saban was facing, the same disadvantages that helped Saban to make the decision to quit now, and he'll do it without the advantage of having a consolidated power base backing him, the way Saban did after building the program for so many years.  He'll be following not only a legend but the GOAT and that's the kind of pressure that can bend and break the best of coaches.  

This is good perspective. What I really wanted was Bama to suck for a decade more than anything else.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Pure silliness.

This. We beat the GOAT at home by 10 and I am supposed to be afraid of a dude who beat us with an all world performance from a 27th year QB when we fumbled our asses off and played like shit only to lose by 6 when we had a shot on the last play? Get your shit together people.

Texas is Walt and yall "sky is falling" folks are Skylar.

https://youtu.be/wMEq1mGpP5A?si=mcWxJ9LcOQ7nlNNZ

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, troph said:

I'd love Bama to suck and Texas to roll in (no pun intend) and dominate.  DeBoer had great talent but not across the board and he's only lost 3 games as a P5 coach in two years and won 3 titles the last time he was a HC, albeit NAIA. I do think he's going to be one of the best in the business.

DeBoer is good; no dispute. However, after 1 game against Texas and 1 game against Michigan, 2 of his top offensive players (QB, RB) got injured and his RT (backside protection for Penix) had PTSD.  No way this Washington team makes it through the B1G, SEC, or the mighty Big12 unscathed.  The PacX was competitive this year, but they were far less physical than the other top conferences.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, po elvis said:

Except for that coaching in the 4th quarter of our game. It was terribad only to be bailed out by Sark’s red zone offense.

With help the whole fucking game from Rig10/BigSlow10 refs.

It don't mean a shit. Bring it fucking on!

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I also want to warn you @troph, don't drink anything at this dinner and stay the fuck away from any body of water. I like you and don't want to read about another Rainey street murder. It's a trap.

• Haha 5

• immamac changed the title to Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire